Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Post Re: Why beautiful people are more intelligent

1) Men who are more intelligent are more likely to attain higher-status than men who are less intelligent.

Is that today? What about the past when physical strength and cooperation might have meant as much? Do we really know what intelligence is? Creativity? Attraction? Beauty? Status? I am not sure we would all be talking about the same thing here.
    Strength still accounts for something there are still a lot of things that strain the body despite modern conviences so it isn't something that is much less important these days.

Co-operation would by syn. with social skills. There are plenty dimensions to what intelligence is...there is spacial...social...mathematical...verbal ...if you ask me creativity falls under intelligence.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 07:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Jews are always telling us quite the opposite. They have tried to equate the word "Jew" with the word "intellectual" for years and years. Jews are not pretty people, and they know it. In response, they tell us that people who wear glasses "look smarter". They tell us, through their humor, that blonds are stupid and made up a whole genre of "blond jokes" a few years back. They told us Andre Sakarov and his girl friend were the smartest people on the planet for, first discovering the Soviet hydrogen bomb (which was a lie) and then being good Refuseniks and protesting over its employment (these people MUST be Jews). If pretty people are smarter, the fact is in active dispute.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Solar Wolff For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Friday, April 1st, 2005 @ 10:39 AM
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Posthuman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Gareth brings up a very good point of pragmatic intelligence (easily seen in successful businessmen, etc.) vs theoretical intelligence.

A memorable piece of "man on the street" wisdom I've heard is that "Any good looking adult with a personality must have been an ugly child." This goes along with the idea that beautiful people tend to be rather shallow.

I have known some beautiful people who have very high IQ's and also a great deal of social privelege and success. Yet they seem quite shallow to me in some ways. They seem to have much more of the pragmatic type of intelligence, yet lack what I'd call moral intelligence or knowledge/appreciation for life. They are more materialistic.

My gut reaction to such people is that life has been too easy for them. I think pain is a great teacher, it forces the mind to probe deep questions. Suffering gives meaning to pleasure that is otherwise just utilitarian fluff.

But I also wonder whether the "moral intelligence" is really just all hogwash, the failed mental meanderings of unsuccessful people, including ugly people. I have heard pragmatic type thinkers espouse this kind of view.

I'm not sure.
    "Whatever is done from love always occurs beyond good and evil." - F. Nietzsche

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 9th, 2004 @ 09:06 PM
    Subrace
    not-sure-ism
    Religion
    undecided
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

hah, yeah right. einstein and stephen hawkins are both sooooo hot! sizzling even. LOL

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Berchta For This Useful Post:

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 10:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I'd say Europeans even Europeans of the same subgroup have greatly varied nose sizes...It's very interesting what you mean by "Progressive" Agrippa. Somehow all humans recognize "Progressive" features as more human and therefore more attractive. But why have Europeans developed these "Progressive" features to the extent to which they have that they have...surpased other races in possessing them in abundance? And how is it all humans can agree on what is an attractive "progressive" face even though they themselves...could be the "Opposite"?
    The reason is that the main selection can be different trends like f.e.:
    .) sexual selection - further distinguished by male or female "first choice".
    .) by social circumstances
    .) enviroment like cold, hot, high-low UV etc.

If we look at EXTREME Mongolids, they are mainly an adaption to cold.

I brought the example that if the Mongolid men have the choice they might always prefer longer-legged women, but in such extreme conditions, people with such features just didnt survived on the long run.

So their selection for attractiveness, for fine features was weaker than the natural selection for cold adaptation.

The reason why Sinids are in general more beautiful is because they live in a more temperate climate zone.

Of course I PERSONALLY DO NOT SAY that they are as beautiful as Europeans, but the difference is not that big, expecially if compared to more primitive or extreme paedomorphic groups. (f.e. Palaenegrids, Australids etc.)

So more beautiful must always mean that (best thing is both) men and/or women are quite picky, THEY LOOK after beauty and beauty is an important factor for reproductive success.

The environmental influences must work for this or at least not against such a sexual selection.

Temperate climate seems to be the best for a balanced type with no EXTREME specialization.

For the intelligent people we should only take pictures of people in YOUNG AGE!
    It makes no sence to show a picture of Schopenhauer in his last years when he was already diseased f.e.

Furthermore there are two things: Statistic and individuals. Single exceptions do not speak against the rule.

And yes, I think too that for the final success other features of the personality than overall intelligence can be as or even more important.
    So if we speak psychologically, maybe from the more intelligent people, the most motivated one might be the less attractive ones, less healthy and less sporty ones.

Because that somebody has a very high potential has not to mean that he use it to the full extent.

I know very beautiful people which are very intelligent too, but they developed very superficial traits. They will have success, but they will never be an intellectual genius although I think they would have had (with another personality) the potential to be one.

If we speak about attractiveness we should keep in mind the average, so not being beautiful is no argument, the question is if someone is more attractive than the average of his age group.

I know people which worked on that subject and how they worked and what the results were, and yes, there can be no doubt, at least if its about "modern Western forms of intelligence", more attractive people are more intelligent also.

@Nord:

Yes, I posted under the name "Chris" at Dienekes.

If you look at Sinid people, they are for sure not more attractive than Europeans, but they arent that much uglier than Europeans as well.

And of course not everytime progressive = attractive, thats something I should add.

I personally dont like liberal Social darwinism or the extreme theories about "egoistic genes", even on the contrary, I believe in a form of group selection.

Of course in the end just individuals are selected, but group cohesion and success can determine how successful lines/lineages and individuals are.

I hate people which suppress this truth and argue with the "egoistic genes" and sociobiology for a liberal society and liberal social Darwinism.

For more answers I dont have the time atm but they will come...
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Last Online
    Thursday, January 14th, 2010 @ 12:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Occupation
    Webmaster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa
    sociobiology for a liberal society and liberal social Darwinism.
    You say a group of people, that is nearer to ideal beauty is also more intelligent due to coupled selection, ergo in both ways higher developed. The rest is a remnant of lacking selection, so considered the poor, underdogs, good looking and bad looking average persons and thereto, economical and/or cultural less developed subraces and races (those you confess their own mastergroups). What's not Darwinistic about that?

I agree with you that liberalism is despicable. But it's not always linked with Social Darwinism, there are "social" liberals too. They say everything is nurture, people will change if you tolerate them long enough, offhanded majority decisions are always reasonable, all ideologies are dead except their own (capitalism), etc.

They are pseudo-egalitarian, because despite all of this, they think people are naturally egoistic, only inclined to satisfy their needs and the main factor in live is the individuals acknowledgement (status, ... attractiveness, personality). Someone who didn't achieve their social status will be suspected to have a "spoiled socialization" when he was two years old or something like that which is a heavy insult to the mother/parents. I doubt this connotation is true. Einstein as a child had to hunger for some time, Kaspar Hauser became very intelligent after his release from impoundment etc. (though I don't know when exactly he was put away). People are different. It's the society's values that aren't ok, people will never adapt to it better and better with time, as the liberal ideology proclaims.
    In fact the liberals dogma is an all non-intellectual excuse for never having tried something progressive in their lives.

The middle and upper classes don't even have much children, what's a requirement, if they would really act sociobiologistic.
    Last edited by Gareth; Sunday, June 6th, 2004 at 03:55 AM.

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth
    You say a group of people, that is nearer to ideal beauty is also more intelligent due to coupled selection, ergo in both ways higher developed.
    Things are more complicated, but there is some truth in it.

The rest is a remnant of lacking selection, so considered the poor, underdogs, good looking and bad looking average persons and thereto, economical and/or cultural less developed subraces and races (those you confess their own mastergroups). What's not Darwinistic about that?
    I dont oppose Social Darwinism, I oppose individual and liberal Social Darwinism which is in my opinion both asocial and ineffective. In (post-)modern societies even contraselective.

I agree with you that liberalism is despicable. But it's not always linked with Social Darwinism, there are "social" liberals too.
    I know that. Those Linksliberale in German or left liberals are influenced by Neomarxism or religious and pseudoreligious (mainly Christian) views.

I strongly oppose and want to fight all sorts of Liberalism although left liberals are at least idealistic and human in a way, the Neoliberals with their liberal Social Darwinism are nothing but destructive egoists.

They say everything is nurture, people will change if you tolerate them long enough, offhanded majority decisions are always reasonable, all ideologies are dead except their own (capitalism), etc.
    The adopted (Neo-)Marxistic views, especially in the 60s with the egalitarian Milieutheorie etc.

They are pseudo-egalitarian, because despite all of this, they think people are naturally egoistic, only inclined to satisfy their needs and the main factor in live is the individuals acknowledgement (status, ... attractiveness, personality). Someone who didn't achieve their social status will be suspected to have a "spoiled socialization" when he was two years old or something like that which is a heavy insult to the mother/parents. I doubt this connotation is true. Einstein as a child had to hunger for some time, Kaspar Hauser became very intelligent after his release from impoundment etc. (though I don't know when exactly he was put away). People are different. It's the society's values that aren't ok, people will never adapt to it better and better with time, as the liberal ideology proclaims.
    I agree.

In fact the liberals dogma is an all non-intellectual excuse for never having tried something progressive in their lives.

The middle and upper classes don't even have much children, what's a requirement, if they would really act sociobiologistic.
    Thats why I said in modern societies Social Darwinistic views contradict the needs of the family and community and are therefor both inhuman and ineffective.
    Such a social construct is highly destructive and contraselective in many ways.

But of course you see why individual thinking, modern Neoliberalism is nothing else but a justification for the plutocrats and certain parts of the middle class to act asocial and egoistic, to destroy all standards and the the rest of collective spirit.
    You can argue that in a sociobiological way if you say there is "no group selection" and the "fittest always survive".

Because if then certain populations will die out its not problem, because there is "no group selection" and if some people die because of starvation they were "asocial".

The Neoliberals took from the past what they want, from both the Marxism, Left side the and the liberal, conservative side THE WORST!
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Last Online
    Saturday, April 28th, 2018 @ 06:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    Katarinensische
    Subrace
    Dinarid
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Why beautiful people are more intelligent

Why beautiful people are more intelligent

Satoshi Kanazawa, a, , and Jody L. Kovarb

a Interdisciplinary Institute of Management, London School of Economics and Political Science, Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE, UK
    b Department of Sociology, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, USA

Received 22 September 2003; Revised 20 March 2004; accepted 26 March 2004. Available online 1 June 2004.

Abstract
    Empirical studies demonstrate that individuals perceive physically attractive others to be more intelligent than physically unattractive others. While most researchers dismiss this perception as a "bias" or "stereotype," we contend that individuals have this perception because beautiful people indeed are more intelligent. The conclusion that beautiful people are more intelligent follows from four assumptions. (1) Men who are more intelligent are more likely to attain higher status than men who are less intelligent. (2) Higher-status men are more likely to mate with more beautiful women than lower-status men. (3) Intelligence is heritable. (4) Beauty is heritable. If all four assumptions are empirically true, then the conclusion that beautiful people are more intelligent is logically true, making it a proven theorem. We present empirical evidence for each of the four assumptions. While we concentrate on the relationship between beauty and intelligence in this paper, our evolutionary psychological explanation can account for a correlation between physical attractiveness and any other heritable trait that helps men attain higher status (such as aggression and social skills).

Author Keywords: Intelligence; Physical attractiveness; Stereotypes; Correlation

Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 01:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well this certainly helps explains why Im both good looking and intelligent

I dont know, from personal experience I see a 50/50 divide. Half the intelligent people I meet are fairly good looking while the other half could use some freshing up.

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic