View Poll Results: Do you think humans can really see into the future?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 49.30%
  • No

17 23.94%
  • Maybe/I'm unsure

12 16.90%
  • Other view

7 9.86%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Premonition / Clairvoyance / Future Prediction / Visions

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2012 @ 10:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Premonition / Clairvoyance / Future Prediction / Visions

I must be really anally retentive, because from the 14th May 1984 till the 25th August 1990, I kept a diary, insisting on writing an entry every single day, even if absolutely nothing happened. (That's 14 to 20 years old, by the way).

This resulted in me including scores of dreams I had, just for something to write, sometimes.

And it was one of these dreams that has convinced me that premonitions do occur...

I was 20 years old at the time, living on a University campus in Nottingham, in a block of thirty students, on the second floor. (see photo)

It was a silly dream: I was asleep in my bed at night, and was woken up by a noise at the window. I got out of bed and opened the curtains...
    And there was my friend, Dave, grinning at me!
    This was impossible as I lived too high up!

But it was so vivid, I merited it a mention in my top secret diary.
    And I forgot about it.

Several weeks later, I was asleep in my bed at night, and was woken up by a noise at the window. I got out of bed and opened the curtains...
    And there was my friend, Dave, grinning at me!

Him and some friends had been going around their sleeping friends' rooms, stacking up 2 "wheelie bins" on top of each other, climbing up them and waking us all up!

He never did this, before or since that night. And I KNOW I didn't tell him about my dream. I never discussed things like that with anyone. I certainly wouldn't tell a male friend that I'd been dreaming about him!

But the strangest thing was Dave's facial expression: it was EXACTLY the same as the dream. A kind of cheeky, mischievous, aren't I clever type of grin!
    It's hard to put into words, but I am 100% convinced in the existance of premonitions.

Last Online
    Saturday, March 7th, 2020 @ 03:57 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Self-Employed
    Religion
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Haha. That's kind of creepy!

Last Online
    Friday, February 8th, 2019 @ 10:19 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt
    Ancestry
    West Country Zider 'ead.
    Subrace
    Brünn/Keltic-Nordic
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Slinger
    Politics
    Uncer Dæg Willa Becuman
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Your Clearest Vision

I have noticed a few members on Skadi Forum have stated an awareness of spirituality beyond what is conceived the social norm.

My question to those I know, and those who want to express them, is:

What is your most clearest vision which struck a stain on your memory?

My clearest vision was when I met my partner in Guernsey.
    We had been going out for a month. We a were engaged and very much in love.
    I knew from the off that she was the woman who would bear my children.

I digress, the night of my dream was a night after a few too many down the Monkey. I dreamt that I was taking a photo of Kelly and two children.

The children were about 4 years old and one years old. The eldest being a girl and the youngest being a boy.

As it turns out we had a girl and a boy.

One is 4 and the other is 1.
    And they look the spitting of what I saw 5 years previous to the girls birth.

I swear by what has been shown to me at times. Does anyone have any experiences that defy conventional norms and explanations?

If so, did you act upon them if they were important?
    "The only way to get smarter is to play a smarter opponent."

Last Online
    Friday, April 20th, 2012 @ 09:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish/English
    Ancestry
    Scotland and England
    Subrace
    Nordid/Bruenn
    Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Family
    DeFacto Relationship
    Occupation
    IT Analyst
    Politics
    Ride the Tiger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Interesting thread.

I've had occurances like this before, there have been dreams I had that have happened exactly as I dreamt the next day. It's interesting to watch something when you have a feeling you know what is about to happen.

My most recent "vision" of such is a metaphysical aura which runs through everything, working as an axis on which everything is influenced and balanced.
    "For the authentic revolutionary conservative, what really counts is to be faithful not to past forms and institutions, but rather to principles of which such forms and institutions have been particular expressions, adequate for a specific period of time and in a specific geographical area." Julius Evola - Men Among the Ruins

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt
    Ancestry
    West Country Zider 'ead.
    Subrace
    Brünn/Keltic-Nordic
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Slinger
    Politics
    Uncer Dæg Willa Becuman
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The most obscure vision I had was when I was 5. I was lying in bed and I saw my family on one side of the road.
    At the age of five I had my Mother and Father and two Sisters.

In my vision I saw them plus two more younger girls.*

In my vision the road that separated me from my loved ones was full of traffic and dangerous to cross.
    They were calling me and I wanted to come to them, but my fear held me back.

I have always thought it was an insignificant dream that I had.

(*)Until my parents had my two youngest Sisters and in time my alienation from the family fold.

The chasm between me and my family is deep and un-crossable.

Last Online
    Friday, May 8th, 2009 @ 02:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Subrace
    Heinz variety
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    New South Wales New South Wales
    Family
    It's nobody's business!
    Occupation
    Cleaner/Home duties
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I've had a sense of knowing where I am before going there, like a piece of scenery I might see in my mind's eye before approaching it - Deja Vu. I remember when I was 15 and living with my mum at the time in Adelaide, I met a neighbour when he came home drunk from the local. I yelled out the window for him to be quiet, but eventually we talked - long into the night. I was up on the 2nd floor flat and he on the ground.

The following day, I knew that I was going to bump into him. Sure enough, I did, and we dated for a while before I went back home to Sydney.

I also remember a time when I left my body and checked on everybody in the house (my kids were very little) while I had an afternoon nap.

My other visions have mainly come about through meditating, and they were more about finding a way out of an immediate problem, an astral initiation or just feeling rejuvenated.

I have an example of this on this page:
    http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=3724
    Dick Dastardly: "MUTTLEY, DO SOMETHING!!!!"
    Muttley: "Hehehehehehehehehe"

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." - Albus Dumbledore, from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt
    Ancestry
    West Country Zider 'ead.
    Subrace
    Brünn/Keltic-Nordic
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Slinger
    Politics
    Uncer Dæg Willa Becuman
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I was told the other day that in dreams a death=a life, or a birth.

I had, for a long time, dreams about me dying when I was 27. They were very vivid dreams, but the message within them always very clear.

As it turned out, I'm still here! But the arrival of my little boy was shortly after my 27th birthday.

I wonder?

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Premonition / Future Prediction

I've recently seen a documentary about it. Do you think humans can really see into the future? Some say they can, and they predict what will happen. The most famous case was Nostradamus. But there are also mediums and fortune tellers, tarot card readers and many others who take people's money to tell them the future. What is your view? Is it really possible for a human to do it? Scientists say it can't be, and peoples like Nostradamus just made vague assertions which peoples interpreted only after the disasters.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 05:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I've seen the future. For instance when I was younger I would have flashes of things like seconds before they happened maybe a minute or so sometimes. Like I could say "the phone is going to ring" and a few seconds later it would. I could say "so and so is going to walk through the door" a few seconds later it happened. Because I actually saw it in my head. But I also experimented i did things differently than I saw in my head and the future became different so there is no way to tell the future with 100% certaintity. I think quantum physics sort of overlaps this occult stuff in that way.

You know what people would always try to explain it away. "oh that was just a lucky guess. Oh you knew that was going to happen." or they would even rewrite history "no you said that after it happened, I'm sure you did, didn't you?". For some reason it scares people and people will do anything to pretend it isn't real. It really isn't a great "gift" or anything well I guess depends on your circumstance in life.

Tarrot cards and all that I think people can use tools and train themselves to have better intuition than they already have. Intuition like seeing the future and all that I think is related to the brain and nervious system somehow. Usually people with high I.Q.s have the ability, mentally challenged people pretty much don't and normal people in between. But its not 100% correlated with I.Q. I think some of it is genetic some of it is environment, some of it how well exercised it is etc. maybe spirits are involved to help awaken the ability in some cases. Women usually are better at it than men and usually people who are not sensitive people and perhaps too analytical will lack the ability. People's beliefs have an effect if you don't believe such thinsg are real it can retard your ability and growth in the area.

As far as finding out what the lottery numbers are going to be well I never had control over what I saw. I guess you can try. I think that more people win the lottery than would be expected statistically and thus the people who do the lottery usually rig it and cheat (after they have all the bets in they hand pick the numbers then pretend its drawn at random) the reason why more people win than chance dictates is intuition. Scientific studies have verified this is real as well. If you just draw random cards and have someone predict if they will be red or black people will predict it consistently at like 60% accuracy or something when it should be 50% they even used computers to randomly generate the stuff. I've done the test myself. If I really concentrate I can get around 55%-%75 accuracy every time. But its exausting I can't keep doing it in a row. If I don't concentrate I tend to get 50% right, seems like sometimes less. This isn't just for psychics like average people can do this. You wont get exactly 50% by chance it will hover around a range and you just have to average out lots of times.

That being said I think most commercial psychics are fakes. Most of this nostradomus stuff is fake. Though I think a real psychic will get a lot of stuff wrong, but will simply get more things right than chance would dictate. The reason is as I said the future changes. There are possibilities like different realities, its hard to explain. but basically the occult philosophy of the web of wyrd explains this phenomenon.

Astrology is a whole other field. Certain areas of space or objects in them let off a psychic energy- like light. Consider it like light. There are different colors of light which effect the mood and thoughts of people differently. Red light can be aggressive or sexual, maybe sleepy. Blue is friendly, awake, emotional, yellow analytical. Again this is proven. It has been studied and proven that colors effect a persons mood and mindset. Well lets say different regions of space and different planets emanate different colors of light. As the earth goes around in space we come under the influence of different colors as a globe. This effects humanity and world events. Now this light is more or less not visisble or noticable to most people. But we can study this field and predict "red light (mars) is influencing this period of time- it might be a time of war" etc. Astrology is very scientific and analytical in that way. Its a true field of study older than modern science although most people today don't understand it or believe in it. But I don't know how you can predict anything acurately with astrology. You can't say well "hilter will rise to power in 19--" etc. That's absurd. So how did nostradomus predict things via astrology or his own psychic powers? I'm confused. It all sounds fake to me. He wrote obscure passages that can be interpreted as anything.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Tuesday, November 10th, 2009 @ 01:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm sure if things are predetermined by God there are people who predict future events. It may be that their brains are just wired in the right way for this ability, it could be they've practiced various forms of meditation and visualization to gain the skill, or they may be 'tuned in' to energy other people cannot perceive.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast