Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Multiple Wives Will Mean Multiple Benefits - but Only for Muslims

Probably old news for most Brits but I (and maybe some other Continentals) did not know it is already that bad in Great Britain.

Multiple wives will mean multiple benefits

By Jonathan Wynne-Jones
    Published: 12:01AM GMT 03 Feb 2008

Husbands with multiple wives have been given the go-ahead to claim extra welfare benefits following a year-long Government review, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal.
    Have your say: Should multiple wives get recognition from the state?

Even though bigamy is a crime in Britain, the decision by ministers means that polygamous marriages can now be recognised formally by the state, so long as the weddings took place in countries where the arrangement is legal.

The outcome will chiefly benefit Muslim men with more than one wife, as is permitted under Islamic law. Ministers estimate that up to a thousand polygamous partnerships exist in Britain, although they admit there is no exact record.

The decision has been condemned by the Tories, who accused the Government of offering preferential treatment to a particular group, and of setting a precedent that would lead to demands for further changes in British law.

New guidelines on income support from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) state: "Where there is a valid polygamous marriage the claimant and one spouse will be paid the couple rate ... The amount payable for each additional spouse is presently £33.65."

Income support for all of the wives may be paid directly into the husband's bank account, if the family so choose. Under the deal agreed by ministers, a husband with multiple wives may also be eligible for additional housing benefit and council tax benefit to reflect the larger property needed for his family.

The ruling could cost taxpayers millions of pounds. Ministers launched a review of the benefit rules for polygamous marriages in November 2006, after it emerged that some families had benefited financially.

The review concluded in December last year with agreement that the extra benefits should continue to be paid, the Government admitted. The decision was not publicly announced.

Four departments - the Treasury, the DWP, HM Revenue and Customs, and the Home Office - were involved in the review, which concluded that recognising multiple marriages conducted overseas was "the best possible" option. In Britain, bigamy is punishable by up to seven years in prison.

Islamic law permits men to have up to four wives at any one time - known as a harem - provided the husband spends equal amounts of time and money on each of them.

A DWP spokesman claimed that the number of people in polygamous marriages entering Britain had fallen since the 1988 Immigration Act, which "generally prevents a man from bringing a second or subsequent wife with him to this country if another woman is already living as his wife in the UK".

While a married man cannot obtain a spouse visa to bring a second wife into Britain, some multiple partners may be able to enter the country via other legal routes such as tourist visas, student visas or work permits.

In addition, officials have identified a potential loophole by which a man can divorce his wife under British law while continuing to live with her as his spouse under Islamic law, and obtain a spouse visa for a foreign woman who he can legally marry.

"Entry clearance may not be withheld from a second wife where the husband has divorced his previous wife and the divorce is thought to be one of convenience," an immigration rulebook advises. "This is so, even if the husband is still living with the previous wife and to issue the entry clearance would lead to the formation of a polygamous household."

Chris Grayling, the shadow work and pensions secretary, said that the decision was "completely unjustifiable".

"You are not allowed to have multiple marriages in the UK, so to have a situation where the benefits system is treating people in different ways is totally unacceptable and will serve to undermine confidence in the system.

"This sets a precedent that will lead to more demands for the culture of other countries to be reflected in UK law and the benefits system."

Mr Grayling also accused the Government of trying to keep the ruling quiet because the topic is so controversial.
    Source

Wow, they get rewarded for breaking the British law - that is unbelievable.
    The Indians did not stop the flood of immigrants - today they live in reservations.

Last Online
    Monday, November 2nd, 2009 @ 07:27 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England Norway Germany
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Queensland Queensland
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Orthodox Anglican
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well how can any country afford this?

I wonder how any country can afford benefits for multiple wives? I read in Australia where a man who was married had children with a second woman who is on single parent benefits now. So he is getting the State to support his second wife and child by using our laws which were never meant to be used like this.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 8th, 2020 @ 04:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    665 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by annatori
    I wonder how any country can afford benefits for multiple wives?
    Wrong formulated question. It must be: 'why should we bail-out benefits for someone who is no benefit?'

A British study said one immigrant costs 1,1mio pounds over his life time. I guess it is not much different in Britain than here in Germany. While we had around 2 million Turks in the 70s, of whom were around 80 percent in work (rest were spouses), we now have 7,5million Turks, but still only 2 million working. So 5,5 million live on welfare. Plus Arabs, Blacks, Asians, eastern Europeans. Their 'benefit' is minus 1,3mio Euro each.

Talking about financial crisises...

Quote Originally Posted by Stimme
    Wow, they get rewarded for breaking the British law - that is unbelievable.
    No difference to Germany then.
    Last edited by velvet; Saturday, October 31st, 2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: add
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 @ 07:22 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    we now have 7,5million Turks, but still only 2 million working.
    Are you sure about that? I read that France has the most muslims of all western European countries - and they have about 4 millions.

Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    No difference to Germany then.
    As far as I know there is no extra welfare for having several wives in Germany.
    The Indians did not stop the flood of immigrants - today they live in reservations.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 8th, 2020 @ 04:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    665 Posts
    Are you sure about that? I read that France has the most muslims of all western European countries - and they have about 4 millions.
    Ehm, ja, somehow sure. I think I've read this some days ago only, but cant remember where. Actually this number surprised me, because I thought we have all in all about 17mio foreign people here, and given the negative impact muslims have I thought they were even more.
    However, the census counting of these people is somewhat difficult, because many of them have a German passport and therefore count as German.

As far as I know there is no extra welfare for having several wives in Germany.
    No, because you get anyway welfare for every member of your household, or the 'divorced' wife gets welfare anyway. Since you have best chances when you come without papers and get agents who tell you what to write into the application to get the most out of it, I'm sure we have here harems too. They are probably not registered, this doesnt mean they wouldnt exist though.
    A well known problem for example is that immigrants register themselves in several cities, and get welfare in each. It would be no problem to hide some harems there. I know about such cases, when it came out that there was a wife in each of the registered addresses.

The main problem here is that there is no talk whatsoever about problems with immigrants, such things are not told.
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Last Online
    Monday, November 2nd, 2009 @ 07:27 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England Norway Germany
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Queensland Queensland
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Orthodox Anglican
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

multiple benefits

As far as I can see it, to support several wives and a number of children by each wife would take a lot of money (the husband would have to be very wealthy). The way some muslim men get around this is by having one wife and children from this wife (living with them) then they dupe some second or more women (perhaps women with no education who are badly off and vulnerable/stupid) into accepting "second defacto wife" status (not really a legal status at all except the man acknowledges his being the father on the birth certificate). Now if the second wife is living in an apartment on her own with the child/children and being visited by the muslim married man, she will get full single parent benefits plus extras (rent assistance etc) for 10 years from the time of birth of the youngest child. If a man does this with 4 women, the most the government will do is expect him to pay maintenance to each woman. Of course if he is on a low income he cannot. So the muslims exploit our system which was supposed to support women who broke up with a partner or who got involved with a "dead beat dad" (someone who turns out to be a jerk and leaves the woman to raise the child/children). For those women who are uneducated and lonely, all of a sudden they have government benefits, a child who loves them, and a man to visit them often who claims they are his wife no 2, 3 or 4 and maybe they even convert to his faith. It's all a big con and Governments will, in the end have to stop helping sole parents as much. Those who really need help to get on their feet will be losers because of those who deliberately exploit the system.