Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Are You Proud or Ashamed of the Barbarian Stereotype?

Last Online
    Friday, June 15th, 2012 @ 07:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longbeard View Post
    The barbarian stereotype was invented by a bunch of gay darkies who thought long-winded yapping/pretentiousness and being a money whore= intelligent and manly. It was they who had an inverted perception of life.
    You just parroted the view that blacks and Arabs have of the white race.

Congratulations, I suppose.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, July 12th, 2019 @ 03:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    English/German combo
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Sagittarius
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Germanic barbarians were constructive barbarians. They founded nations and forged kingdoms, duchies, and other feudal states that were the basis of modern countries. Unlike blacks and Arabs who are nothing but savages and pernicious and destructive. I'd much rather be a barbarian than a savage.

As for the barbarian "stereotype", all I can say is that what the mass media serves up as stereotypically barbarian is usually drivel. Yes, I am proud of my barbarian forebears, but I am not proud of the way they are portrayed in a Jewish-influenced-&-dominated media, which apart from anything else, is wholly historically inaccurate and, I repeat, drivel.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingvaeonic View Post
    Germanic barbarians were constructive barbarians. They founded nations and forged kingdoms, duchies, and other feudal states that were the basis of modern countries. Unlike blacks and Arabs who are nothing but savages. I'd much rather be a barbarian than a savage.
    I agree that Germanic barbarians were unusually smart and constructive, and the Romans even grudgingly respected them.

But that's not my point. The stupid and anti-intellectual tone in Longbeard's idiotic post reminded me of blacks and Arabs sneering down on civilized people.

I'm proud of being civilized.

Unregistered
    The "savage stupid barbarian" stereotype is largely untrue. After the Greco-Roman power centers, the Germanics were the most advanced in Europe.

And yes, I agree that the other post sounded very anti-intellectual. After all, Hitler and the Nazis admired the Roman Empire rather than grunting about "gay darkies".

Murphy
    I'm not surprised that Hitler admired the Greco-Roman civilization, and modeled his capital Germania in their architectural style. They created the foundation of what we call "Western civilization".

Last Online
    Sunday, July 10th, 2011 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Brief Absence
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Indiana, Tennessee, British Isles
    Subrace
    Borreby/Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    writer and farmer
    Politics
    tribal
    Religion
    odin's talking blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King of the North View Post
    But that's not my point. The stupid and anti-intellectual tone in Longbeard's idiotic post reminded me of blacks and Arabs sneering down on civilized people.
    you apparently have no knowledge of history, and your condescending tone reminds me of a spoiled brat that needs smacked in the face. I assume you insulted me because you take personal my attack on homosexuals... guess what: not everyone here loves fags and some of us are sickened by it. did you know Hitler sent gays to concentration camps? but I'm sure you hate Hitler too...

what was stupid and anti-intellectual? the Romans insulted the German tribes for being "uncivilized", and I simply defended their neglect of money and refusal to embrace the pretentious social system of the Romans as being more civilized, intelligent and a natural way of life.

anyway, just because Arabs say it doesn't make it wrong. modern Western society has become so capitalist, perverted and disgusting they have a point with that issue.

I don't know why liberal morons like you are even on this forum, who spit on and attack the heart of the truth at any chance you get. but welcome to my ignore list.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Prussian
    Subrace
    Faelid/Batlid
    Country
    United States United States
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    People, people, please, as I have said before, when we squabble amongst ourselves the Untermensch win...

Overall, I don't relate to the tribal era, or the Vikings, I am most proud of my Prussian Heritage, fighting against Napoleon in the Battle of Waterloo, the Wehrmacht, and our scientists, not a few hundred years living like savages.
    Ein Kampf, Ein Sieg! Fur Prussia!

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    How old are you, Longbeard? 14 or 13?

Quote Originally Posted by Longbeard View Post
    I assume you insulted me because you take personal my attack on homosexuals... guess what: not everyone here loves fags and some of us are sickened by it. did you know Hitler sent gays to concentration camps?
    No, I didn't take your post in a personal way. In another thread, I said that homosexuality should be outlawed and kept out of public sight. Obviously, you couldn't be bothered to read it.

And yes, I do know that Hitler sent fags to the concentration camps. I also know that the SA and especially the SS were filled with fags.

but I'm sure you hate Hitler too...
    I don't love or hate Hitler. He was right on some points, and wrong on a few others. I much prefer Alfred Rosenberg, the main NS ideologue, as far as Nazis go.

what was stupid and anti-intellectual? the Romans insulted the German tribes for being "uncivilized", and I simply defended their neglect of money and refusal to embrace the pretentious social system of the Romans as being more civilized, intelligent and a natural way of life.
    When you're called ''uncivilized'' by someone who is clearly superior and much more advanced than you, then you strive to become superior yourself. That's what the Germanic tribes did, and in the end they conquered Rome.

You do not react by wallowing in your ignorance and grunting about ''fags'', because that's what negroes do.

anyway, just because Arabs say it doesn't make it wrong. modern Western society has become so capitalist, perverted and disgusting they have a point with that issue.
    I agree that there's much wrong with our Western society, and it's becoming increasingly degenerate and disgusting. But the Arab society is much more disgusting, in every way possible.
    I'd rather see my country destroyed than live in an ''Aryan Saudi Arabia''.

I don't know why liberal morons like you are even on this forum, who spit on and attack the heart of the truth at any chance you get. but welcome to my ignore list.
    Awww, did I hurt your feelings?

Come back to Skadi when you're not 14 anymore.

Last Online
    Sunday, August 4th, 2019 @ 04:05 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    I'm proud of it. Our ancestors must have been a real pain to cause being called such a word!

I can imagine a Greek or Roman or uttering the word in frustration as they retreat.
    I grew up on a belief of honour, courage and the old world values. The world isn't about that anymore, preferring to die a slow death of fast food and cheap thrills.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I'm not surprised that Hitler admired the Greco-Roman civilization, and modeled his capital Germania in their architectural style. They created the foundation of what we call "Western civilization".
    That is overestimating their contribution.
    The sense of honor is of so fine and delicate a nature that
    it is only to be met with in minds which are naturally noble or
    cultivated by good examples and a refined education.
    - Sir Richard Steele

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast