View Poll Results: Which city would you prefer as capital for a German union?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Berlin.

    56 40.88%
  • Vienna.

    36 26.28%
  • Another city. (specify it please)

    36 26.28%
  • I've no preference.

    9 6.57%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 131

Thread: Berlin or Vienna, Which Capital Would You Prefer for a German Union?

  1. #41
    Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Bärin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Posts
    1,899
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    119
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    316
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Yea, let's make Berlin the capital of Germany!
    No need to, it is already.

    Equating Munich with the Oktoberfest is like equating Berlin with the Love Parade.
    Bavarians equated my city with stereotypes in this thread, that it can't be the capital because of its bad reputation, so I gave back a piece of that to prove Munich is no better.

    With the exception that the Oktoberfest actually once was fairly traditional before it turned basically commercial and tourist-orientated whilst Love Parade is basically a modern phenomenon directly from that degenerate over-sexualised consumer-culture.
    I don't give a shit how traditional drinking alcohol is. Just because it existed before modern history doesn't mean it's any better than faggotry. Like I said before, alcohol is a drug and it has no proven benefits. Whether it's 100 people who get drunk or millions, it's still degenerate.

    Munich has much more to offer than drunk people in autumn, it has many lovely buildings, landmarks and cultural venues which have absolutely nothing to do with the degenerate display the Oktoberfest has long become.
    So does Berlin.

    Again, please offer a reason why Berlin would be more applicable as a capital than Munich would be. The "I can't identify with a Bavarian city" one doesn't count, because it's not going to be easier for a Bavarian to identify with Berlin than for a Prussian to identify with Munich. Fact.
    Because it's been a capital city for a long time already, and all arrangements necessary for it to function as a capital are here since a long time. Nobody had a problem with Berlin as a capital during NS. But instead of removing the degeneration from all German cities, let's waste money and bureaucracy on switching to a new capital, because some Bavarians and Americans have problems identifying with it.

    And here in this thread is the effect of federalism and regionalism. Germans will never find a city which they will identify with altogether. Why? Because of multiculturalism within our own nation. You reject centralization and whine that it kills your local unique culture, but you also whine when other Germans can't identify with your own. You can't have it two ways.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Well Bärin, at least we can be proud to have Berlin, the shining star of Germany. Here some photos of its mayor, Klaus Wowereit, the gay one, governing the town together with the socialists and communists from the Linkspartei (former SED) and the leftift eco-freaks from the greens. Berlin, home of the largest Christopher Street Day in Germany, home of the largest homosexual scene in Germany, home of the degenerated Love Parade, home of most of the 68ies generation and their ideological helpers, home of the largest Antifa groups in Germany and home of many foreigners, making the city to the fourth-largest Turkish town in the world.

    Furthermore, Berlin is nearly bankrupt and has the highest per-capita indebtedness of whole Germany. Around 17% of the population of Berlin live on social welfare while only around 4% of the population of Bavaria has to take social welfare. But what´s the saying of Klaus Wowereit? "Berlin is poor but sexy!"



    Wowereit and his...husband



    A typical school klass in Berlin-Neukölln




    Let me say it straight: I dislike the commerical image of the Oktoberfest nowadays, but I prefer it 10000 times over the image of Berlin.
    Munich has certainly been catching up with building a pro-faggot image. it's worthy of competing.



    Gay maypole from Oktoberfest



    "Bavarian" Negroes

    And wasn't it your party, the CSU that want to remove the NPD after it had success in EAST Germany?

    Angry, aren't you? Well then you know how I feel after YOU started the trend of stereotyping my city, in your first post in this topic.

    As I said, there is degeneration everywhere, and none is preferable to the other, that's pure BS. Garbage is garbage, no matter how you put it, and the reality is it needs to be removed.
    Last edited by Bärin; Sunday, September 20th, 2009 at 02:24 AM. Reason: addition

  2. #42
    Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Thusnelda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Location
    Over the hills and far away
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Posts
    4,380
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    37
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bärin View Post
    Bavarians equated my city with stereotypes in this thread, that it can't be the capital because of its bad reputation, so I gave back a piece of that to prove Munich is no better.
    Oktoberfest is only 14 days a year. The problems of Berlin are visible 365 days a year.

    Munich has certainly been catching up with building a pro-faggot image. it's worthy of competing.



    Gay maypole from Oktoberfest



    "Bavarian" Negroes
    Well, some idiotic people think "learning from Berlin is learning to win"? Berlin is a prime example for the negative effects of todays Zeigeist on other cities.

    And wasn't it your party, the CSU that want to remove the NPD after it had success in EAST Germany?
    The NPD was elected into the WEST German Bavarian parliament from 1966 to 1970 with 7,4% of all votes cast, long time before any EAST German state had the opportunity to elect any other party besides the SED into the parliament. So what is your point here? The CSU plans to ban the NPD are political hystery and campaigning.

    I agree that nearly all larger German cities are full of problems. But Berlin marches at front in many sad aspects. My critizism isn´t directed against you and your pride for your city, Bärin. We must get rid of the problems in all of our larger cities to regain healthy structures and working urban societies. We shouldn´t bash each others favourite cities.

    "Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

  3. #43
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Winkelried's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Swiss German
    Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Gender
    Politics
    Direct democracy
    Posts
    98
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    25
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Why does the capital city have to necessarily be yours or from your area, or that you can identify with it? Living in capital cities can be stressful and annoying. They attract millions of tourists, foreigners, media attention, and all that comes with it. I'd prefer a foresaken provincial town somewhere anytime.

  4. #44
    Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Sigurd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 08:36 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Location
    Einöde in den Alpen
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Posts
    9,109
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    218
    Thanked in
    127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bärin View Post
    Bavarians equated my city with stereotypes in this thread, that it can't be the capital because of its bad reputation, so I gave back a piece of that to prove Munich is no better.
    No one said that Munich at present was any better. And as you may have noticed, I did not participate in mud-throwing against Berlin about it having a "bad image" before you attacked Munich. I merely stated why I prefered Munich, without talking bad about Berlin. Berlin's still a lovely city, I never questioned that.

    Since I was mainly the one motioning for Munich, if you wanted to "give back a piece" you certainly gave it back to the wrong person.

    I don't give a shit how traditional drinking alcohol is. Just because it existed before modern history doesn't mean it's any better than faggotry.
    If you really think the yearly town/city festivals are all just about drinking as much alcohol as you can, then you've clearly missed the picture.

    That's what Oktoberfest is about nowadays: Drinking, partying and not caring about anyone else is precisely why it is not traditional anymore. Drinking always used to be a part of these festivals, but by far weren't considered the central part of it. It was a general festival, fusing amusement, entertainment and traditional culture --- the drinking part was secondary, and came with the socialising, not with the festival itself.

    Strangely enough, you wouldn't want a beer at Wies'n anyway. It costs more than €8 by now, and is served at a yummy 18°C - that's even to warm for any conoisseur of English Ale.

    Like I said before, alcohol is a drug and it has no proven benefits. Whether it's 100 people who get drunk or millions, it's still degenerate.
    Alcohol is a drug, sure. And it does have proven benefits, if consumed in smaller amounts --- like any other poison it has a medicinal effect in a small dose, an intoxicating effect in a somewhat larger dose, and a damaging and potentially lethal effect in even larger doses.

    Because it's been a capital city for a long time already, and all arrangements necessary for it to function as a capital are here since a long time.
    The length of being a capital would give Vienna the edge over Berlin, though - Vienna has always been a capital for virtually as long as it's been around. First to govern Pannonia, later in the Holy Roman Empire, then in the Austrian Empire and finally in the Austrian Republic.

    Before 1871, Berlin was no different than Munich, Stuttgart or Hamburg --- a regional capital and centre, where all arrangements present were mainly of a regional function. Remember, even though Prussia was the leading faction in the Frankfurt Parliament, for instance - the parliament wasn't actually there, either.

    Berlin as a capital of Germany has had not too many years at all. 1871-1949 and 1990-2009 ... makes a legendary 97 years*. Not exactly "long" history; if you went by that rationale you could make Winchester the capital of England for its "long history" as a capital (just over 100 years).

    *As government seat less than that: 1871-1918, Sep/Oct 1919-1949, 1999-2009: 87 years.

    But instead of removing the degeneration from all German cities, let's waste money and bureaucracy on switching to a new capital, because some Bavarians and Americans have problems identifying with it.
    The removal of degeneration is irrespective of such things. There would not be much of a waste of money or bureaucracy switching capitals --- at least not any more than it was in 1990 (officially) - 1999 (including government seat) for switching from Bonn to Berlin as the FRG capital. That went smoothly, at least smooth enough for many people "not to notice". How do you explain that?

