Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Why beautiful people are more intelligent

  1. #1
    Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Agrippa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Location
    Asgard
    Gender
    Politics
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Posts
    6,969
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

    Post Why beautiful people are more intelligent

    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...0ed092a4a6fa31

    PDF:

    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...69fbf&ie=f.pdf

    Empirical studies demonstrate that individuals perceive physically attractive others to be more intelligent than physically unattractive others. While most researchers dismiss this perception as a "bias" or "stereotype," we contend that individuals have this perception because beautiful people indeed are more intelligent. The conclusion that beautiful people are more intelligent follows from four assumptions. (1) Men who are more intelligent are more likely to attain higher-status than men who are less intelligent. (2) Higher-status men are more likely to mate with more beautiful women than lower-status men. (3) Intelligence is heritable. (4) Beauty is heritable. If all four assumptions are empirically true, then the conclusion that beautiful people are more intelligent is logically true, making it a proven theorem. We present empirical evidence for each of the four assumptions. While we concentrate on the relationship between beauty and intelligence in this paper, our evolutionary psychological explanation can account for a correlation between physical attractiveness and any other heritable trait that helps men attain higher-status (such as aggression and social skills).
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

  2. #2
    Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Agrippa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Location
    Asgard
    Gender
    Politics
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Posts
    6,969
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

    Post Re: Why beautiful people are more intelligent

    I would add that genes and condition which constitute a healthy body are usually good for the intellectual development as well.

    The chance that physically defected people are not as intelligent than physically healthy people is just quite high.
    Furthermore beautiful people are usually one of the more healthy ones with certain exceptions.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

  3. #3
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Nordhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Gender
    Politics
    Nordicist
    Posts
    3,153
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post Re: Why beautiful people are more intelligent

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa
    Empirical studies demonstrate that individuals perceive physically attractive others to be more intelligent than physically unattractive others. While most researchers dismiss this perception as a "bias" or "stereotype," we contend that individuals have this perception because beautiful people indeed are more intelligent. The conclusion that beautiful people are more intelligent follows from four assumptions. (1) Men who are more intelligent are more likely to attain higher-status than men who are less intelligent. (2) Higher-status men are more likely to mate with more beautiful women than lower-status men. (3) Intelligence is heritable. (4) Beauty is heritable. If all four assumptions are empirically true, then the conclusion that beautiful people are more intelligent is logically true, making it a proven theorem. We present empirical evidence for each of the four assumptions. While we concentrate on the relationship between beauty and intelligence in this paper, our evolutionary psychological explanation can account for a correlation between physical attractiveness and any other heritable trait that helps men attain higher-status (such as aggression and social skills).
    I agree there is a correlation, also considering that a lot of the perception of beauty comes from symmetry, and biological/genetic health gives better symmetry and also a higher IQ. However, this is mostly applicable within racial groups. For instance, even though Mongoloids may have a higher average IQ than Caucasoids, I regard them as far uglier in comparison. Also the same with Jews, much higher average IQ (supposedly), but on the average much uglier because of their specific traits.

    As time goes on though, we see that nonNordish men marry Nordish women at very high rates for their beauty. Such is the case with Jews, who according to statistics, now outmarry at a 50% rate, and mostly with Nordish women from my observation (Sigrun posted about how it happened with her aunts). It's tragic.
    Last edited by Nordhammer; Thursday, June 3rd, 2004 at 09:54 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Ominous Lord Spoonblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Tuesday, September 26th, 2006 @ 12:55 AM
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Location
    Castle Fort Frightengaard
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Posts
    1,296
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Post Re: Why beautiful people are more intelligent

    Well, this certainly seems to be the case with moi.
    I envision a world where people dawning long white robes and elaborate headdresses run rampant down the streets, waving their arms in the air while screaming "we've gone mad, we've gone mad", like defrocked monks breaking the silence of ages past.

    Spoonblade: Sharper than a knife and twice as deadly.

  5. #5
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Nordhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Gender
    Politics
    Nordicist
    Posts
    3,153
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post Re: Why beautiful people are more intelligent

    Quote Originally Posted by Marla
    Well, this certainly seems to be the case with moi.
    Beauty and intelligence, for sure! Also because of better genetic health, which correlates with beauty and IQ, you will live longer. Although hitting the sauce too hard may influence that.
    Last edited by Nordhammer; Thursday, June 3rd, 2004 at 10:23 PM.

  6. #6
    Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Agrippa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Location
    Asgard
    Gender
    Politics
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Posts
    6,969
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

    Post Re: Why beautiful people are more intelligent

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordhammer
    I agree there is a correlation, also considering that a lot of the perception of beauty comes from symmetry, and biological/genetic health gives better symmetry and also a higher IQ. However, this is mostly applicable within racial groups. For instance, even though Mongoloids may have a higher average IQ than Caucasoids, I regard them as far uglier in comparison. Also the same with Jews, much higher average IQ (supposedly), but on the average much uglier because of their specific traits.

    As time goes on though, we see that nonNordish men marry Nordish women at very high rates for their beauty. Such is the case with Jews, who according to statistics, now outmarry at a 50% rate, and mostly with Nordish women from my observation (Sigrun posted about how it happened with her aunts). It's tragic.
    If you would think sociobiological and from the view of "egoistic genes" you could say they want to keep their high level of intelligence and get more beautiful.
    Although its much more probable that they are just horny and want to "look better", with an higher status with that beautiful women. Like a socially accepted and by all adored playboy.
    Like Kissinger who is a typical example of the "ugly Jew" of a degenerated Armenid form (not all Armenids are physically degenerated).


    I agree that it is something which is race related in that sence that you know better what is attractive and healthy in your own group, the people you are used to see.

    For me East Asians are not much more ugly than Europeans, of course they arent as attractive on average as well.
    And even Jews are not all unattractive although its interesting that sometimes the ugliest Jews are the "most intelligent" ones.
    Seem to be like this particular group INSIDE the Jewish folk breaks many rules, even in biology.
    Last edited by Agrippa; Thursday, June 3rd, 2004 at 10:40 PM.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

  7. #7
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Nordhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Gender
    Politics
    Nordicist
    Posts
    3,153
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post Re: Why beautiful people are more intelligent

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa
    If you would think sociobiological and from the view of "egoistic genes" you could say they want to keep their high level of intelligence and get more beautiful.
    True, most people are egotistic these days and only care about themselves, so what do they care if they ruin thousands or 10s of thousands of years of divergent evolution. As long as the female can be pampered, live in a nice house, and buy expensive jewelry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa
    I agree that it is something which is race related in that sence that you know better what is attractive and healthy in your own group, the people you are used to see.
    Yes, but also, even less intelligent Caucasoids are regarded as more beautiful than more intelligent nonCaucasoids, by nonCaucasoids.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa
    For me East Asians are not much more ugly than Europeans
    Is that your egoistic genes speaking?

    Actually I think a lot of the reason Asian women marry Nordish men so much is because they too want to pass on more beauty to their children. Asian women regard fair skin and fair features in men much more highly than Caucasoid or Negroid women it seems (many of them have stated this themselves). I personally have experienced this myself from Asian women, but never the same with white women. While most white women seem to regard blond, blue-eyed men as feminine and less attractive (even though ironically they want to be that themselves), Asian women see it as exotic and beautiful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa
    Seem to be like this particular group INSIDE the Jewish folk breaks many rules, even in biology.
    I've noticed that too, very peculiar. Must be the inbreeding on top of the already ugly Jewish traits. Alan Greenspan and Lenin come to mind. Lenin's father looks extremely Jewish, somewhat Negroid too. Looks like he could star in Planet of the Apes and not even have to wear makeup.

  8. #8
    Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Agrippa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Location
    Asgard
    Gender
    Politics
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Posts
    6,969
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

    Post Re: Why beautiful people are more intelligent

    The "egoistic gene" theory means that we want things, we dont even know of and thats the only reason because we exist - to go on with our genes.

    Of course self-domesticated humans have still instincts but these can be abused and often going in the wrong direction.

    I think you are right with all you said.

    But extreme Europid features, like I stated in a posting long time ago, arent beautiful at all, neither for Europids or non-Europids.

    F.e. very big nose.

    But Europids are on average nearer to the "modern ideal" of a progressive human than most, if not all other groups.
    The difference to some (f.e. Sinids) ist just slight but still present.

    This ideal is more or less "raceless", but racial types can be nearer to it or further away.

    BTW I edited my post above - I think Kissinger is a good example for the "ugly Jew" and his behaviour towards Nordid women.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

  9. #9
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Nordhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Gender
    Politics
    Nordicist
    Posts
    3,153
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post Re: Why beautiful people are more intelligent

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa
    The "egoistic gene" theory means that we want things, we dont even know of and thats the only reason because we exist - to go on with our genes.
    But it should be in the context of "go on with our genes" in the racial sense, not just reproducing ourselves in any old combination. That's the problem, seeing ourselves outside the collective, being a disconnected set of genes, and all that matters is our pleasure in life and reproducing with anyone irrespective of ancestry. We are sentient beings afterall, we should make responsible decisions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa
    But extreme Europid features, like I stated in a posting long time ago, arent beautiful at all, neither for Europids or non-Europids.

    F.e. very big nose.
    I'm referring to Europeans, not Asiatics and mixed "Europids" like North Africans and Indians. NonEuropeans are definitely the exception.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa
    But Europids are on average nearer to the "modern ideal" of a progressive human than most, if not all other groups.
    The difference to some (f.e. Sinids) ist just slight but still present.

    This ideal is more or less "raceless", but racial types can be nearer to it or further away.
    Europeans are the ideal, without a doubt. I don't see how you can call this raceless.

  10. #10
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Nordhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Gender
    Politics
    Nordicist
    Posts
    3,153
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post Re: Why beautiful people are more intelligent

    You say Sinids are very close to Europeans as an ideal race or ideal set of racial traits? I don't see it personally.

    BTW, are you Chris at Dienekes' site? I noticed the style was similar to yours, like using "^^".

    Chris posted this:

    Typical Leptosomic Sinids:



Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do You Consider Yourself Intelligent?
    By Nachtengel in forum Psychology, Behavior, & Neuroscience
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Wednesday, February 15th, 2012, 07:09 AM
  2. Dreams - The Intelligent Universe
    By Frans_Jozef in forum Alternative Sciences
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Saturday, January 20th, 2007, 11:46 AM
  3. Who Are the Most Intelligent Skadi Members?
    By Haldís in forum The Hearth
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: Sunday, December 12th, 2004, 06:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •