German
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Living in Terror of Bullies

Naudia Braun should be enjoying her first days of high school, meeting new friends, taking in new classes.

Instead, during this "Safe and Caring Schools" start to the academic year, the 14-year-old remains at home, with nowhere to turn because a bureaucratic 30 metres are all that separate her from a safe education.

Naudia was supposed to start Grade 9 at East York Collegiate, but her mother Cheryl refuses to send her there -- and she agrees.

MEAN GIRLS

She underwent two years of absolute hell in her middle school at the hands of a pack of mean girls who were a year older -- and now they're lying in wait for her at East York.

So last March, her mother asked the Toronto District School Board to allow her daughter to attend SATEC @ W. A. Porter Collegiate this fall, just 1.3 km away from her home. They turned her down, even though she had been told there were spots open for transfers, because Naudia lives just outside the district. The Brauns' home is on the west side of Victoria Park -- if they lived just 30 metres across the road, she would have been able to go.

"Why should my daughter have to suffer because of jurisdictional silliness?" her mother asks. "We're just across the street."

Instead, they've been told Naudia can attend Marc Garneau Collegiate, which is three TTC buses away, or take her chances at East York. But Braun doesn't believe either is a solution for her daughter, not after all she's been through.

It began in Grade 6 when Naudia made the naive mistake of telling an older girl that her Jamaican accent was "cool." From that innocent remark, Naudia was branded a racist and tormented for the next two years: During swim classes, her dry clothes were used to wipe up puddles in the change room so she would have to go home soaking wet; she was grabbed by the hair on the TTC and prevented from getting off at her stop; her coat was ripped off and thrown on the street where it was run over and torn; at school, batteries were hurled at her head, she was slammed into lockers, called a racist and because of her German background, a Nazi. On the Internet, her photo was posted on the body of a bear.
    http://www.torontosun.com/news/colum...50291-sun.html

Last Online
    Saturday, May 12th, 2012 @ 05:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Germany, Ireland, Wales
    Subrace
    Sindarin
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Maryland Maryland
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Ontological Cryptanalyst
    Politics
    Religion
    Spiritual Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    In the neighborhood I grew up in. The only available schools were all Black. My parents told me countless horror stories. All of my friends went to those schools and it was a nightmare for them. Every one of them dropped out.

You cannot even learn in those schools. The Negroes constantly interrupt class, but the worst part was the target every one from my neighborhood had on their backs due to being white. They were singled out for a daily, never ending series of insults and brutality. They would get hit at least once a day with crowds of Negroes lurking behind them, calling them names and instigating trouble. It was a Zoo and a nightmare situation. I would have dropped out too if I were them. Fortunately I was lucky enough to use my aunts address and go to an all white school. Not that it is white any longer.

There were a few Negroes in my school however, but they were treated very well by the white students. A total 180 from the reverse situation.

It infuriates me how this is allowed to happen. How the children in my neighborhood must endure a nightmare in place of an education and no one does a thing about it. It is totally ignored. The reverse situation would be world news.
    yDNA: R1a1a1
    mtDNA: H4a1
    Ancestry Painting: 100% European
    23andme Global Similarity: Dead center of English Cluster

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Regardless of racial composition public school has become a joke. It is a place for the lower classes and degenerates in society. The curriculum is basically geared at turning out low level laborers and welfare reciepients. Most 12th grade curriculum is actually 6th-8th grade level material.

Though also you must consider the neighborhood. If you live in a poor neighborhood you will get worse. If you must go to a public school you have to get your kids into accelerated programs and "gifted" classes. Otherwise homeschool or if you can afford it private school. As far as home schooling several parents can get together and work with each other to lessen the work load and also help give their children some socializing. This is why I think we must form tribes or churches or some kind of small scale community for ourselves because the larger soceity isn't hospitable anymore.

At any rate this reminds me of a story with my mom when she was young. They lived in the city and she went to a mostly black school for a while. They already didn't like whites but my mom was really blond which made it even worse. So the black girls would beat her up and the school would not punish them. My grandma would beat her ass when she got home for not fighting back. So rather than incurr two whoopings my mom fought back and I think hit one of the girls with a rock or something. Anyway the school wanted to get her in big trouble for that but my grandma said hey when they did it to her you wouldn't punish the black kids so they didn't do anything (it happened outside of school on the way home). Anyway after that all the black girls wanted to be her friend.

In this way I look at the girl up there. We raise our children to be weak now days. I think the concept illustrated above is more in line with a true Germanic rearing.

When I went to school I originally went to a redneck school in the country which was pretty normal I would guess. We had no minorities in class though I'm sure its full of them now. Then I went to a school that was mostly people of English and German descent and the majority of people were blond. I was one of the darkest people there. The school had only one half black person in the entire school. No minorities other than that. It also had a lot of middle class and upper middle class students. It was very civilized. The classes were quiet. I could have left my wallet on a desk and someone would return it to me. Then I went to florida in a school that had a lot of minorities. Income and everything wasn't really different. I turned my back for a minute and my stuff would be stolen. Much less somebody giving it back. If someone dropped their papers on the ground people would just walk on their homework and kick their books (in the other school people would help each other) and it was very loud and rowdy almost like a zoo paper would be thrown people would shoot spit wods at each other. Even the white people acted different.

In florida I was also interegated and asked if I was a Nazi or if I would blow up the school or go columbine mainly because I was going around attempting to speak German (even though I'm part German). Oddly a girl from Germany camne over but I guess she wasn't automatically a Nazi. As far as violence I was raised to fight. But I learned it was useless in this environment. People would just get 100 friends and try to jump you. they all acted like cowards who were afraid to face any real threat of danger but at the same time not civilized enough to be respectful. They always tried to start fights and threaten people and act macho but always too afriad to fight unless they had 100 friends, weapons etc. They liked to bully women and anyone who was weak (always in large groups). I think blacks and such were more like this but even the white people acted like this (some of them). I guess they adapted as a survival mechanism. What few people remained civilized just had to hold on for life and try to somehow learn something in this harsh environment.

These experiences were really the main ones that made me believe the way I do today. It really started in school.