View Poll Results: Do you think humans can really see into the future?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 49.30%
  • No

17 23.94%
  • Maybe/I'm unsure

12 16.90%
  • Other view

7 9.86%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is It Possible for Humans to Predict the Future?

Last Online
    Monday, December 26th, 2011 @ 11:56 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German-Acadian
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid
    State
    Louisiana Louisiana
    Germanic Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Women in my girlfriend's family have this ability. For example, any time someone gets pregnant, before they even find out, all of the others dream it. Same with car accidents, etc. so they've gotten really superstitious.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Yes very true. You can't conjure the "visions" on demand. I saw flashes 3 seconds or so into the future when I was kid and I wasn't into the occult.

I had the dream experience too. I would dream something before it happened. Yet then i dreamed things that I felt were going to happen and they didn't. Although a lot of times I simply dream about what I was thinking of or what happened during the day a lot of times I get the feeling my dreams are real. I visit the same places over and over in my dreams- places I've never been to in real life. Though they have illogical dream like qualities at times. I talk to the same people who I've never met before and so on. I have waken up tired, sore, bruised and other things as if I had been somewhere. I did an experiment- I had a conversation with someone in the dream. He looked like my cousin but it wasn't my cousin. A demon, a spirit I dont know. I asked him if I was dreaming he said yes. I looked in the mirror and I didn't see my reflection I asked him what that meant he said it means you will see a witch the next day. And he answered a lot of questions rightly. I was like that will be my proof. If he is right about that then it proves he is real. A lot of questions he wouldn't answer though. I can't remember the conversation totally it was years ago. Well the next day I never noticed any witch. I thought maybe it's all in my head. These dreams aren't real. Years later I was looking it up and according to folklore or witchcraft- if you dream that you don't see your own reflection it means you are a witch! I thought about it. I did see myself that day. And perhaps I am some natural born witch or something because I have these strange experiences, see the future etc. Okay here's the thing- how can a dream give me information I don't know? That was the test. If this is all a figment of my imagination how can I learn new things from dreams? There is something outside of us that we interact with when we dream.

Let's say I'm not a witch or whatever that isn't the issue. I never heard that folklore before. How would a dream know such things? If a dream explained Einstein's theory of relativity and I never read about or heard about the theory in such detail before then I would say- damn dreams aren't products of our imagination but there is something real going on!! We use more brain activity when dreaming than when awake which is odd.

From what I can tell your dreams are interpretations of outside things. If I talk to you while you are asleep you might dream about that conversation. But studies have shown that if you think about roses and send that image to someone while they were asleep they will often wake up and say they dreamt about roses. This has been scientifically studied. I can only guess that while asleep spirits and such are able to better communicate with us. The dreams aren't real but they are something our mind interprets from some real sense that we are getting outside of ourselves. If that makes any sense. I also have had ghost experiences. Spirits around me since a child. none of it seems to make logical sense but then again I've experienced it. It's hard for me to believe in this stuff even though I've had it happen to me! usually psychic ability goes with high I.Q. though. Not always but usually.

Where are links to these scientific studies?

Last Online
    8 Hours Ago @ 03:04 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siebenbürgerin View Post
    I've recently seen a documentary about it. Do you think humans can really see into the future?
    Yes.

I'm skeptic of divination though, of using a mirror, scrying, automatic writing, tarot cards, etc., etc., to accomplish it - and not because these things don't work. But there's no way of knowing who or what you're communicating with, just like when you use an ouija board to conjure up a spirit. A demonic entity can tell some half truths, but in the end his purpose will be to deceive. That's why the bible says you shouldn't practice divination.

Yet I do believe one can has a God ordained vision. In fact, the bible is full of them, and the Catholic church has a rich history of prophecies, the Fatima apparitions come to mind. Whenever the Lady in white appears, it's likely she'll reveal something about the future.

The story of Saint malachy is also a very curious, as he produced a list of characteristics of all the future popes and their reign, in the 12th century. There's something to say for each and every prediction. Saint Malachy says that after the current pope there will be two more popes, and then Rome will be destroyed. These things will come to pass in our age.

My favorite seeress is Julie Lahenny, a holy person, unlike Nostradamus and co. Among other things, she predicted the new liturgy, and said it would be null and void in God's eyes.

Marie-Julie Jahenny, the mystic and Stigmatist of La Fraudais and perhaps the greatest mystic in the history of the Church, was born on the 12th of February, 1850, in a little village in Brittany (in the West of France), called Blain. The eldest of five children, she was brought up by her simple, good parents in that lively faith for which Bretons are renowned. Our Lord favored her with many graces from the time of her First Holy Communion, graces to which she corresponded with ever increasing devotion. She joined the Franciscan Third Order when in her early twenties, to help to sanctify herself in the world.

In 1873, she received from Heaven that most remarkable mystic gift, the Stigmata. From the age of twenty-three until her death, some sixty years later, she bore in her body the Wounds of Our Lord to a more visible degree than had any other stigmatist in the Church's history. In addition to the Five Wounds of the Sacred Hands, Feet and Side, Marie-Julie suffered the Wounds inflicted by the Crown of Thorns and the Cross on Our Lord's Sacred Head and Shoulder respectively, the Wounds of His Scourging, those caused by the ropes with which He was bound, as well as other Wounds of a more mystical nature.

Henceforth, Marie-Julie lived her life of coredemptive suffering (as a victim soul) in a little cottage in the hamlet of La Fraudais, near Blain. She thus fulfilled Our Blessed Lord's desire for her to make reparation for the sins of France and the world. She was favored with frequent visions of Jesus and Mary, as well as many prophetic lights.

The truth of the Heavenly warnings of which she was to be the humble messenger was vindicated by her characteristic simplicity and honesty, her exemplary obedience to her spiritual directors and her Bishop, and of course, by the fulfillment of all she prophesied during her long life. With unfailing accuracy she foretold the two World Wars, the election of Pope Saint Pius X, the various persecutions of the Church, the chastisements and the fate of apostate France. Much remains to unfold. Her warnings for the Last Times should be read by all "who have ears."

She had the marvelous gift recognizing Eucharistic bread from ordinary bread, objects that were blessed and those that were not ; relics and to say where they came from, and finally to understand in several language hymns and liturgical prayers. During a five year period from December 28, 1875 she survived only on Holy Communion. As Dr. Imbert-Gourbeyre recorded, during this whole period, there were no liquid or solid excretions. She was completely insensitive to pain or intense light during her ecstasies. Some of these ecstasies were accompanied by levitation; at that moment she was ecstatically light.

Marie-Julie was the wonder of the many scientists who examined her continually, the scorn of unbelievers and the proud, the admiration of her lifelong friend, Monsignor Fourier, Bishop of Nantes, and of the devoted circle of those who made the diffusion of her messages to an ungrateful and unheeding world their life's work. She went to her Heavenly reward on March 4, 1941.

Blind, deaf, dumb and crippled, she had subsisted miraculously on the Blessed Sacrament alone, for the last many years of her life. Surely then, we will not pass over lightly what God has confided to her for the benefit of our own sad days.

"In their [priests] aberration, they will break their oaths. The Book of Life contains a list of names that ‘rends the heart.’
    "Because of the little respect it has for the apostles of God, the flock grows careless and ceases to observe the laws. The priest himself is responsible for the lack of respect because he does not respect enough his holy ministry, and the place which he occupies in his sacred functions. The flock follows in the footsteps of its pastors; this is a great tragedy.
    The clergy will be severely punished on account of their inconceivable fickleness and great cowardice which is incompatible with their functions.

A terrible chastisement has been provided for those who ascend every morning the steps of the Holy Sacrifice. I have not come on your altars to be tortured. I suffer a hundredfold more from such hearts than any of the others. I absolve you from your great sins, My children, but I cannot grant any pardon to these priests."

She [Marie-Julie Jahenny] says that "those who govern the Flock", will be responsible for the coming crisis. Apparently, Communism would not have triumphed if the Church had remained faithful. She mentions the growing freedom enjoyed by priests and bishops and how badly they will use it.

She mentions a pope who, at the last moment, will reverse his policies and make a solemn appeal to the Clergy. But he will not be obeyed; on the contrary, an Assembly of bishops will demand even greater freedom, declaring that they will no longer obey the Pope.

Marie-Julie then goes on to say that the Red Revolution will then break out. She speaks of a "horrible religion" which is to replace the Catholic Faith, and she sees "many, many bishops" embracing this "sacrilegious, infamous religion."

On May 10, 1904, Our Lady describes the new clergy and its liturgy:
    "They will not stop on this hateful and sacrilegious road. They will go further to compromise all at once, and in one blow, the Holy Church, the clergy, and the Faith of my children."
    She announces the "dispersion of the pastors" by the Church herself; true pastors, who will be replaced by others formed by Hell: "...new preachers of new sacraments, new temples, new baptisms, new confraternities."

Source
    Quote Originally Posted by SB
    The most famous case was Nostradamus.
    Yes, but Nostradmus based all of his writing on the work of others, mainly on an old book that was given to him in the mysterious abbey of Orval, an abbey with connections to the templars, in Wallonia.
    “Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no-one is too poor to buy.” - C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Saturday, October 29th, 2011 @ 06:58 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    boer
    Ancestry
    germany/holland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Cape Province Cape Province
    Single adult
    Occupation
    driver
    Politics
    pro-White
    Religion
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It happened twice with me when I had a Bush Pub.I had a flash of a client who had a motorbike and 10-16min afterwards he arrived at my pub.We had a Boer prophet here in South Africa that predicted most of the bad things that will happened here and elsewhere and most of it happened or are busy happening now.His name was Siener van Rensburg.He died in 1926.I made a short sum up of his book but still have to get it into my computer,once that's done I try to put it here.Things that's happening by your gays now he had predicted nearly a 100 years ago.You in for a bad time that's already started and will eventually ends up with a major War with Russia.

Thinking about something else,maybe if you can do Remote viewing,you might be able to look into the future.I saw some tapes on it but wasn't that much impress with the videos itself.Trying to get DVDs on it.I'm working with a Pendulum now and although I get a yes/no/maybe answer I'm not totally convince about it.

Last Online
    Thursday, October 3rd, 2019 @ 03:21 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Austria
    Subrace
    Nordic-Alpine mix I believe
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Student
    Politics
    Radical Traditionalist
    Religion
    Transcendental Naturalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't know, but I've certainly been told I may be psychic by some people, haha

I take the stance on this I do with almost all spiritual issues: I don't know, but I do think that it's highly possible

Last Online
    Friday, June 22nd, 2012 @ 04:38 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England and Germany
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    California California
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Actor
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Remote Viewing

I believe a very small percentage of the population can "see" the future by means of "remote viewing". About the same percentage who have perfect pitch. The remote viewers can not only see the future but the past and the present and phenomena - movement and physical objects - at great distances.

Six months ago I would have said no. But after researching this question for an audition for the film "Area 51" I am now convinced it is true.

My source is Dr. Harold Putoff. He is well known within the scientific community. The simplest way to illuminate this question is to provide this link to his own speach on the subject:

http://www.arlingtoninstitute.org/ta...ld-hal-puthoff

Eala Freia Fresena
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, July 29th, 2019 @ 12:24 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    @ Siebenbuergerin:

what did she tell you?
    weel nich will dieken dej mot wieken

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 11:03 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    I've had my moments, some of which were quite accurate, but as a general rule, they don't tend to be particularly obvious, and many only become obvious as "foreseen" curiously only in hindsight. This is why it is so dangerous to make "predictions", because essentially in 97/100 cases it's 70% misinterpretation.

Much of it has to do with "shamanic ventures" or "meditational experiences" (both in quotation marks for lack of better terms), where I am sometimes able to envision a chain of events, usually more unclear than clear, but which tends to unfold one way or the other, with the meaning coming clear after an event has taken place. I'm reluctant to sit down on will, if it feels right to ponder about matters, it feels right.

This arguably has little to do with actual "psychic" ability, and I refuse to see it like that even. My approach to experiences that transcend the mundane is not one of "new-ageish" attempts to see into the future. It's rather an intuitive commitment, where one can observe certain trends around personal and other-personal development. Since on one hand the way that the threads of wyrd are woven can be influenced by people themselves, but on the other hand the threads themselves are somewhat predefined it's not something particularly hard. That's why "joke-predictions" sometimes come true, because one is bound to link a few threads together, at times.

As such, it's something that usual has to do with people around me, and something I do away with before something happens strangely. It's like having a daydream and seeing an "undefinable" vehicle crashing against a certain wall but not making sense, but then a friend calling you up and you asking: "Where did it happen?" before he tells you anything, because it suddenly makes sense.

The single non-personal or non-near-personal matter I've actually near-accurately predicted was something I said to my mother after about two minutes of late morning day-dreaming on my 13th birthday (October 4, 2001): I said that the US would launch an attack in approx. 72 hours (by our timescale it was 77-78 hours, but 71-72 by deducting time zone shift), that a mysterious plane crash - yet unlinkable - would happen before that (which it did, about two hours later - strangely never to be heard of again, BTW!), and that knowledge of Bin Laden after the operation was yet oblivious to me, perhaps generally oblivious.

So I admittedly have an edge towards transcending the mundane, but believe this mostly has to do with a "gift" to observe things and people, and to observe them from "close, but distant". I have a very vigilant eye which oft fails at the obvious but notices the detail, and this helps. I don't think it has much to do with mental abilities, or "psychic stuff" for that matter, that's just sensational BS. It's remarkably easy to be vigilant, if only you try.

Instead of "psychic medium-seer-stuff", everyone at the same stage/cycle of spiritual development would have the same ability to see things; most/all at a lower stage of spiritual development would have a lesser ability, and most/all at a higher stage of spiritual development would have a greater ability, such is natural. At one level it's mundanity (most alive), at another constant deja-vu (a large minority alive - possibly 1/3), at another level the regular faint and odd clear vision (a small, but considerable minority alive - possibly 1/150), and at yet another level it's perhaps the regular clear and odd clearly-defined vision (a tiny minority, a handful).

As one cycle of ages nears its end, higher levels of perception will also increase, along with lower levels of perception. This tells me that somehow we're not yet at the end of the cycle of ages, and we might not come to see it in our lifetime. Certainly it would likely come to pass soon enough though, and it could come earlier rather than later. Let's hope that this next turn towards a New Golden Age is not as fiery as predicted but that the fires are symbolical, flames of purging that will lead into a "purified" future for our folk.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Sunday, November 27th, 2011 @ 11:51 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Germany, Holland, France, England, Scotland, Ireland
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Worker
    Politics
    National Socialism
    Religion
    National Socialism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I used to not believe in ESP until this erie event happened.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHART...c7_videos.html

Apparently the BBC employs clairvoyants.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Nope. Humans aren't really very special at all. We like to think we are, though, hence the belief.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast