Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Happy to Be a Member

  1. #1
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Andswarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Friday, February 12th, 2010 @ 08:40 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Gender
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Surgeon
    Politics
    Conservative Libertarian
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Smile Happy to Be a Member

    Dear Friends
    I am extremely happy to have found this forum, and have the opportunity to participate. Since my earliest recollections, I have been acutely aware of my proud heritage. Over my many years, I have learned much and I hope to learn more and share my knowledge. Knowledge Comes But Wisdom Lingers.
    Regards Andswarian

  2. #2
    Lost in Melancholia
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Thusnelda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Location
    Over the hills and far away
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Posts
    4,392
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    69
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    A warm welcome here at Skadi. May I ask what do you understand under "Conservative Libertarian"?

    If you have any questions feel free to ask the staff or other members, we don´t bite.

    "Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

  3. #3
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Andswarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Friday, February 12th, 2010 @ 08:40 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Gender
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Surgeon
    Politics
    Conservative Libertarian
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Dear Valkyrie,
    I should have said that I am a Right-wing Libertarian. I dislike democracy because it is unstable and tends to embody "mob rule". I have an intense love of individual freedoms, and thus I prefer Republics with limited suffrage. The concept of "One Man or Woman, One Vote" is ludicrous because the majority "The Mob" is ill informed and easily lead like sheep. The most recent Presidential Election in the United States is a perfect example. I am perfectly able to make my own decisions, and I do not need nor want a "Nanny Government" to protect me from my self. I prefer a system that protects me from the government.
    I am interested in what beliefs a Bavarian Right-Wing Conservative holds dear.
    Thank you for your interest.
    Regards Andswarian

  4. #4
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Dagna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    Friday, July 31st, 2020 @ 02:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Location
    Norway
    Gender
    Age
    42
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Posts
    2,097
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    24
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    149
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Welcome to Skadi. I believe what you say largely makes sense. Many of us here are against nanny governments as well.

    What are your particular areas of interest, besides politics?


    Die Sonne scheint noch.

  5. #5
    Lost in Melancholia
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Thusnelda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Location
    Over the hills and far away
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Posts
    4,392
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    69
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andswarian View Post
    Dear Valkyrie,
    I should have said that I am a Right-wing Libertarian. I dislike democracy because it is unstable and tends to embody "mob rule". I have an intense love of individual freedoms, and thus I prefer Republics with limited suffrage. The concept of "One Man or Woman, One Vote" is ludicrous because the majority "The Mob" is ill informed and easily lead like sheep. The most recent Presidential Election in the United States is a perfect example. I am perfectly able to make my own decisions, and I do not need nor want a "Nanny Government" to protect me from my self. I prefer a system that protects me from the government.
    I am interested in what beliefs a Bavarian Right-Wing Conservative holds dear.
    Thank you for your interest.
    Regards Andswarian
    Well, thanks for this exquisite answer, now I can understand your political stance better. I must say that I see myself well represented by some parts of your position.

    Regarding my political ideology: I think that the democratic system of our Western European nations is corrupted and lead ad absurdum by politicians who don´t represent the will of their own people. They´re mobbed-up by internationalists and one-world fanatics. We´re not living in a true democracy but in a lobbycracy and plutocracy.
    I don´t want to abolish the democracy but I want to reform it back to it´s true form, so that it represents the folkish structure. The model I favour is to large parts the Swiss system with its direct democracy: Important decisions trough national referendums.
    The EU is the largest threat to Germany from my point of view because the EU disintegrates our national structure more and more. So Germany should leave the EU as fast as possible.

    "Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

  6. #6
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Andswarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Friday, February 12th, 2010 @ 08:40 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Gender
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Surgeon
    Politics
    Conservative Libertarian
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagna View Post
    Welcome to Skadi. I believe what you say largely makes sense. Many of us here are against nanny governments as well.

    What are your particular areas of interest, besides politics?
    Thanks for the response Dagna. I love the ocean and I love to invent. I have a number of patents in my line of work as a hand/orthopaedic surgeon, such as absorbent wires and artificial tendons and ligaments. I am very interested in computer aided decision making, and I have a patent for a "Fuzzy Logic" application. I am also interested in robotics and the new capabilities offered by Arduino digital/analog boards.
    My greatest passion is salt water. Anything that can be done on, by or under. I plan to travel to Florida tonight to get my salt water "fix".

    And what interests do you have passion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Well, thanks for this exquisite answer, now I can understand your political stance better. I must say that I see myself well represented by some parts of your position.

    Regarding my political ideology: I think that the democratic system of our Western European nations is corrupted and lead ad absurdum by politicians who don´t represent the will of their own people. They´re mobbed-up by internationalists and one-world fanatics. We´re not living in a true democracy but in a lobbycracy and plutocracy.
    I don´t want to abolish the democracy but I want to reform it back to it´s true form, so that it represents the folkish structure. The model I favour is to large parts the Swiss system with its direct democracy: Important decisions trough national referendums.
    The EU is the largest threat to Germany from my point of view because the EU disintegrates our national structure more and more. So Germany should leave the EU as fast as possible.
    Dear Valkyrie
    I believe that our positions are extremely similar.
    I agree that pure democracy is the ideal, but one must take into consideration the voting population. In Switerland, the population is relatively small and homogenios. The Swiss are well educated, and I do not believe that immigrants are permitted to vote. In the United States, there is a much more diverse population and almost anyone can vote. In some communities the rule is "Vote early and Vote often" and often people long dead continue to vote. This "mob" is highly influenced by the Mass Media and worse than sheep. Therefore, it only works in conditions of Oligarchy which was the original system 200 years ago. When my family came to America in 1640, they brought with them Germanic Folk Values and it made the new land great, but these values have been diluted over the years making pure democracy very dangerous. I fear for the future.
    Regards Andswarian

  7. #7
    Moderator
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    GroeneWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Gender
    Age
    38
    Family
    Single adult
    Posts
    3,078
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    337
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    442
    Thanked in
    249 Posts
    Welcome.

    May I presume you are familiar with the work of Herman Hoppe?

  8. #8
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Andswarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Friday, February 12th, 2010 @ 08:40 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Gender
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Surgeon
    Politics
    Conservative Libertarian
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Dear GroeneWolf
    Yes, I agree with his thoughts on democracy but not immigration.
    Must catch a plane, but I would like to discuss more later.
    Regards Scott

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    triedandtru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Location
    Southeastern Coast
    Gender
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Not liberal
    Religion
    Blut und Boden
    Posts
    828
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Welcome to the forum. : )

  10. #10
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Sunday, November 1st, 2009 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Posts
    11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Welcome to the forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Member
    By rpanzer in forum Introductions & Greetings
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Wednesday, March 25th, 2009, 07:38 PM
  2. New member
    By Yaroslav in forum Introductions & Greetings
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Saturday, September 16th, 2006, 08:15 AM
  3. Happy, happy B-day, Goswin_van_Eyck!!!!!
    By QuietWind in forum Introductions & Greetings
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Friday, September 2nd, 2005, 12:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •