English
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Police to Hack into Our Computers Without Warrant

THE Home Office has quietly adopted a new plan to allow police across Britain routinely to hack into people’s personal computers without a warrant.

The move, which follows a decision by the European Union’s council of ministers in Brussels, has angered civil liberties groups and opposition MPs. They described it as a sinister extension of the surveillance state which drives “a coach and horses” through privacy laws.

The hacking is known as “remote searching”. It allows police or MI5 officers who may be hundreds of miles away to examine covertly the hard drive of someone’s PC at his home, office or hotel room. Material gathered in this way includes the content of all e-mails, web-browsing habits and instant messaging.

Richard Clayton, a researcher at Cambridge University’s computer laboratory, said that remote searches had been possible since 1994, although they were very rare. An amendment to the Computer Misuse Act 1990 made hacking legal if it was authorised and carried out by the state.

He said the authorities could break into a suspect’s home or office and insert a “key-logging” device into an individual’s computer. This would collect and, if necessary, transmit details of all the suspect’s keystrokes. “It’s just like putting a secret camera in someone’s living room,” he said.

Police might also send an e-mail to a suspect’s computer. The message would include an attachment that contained a virus or “malware”. If the attachment was opened, the remote search facility would be covertly activated. Alternatively, police could park outside a suspect’s home and hack into his or her hard drive using the wireless network.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5439604.ece
    This is because every version of Microsoft Windows since Windows 95 has had a backdoor built in that the government can use to scour your hard drive.

Some privacy tips:

1) Never use phones, the post or computers to communicate anything in privacy.

2) You can use Trucrypt to create a strongly encypted part of your hard drive to store your private files. The Keyfile option on there can help beat the state keyloggers.

3) Use GPG to send encrypted emails.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 10:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    I have no problems communicating anything personal. I don't feel the need to encrypt anything. I am not ashamed for my views, and will admit to them in public if tested, if need be.

If I was afraid of the government to hack into my computer, to persecute and potentially prosecute me for what I say or what I write - so be it. They can take my worldly possessions and freedom, if they wish to: But there's one thing they're not going to take, and that's my self-decided freedom to utter things how I want it and when I want it.

That's what the government wants: That you're afraid of them, that you encrypt everything, that you play "secret agent without cause and without name", keep everything in quiet and secret. Naaah --- totally not my style. If they want my head, they'll get it no matter how many firewalls, encrypting programs and pseudonyms I use - so I don't see why I should make life for myself any more difficult whilst I can still enjoy it.

If they try me and ask for my head in a court of law - then I want to at least turn sour, old and sad in a prison cell whilst knowing that when in freedom, I did not compromise in regard to their oppression and lived my life as I always would, and said the things I'd always say.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Monday, June 20th, 2011 @ 07:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Subrace
    Don't know
    State
    Alaska Alaska
    Family
    Married with Children
    Occupation
    disaster mitigation
    Politics
    I want my country back now
    Religion
    HFR Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I agree, Sigurd. I am not ashamed of my views and I believe in Free Speech.
    The UK seems very keen to spy on it's subjects. I think I read that they are the most "watched" country in the world. I wonder if safety has resulted from all the cameras or not. When ever issues like this arise in the United States, I always contact my elected officials to let them know that I am displeased with. I try to imagine anything I post or say being read back in a court of law. Naturally, if someone is trying to frame you, they will twist and color the things that we say.. I may not always answer as eloquently as I would like, I still feel like I can sleep easy with my words.

A.K.A. Autobahn
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Thursday, April 12th, 2012 @ 10:59 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Gaul, England, Austria, Canada
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single adult
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    THE Home Office has quietly adopted a new plan to allow police across Britain routinely to hack into people’s personal computers without a warrant.

The move, which follows a decision by the European Union’s council of ministers in Brussels, has angered civil liberties groups and opposition MPs. They described it as a sinister extension of the surveillance state which drives “a coach and horses” through privacy laws.
    This is pretty scary! It sounds very Marxist, like something out of 1984!

Nineteen Eighty-Four (also 1984) is a dystopian novel, by George Orwell, published in 1949 about the totalitarian régime of the Party, an oligarchical collectivist society where life in the Oceanian province of Airstrip One is a world of perpetual war, pervasive government surveillance, public mind control, and the voiding of citizens’ rights. In the Ministry of Truth (Minitrue), protagonist Winston Smith is a civil servant responsible for perpetuating the Party’s propaganda by revising historical records to render the Party omniscient and always correct, yet his meagre existence disillusions him into rebellion against Big Brother, which leads to his arrest, torture, and conversion.
    Retrieved From:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four