State
    Texas Texas
    Far Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Genfluss View Post
    There has been a presence of Roman coins in Ireland, surely a few came over & brought Neolithic haplotypes & phenotypes, but not enough to change the overall ethno-racial demographics of mainly the Celtic R1b predominant presence. The Neolithic haplotypes J2, E3b & G in England/Britain have been hypothesized to have come from Roman soldiers, why not next stop Ireland?
    "Why not" is too easy to suppose. It still provides no evidence to support this theory, which you back up with coins?
    Roman coins have been found in unusual places. Considering how vast an empire it was it is not surprising that hoards of them have been found in far off places and very likely put there by individuals who were not just Romans.

"At Newgrange in Ireland, rich hoards of Roman coins and jewellery as well as some tools and a few disc-brooches were found"
    This hoard could have been discovered by a Viking somewhere else and who chose to bury his treasure in Ireland. Do I have proof of this? Of course not. But what proof do you personally have to that this hoard was put there by Romans?

"J2 - This haplogroup originated during the Neolithic in Central Asia, and spread across the Mediterranean and the Middle East. It may have been brought to Britain by prehistoric farmers, Greek or Phoenician traders and Sephardic Jews among the Normans and the Flemish - as well as by Roman troops and settlers."

"E3b - This haplogroup arose in the Near East, and spread across North Africa, Western*Asia and the Mediterranean during the Neolithic. Its presence in Britain may be a vestige of Roman settlement."

"G - This haplogroup originated in Central Asia, and spread into the Middle East and Southeastern Europe. One subclade, G2, appears occasionally among Scandinavians. This haplogroup and its subclades could have brought to Britain by Roman troops and settlers, and possibly by Norwegian Vikings. Since G is the most common haplogroup among the Indo-Iranian Ossetians of the Caucasus, it would likely have been common among the Sarmatians who patroled Hadrian's Wall and the Alanic knights from Brittany who invaded England with the Normans."
    "May". "Possibly". "Could have". Not a single one of the above seems to be 100% certain of just who was the possible influence.
    They just seem likely.

Last Online
    Friday, October 27th, 2017 @ 05:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Continental Europe
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Single
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    "Why not" is too easy to suppose. It still provides no evidence to support this theory, which you back up with coins?
    Roman coins have been found in unusual places. Considering how vast an empire it was it is not surprising that hoards of them have been found in far off places and very likely put there by individuals who were not just Romans.
    Yes, you have a point there apparently were Arab jewels left along the shores of Estonia, but I highly doubt that any captured Estonians & bred with them. That is beyond highly unlikely & insane to assume.

This hoard could have been discovered by a Viking somewhere else and who chose to bury his treasure in Ireland. Do I have proof of this? Of course not. But what proof do you personally have to that this hoard was put there by Romans?
    That sounds reasonable to assume, yes I agree.

"May". "Possibly". "Could have". Not a single one of the above seems to be 100% certain of just who was the possible influence.
    They just seem likely.
    I agree we don't know for certain but then again, we don't even know if humans descend from Africa, that's a theory. It is not ingrained 100% solid concrete evidence, but judging through migratory patterns & populations throughtout history I think it's safe to assume that very few aka. not many maybe 200-500? Romans came to Britain & spread their genes to some of the lineages present today.

Last Online
    Tuesday, December 8th, 2009 @ 03:28 AM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Huginn ok Muninn View Post
    Megan Fox is, I believe, 1/4 Injun.. and it shows. I suppose you can also see some level of Atlantid or keltic nordid influence there as well. Her face has that general shape in some pictures, but she usually has her hair in the way, so it's difficult to tell for sure.

Here's a pic with her hair pulled back:

I did not know she is part Amerind.

That explains the somewhat "exotic" look of her.

Last Online
    Friday, July 23rd, 2010 @ 06:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    Single, not looking
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought she looked russian, but then I can see the indian part in her last photo.

Then again, aren't all European Americans so mixed that you really can't spot their main ethnicity?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, August 15th, 2019 @ 03:11 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Subrace
    Faelid + Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-M405
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1
    Country
    State
    California California
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Property management
    Politics
    Germanic Preservation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebulus View Post
    Then again, aren't all European Americans so mixed that you really can't spot their main ethnicity?
    Nope, thats pure BS

Will you say that about europeans and australians to see who you can offend more?

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebulus View Post
    I thought she looked russian, but then I can see the indian part in her last photo.

I have zero Injun blood, and I really hate when people try to tell you up front that they are part indian. It's as though it's a conditioned response to shield them from being one of those evil White racists or something. And European Americans are not all mixed.. that is a tale told to the masses to make them think it's alright to breed with non-Whites.

Last Online
    Friday, July 23rd, 2010 @ 06:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    Single, not looking
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What I'm trying to say is that we are all unique. We all have our own subraces because we have mixed ethnicity. German, irish, british, welsh, etc. You can't say that hey, you look english when he actually has a mix of a lot of ethnicities.

Last Online
    Monday, January 30th, 2012 @ 12:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Great Britain
    Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huginn ok Muninn View Post
    Megan Fox is, I believe, 1/4 Injun.. and it shows. I suppose you can also see some level of Atlantid or keltic nordid influence there as well. Her face has that general shape in some pictures, but she usually has her hair in the way, so it's difficult to tell for sure.
    There is just something about her that I just dont like. I believe you are right about the 1/4 Injun part, she looks it.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 06:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    She's had some work done. She used to have freckles sprinkled across her nose and under the eyes that made her appear a bit more celtic to me---her nose had a slight bump. Now her lips look fake.

I agree about people claiming Native ancestery---they always say Cherokee. If they indeed had injun blood in the South, it should be Choctaw or chickasaw.

I googled Meg Fox plastic surgery and this came up.
    http://www.lipstickalley.com/f15/meg...urgery-186078/

Last Online
    Thursday, November 4th, 2010 @ 01:54 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    All Irish
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    State
    British Columbia British Columbia
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Child Care
    Politics
    Racially Aware Celtic Pagan
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    ?? I went to school with a girl from Ireland. She had black hair. Most irish I've ever seen have black hair. I even had a film on Ireland that just showed people in the street and their hair is black. The Notre Dame fighting Irish Mascot has black hair and I have heavy Irish background myself and lived in mainly German-Irish areas and know a lot have dark hair.

I saw a really nice pictures online a while back. It was a group of 5 Irish people sitting down. They all looked Irish but one had a slightly different complexion to his skin and dark hair and eyes. A good looking man, but you could see the variation there. Typically its harder to distinguish because its mixed in. Both the Brunn and the Med type of Ireland are fairly dark complected. The only light influence mainly come from the Vikings.

Look at that blond map of Europe that is always being posted. Wales and Ireland are darker than the rest of northern Europe.

Most average Irish I've seen are short, stocky, very physically strong, but not too graceful or fast at running, have almost a primitive look to them or look like a dwarf or hobbit out of Lord of the Rings. Most of them have wavy thick black hair and blue eyes, a few with brown almost med looking eyes (like above example- I have as well to a degree). Then occasionally from there you would have a red head or even more rare a blond though the blonds usually look whitish in their hair (not golden) or strawberry reddish blond.
    Interestingly I've known two black haired irish parents to have a red headed child. Its not a seperate breed, its just an occurance within the breed. A few extremes of this type look almost med or something. They can get really dark. A lot of them have a lazy eye and such. Tend to be hairy. etc.

The other Irish type you see looks similar to Conan O'brien. They mostly are influenced by Viking blood. They are taller, skinnier, a lot weaker looking, not as hairy but have a more noble appearance about them. They usually have red to blond hair, though sometimes brown. Angular faces with sharp features typical of a Nordic and so on. Very typically Nordic exept for some reason gravitate more towards red hair and even seem a bit taller and lankier than normal or maybe even more sharp features- almost hyper nordic features.

Ironically in the old days the Brun/med look was associated with nobility in British society. That's why people wore the big whigs. Big thick puffy dark hair (or grey in many cases).
    I find all your information to be inaccurate and i would think since i was born and raised in the country you are talking about that i'd be aware of this so called black Irish, we look like hobbits and are short and stocky? Have you ever been to Ireland because that made me scratch my head lol

Wales and Ireland are darker then other countries in Europe? that also makes no sense, born and raised in one of the mentioned countries and i've been to Wales many times and seen no mass amount of people fitting that description...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    The "black Irish" tale is nothing more than a myth.
    I could not agree more, i never heard of it till i moved to NY and lived in an Irish neighbourhood, when i heard it i was baffled lol

We have a lot of Italian and Sicilian people in Ireland "especially Dublin" you won't got to many Fish & Chips shops that are not owned by them, and i would have to say that they VERY rarely mix with the natives... And in my first post i said in all my life in Ireland i met 1 yes 1 Irish person with natural black hair and my aunt who is a hair dresser for a popular salon said she has rarely seen a natural black haired Irish person...

Some people have some pretty far fetched idea's about places they read about or google a picture on, i seen a picture of a black guy wearing an "Irish & Proud" tshirt on St Pats and i wasn't convinced of his claim

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast