United States United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

BNP Campaigner to Apply for a Grant to Celebrate 'White History Month'

Tireless British National Party councillor and campaigner Michael Simpkins has announced his intention to apply for a £1,600 grant from the Wiltshire County Council to celebrate white history month — because that was what they paid towards this month’s black history celebrations in the region

..."The origin of the word Africa comes from the Roman general Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus who lived from 235–183 BC. Scipio Africanus was a general in the Second Punic War between Rome and its ancient rival Carthage, and was responsible for defeating the famous general Hannibal at the Battle of Zama in 202 BC. This battle ended the war, and Scipio became a Roman hero."
    http://bnp.org.uk/2009/10/lessons-fr...history-month/

Last Online
    Friday, March 30th, 2018 @ 11:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I think they should celebrate "British history month" instead, for two reasons.

1. There is no clear definition of "white", and it is "cheating" to say ancient Greeks or whatever are "your history and people" (were those Greeks "white" anyway?)

2. The British history has more than enough of things to be proud of and learn about for British school children. It's more important to know your own people's history and not some white in the near east 4,000 years ago (that is rather World History). Also, the students and teachers will realize that the British history does not include non-whites anyway, so the term British will be much better since they will realize exactly who is really British by looking at history.

A.K.A. Autobahn
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, April 12th, 2012 @ 09:59 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Gaul, England, Austria, Canada
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single adult
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I don't see why not. In the USA we have Martin Luther King Day & Black History Month.

I honestly believe that United States citizens in the South, should be able to celebrate the Confederate Memorial Day, if they wish. Surprisingly, even a black politician was pushing for that idea!

Bill would require paid Confederate holiday in SC
    February 03, 2009 7:23 PM EST
    COLUMBIA, S.C. - A black state senator is pushing a bill that would require South Carolina cities and counties to give their workers a paid day off for Confederate Memorial Day or lose millions in state funds.

Democratic Sen. Robert Ford's bill won initial approval from a Senate subcommittee Tuesday. It would force county and municipal governments to follow the schedule of holidays used by the state, which gives workers 12 paid days off, including May 10 to honor Confederate war dead. Mississippi and Alabama also recognize Confederate Memorial Day.

Years ago, Ford said, he pushed a bill to make both that day and Martin Luther King Jr. Day paid holidays. He considered it an effort to help people understand the history of both the civil rights movement and the Confederacy in a state where the Orders of Secession are engraved in marble in the Statehouse lobby, portraits of Confederate generals look down on legislators in their chambers and the Confederate flag flies outside.

"Every municipality and every citizen of South Carolina, should be, well, forced to respect these two days and learn what they can about those two particular parts of our history," Ford said Tuesday.

In a state steeped in a segregationist past, "there's no love in this state between black and white basically," he said. That's not apparent at the Statehouse, where black and white legislators get along, "but if you go out there in real South Carolina, it's hatred and I think we can bring our people together."

Lonnie Randolph, president of the state conference of NAACP branches, objected to that reasoning.
    Retrieved From:http://enews.earthlink.net/article/n...09020366475756

Last Online
    Monday, August 30th, 2010 @ 04:36 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo Saxon
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    England England
    State
    East Anglia East Anglia
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Labourer.
    Politics
    BNP / NS
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's a nice idea but doubtful the council would hand over a penny toward an event celebrating 'white' history.

White pride should be frowned upon and is thouroughly racist, whereas Black power represents an advancement of civil rights. Infact their civil rights have advanced so much that now our council tax is paying for them to celebrate their history.

What a fine history they have.

They tell us that race has no place in this modern world of diversity but they rub our noses in it at our expense.... Let me say this, if I ever see a council funded celebration of white history I will retract my statement and go and celebrate their negroe history with them. Until that day when the pigs fly I will remain deeply unhappy that the council funds such events when it could put the money to better use.

An interesting google search is Black police association look at the amount of pages it brings up. Then google White police association.

I rest my case.
    Bring Back Capital Punishment! - My you-tube Channel = http://www.youtube.com/user/Hertsbnp

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 4th, 2012 @ 12:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The Constitution was handed down to guide us by a bunch of wise old dead white guys who invented our country! Now some flinch when I say that. Why! Its true-they were white guys! So were most of the guys that died in Lincoln's name opposing slavery in the 1860s. So why should I be ashamed of white guys? Why is "Hispanic Pride" or "Black Pride" a good thing, while "White Pride" conjures shaven heads and white hoods? Why was the Million Man March on Washington celebrated by many as progress, while the Promise Keepers March on Washington was greeted with suspicion and ridicule? I’ll tell you why, Cultural warfare!"
    - Charles Heston

Last Online
    Friday, March 30th, 2018 @ 11:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Méldmir View Post
    I think they should celebrate "British history month" instead, for two reasons.

1. There is no clear definition of "white", and it is "cheating" to say ancient Greeks or whatever are "your history and people" (were those Greeks "white" anyway?)

2. The British history has more than enough of things to be proud of and learn about for British school children. It's more important to know your own people's history and not some white in the near east 4,000 years ago (that is rather World History). Also, the students and teachers will realize that the British history does not include non-whites anyway, so the term British will be much better since they will realize exactly who is really British by looking at history.
    Does the BNP read here? Or did they already have this before? Seems like "White history month" has turned into "British history month"

http://mybnp.co.uk/newsletter/bhm1.html