    And here in this thread is the effect of federalism and regionalism. Germans will never find a city which they will identify with altogether. Why? Because of multiculturalism within our own nation.
    The regional arrangement of Germany is much older than German unity. It goes back to the Germanic tribes. That which united Germans to become one folk was a common mission, alongside a common language. It then became a nation by a shared history.

    You reject centralization and whine that it kills your local unique culture, but you also whine when other Germans can't identify with your own.
    But who is to say that "centralisation" must take place after Prussian principles, and with Prussia as the "dominant culture" with Berlin as a capital?

    If you propose centralisation, then technically you wouldn't be opposed to Munich, Vienna or any other Bavarian-Austrian town as a central capital, because the result would be the same.

    If you do however reject this because you can't identify with Bavaria, then that makes you just as regionalist as it'd make us. You're using the term "regionalism" as a synonym for "Bavarianism" and "centralism" as a synonym for "Prussianism". That's incorrect usage of these terms.

    You can't have it two ways.
    Quite so - and this is why one shouldn't accept Prussian centralism as good and proper but reject the possibility of Bavarian centralism. We have at any rate as much a claim to reforming a centralised German culture around our principles and a capital within our area.

    Just that we don't tend to do this, but tend to adopt regionalism, knowing what Prussian centralism has done to our region, we wouldn't want to push the same destructive force upon another German region.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

    (Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

  5. #45
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Nachtengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Gender
    Posts
    5,916
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    94
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    765
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Just that we don't tend to do this, but tend to adopt regionalism, knowing what Prussian centralism has done to our region, we wouldn't want to push the same destructive force upon another German region.
    That, however, would be less damaging than regionalism. A united people needs to have a general culture and language. If you don't like the current one, replace it by something else, Bavarian culture even, but, it must be uniform. A German from a Schleswig-Holsteiner village must be able to communicate with a villager from Bavaria, without translators. Staunch regionalism, in the form of encouraging dialect vs. national language hinders that. It turns German states into "micronations", and cultivates hatred. I am satisfied with the Prussian model because it has been the only one that worked to keep us united thusfar and because I am Prussian. But, if Bavarian centralism can accomplish something similar, I will squeeze my teeth and accept it, because the unity of my nation is more important. But, it isn't doing that. Bavarians have a tendency to prefer to secede than Germany to have one single language and culture, so I fear that establishing a German capital in Bavaria would be an extra encouragement for Bavaria to break away from Germany.

  6. #46
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Æmeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gender
    Age
    57
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Posts
    6,271
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    573
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    522
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Well Bärin, at least we can be proud to have Berlin, the shining star of Germany. Here´re some photos of its mayor, Klaus Wowereit, the gay one, governing the town together with the socialists and communists from the Linkspartei (former SED) and the leftift eco-freaks from the greens. Berlin, home of the largest Christopher Street Day in Germany, home of the largest homosexual scene in Germany, home of the degenerated Love Parade, home of most of the 68ies generation and their ideological helpers, home of the largest Antifa groups in Germany and home of many foreigners, making the city to the fourth-largest Turkish town in the world.

    Furthermore, Berlin is nearly bankrupt and has the highest per-capita indebtedness of whole Germany. Around 18% of the population of Berlin has to live on social welfare while only around 4% of the population of Bavaria has to take social welfare. But what´s the saying of Klaus Wowereit? "Berlin is poor but sexy!"



    Wowereit and his...husband:



    A typical school class in Berlin-Neukölln:



    Gays & liberals gravitate towards the capital cites in all Western nations. London, Paris, New York (the defacto US capital) & Washington all have the same problem, part of a wider societal sickness infecting the West. Put the German capital at some provincial town like Darmstadt or Braunschweig & it will be overran by gays, lefties & third world immigrants who want to be near the physical center of political power.

  7. #47
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Ossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    East German
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Location
    Berlin
    Gender
    Age
    43
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    National
    Religion
    None
    Posts
    670
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Ya, set it in Munich, although Vienna is fine too. We could use some exodus.

  8. #48
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Nachtengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Gender
    Posts
    5,916
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    94
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    765
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    Gays & liberals gravitate towards the capital cites in all Western nations. London, Paris, New York (the defacto US capital) & Washington all have the same problem, part of a wider societal sickness infecting the West. Put the German capital at some provincial town like Darmstadt or Braunschweig & it will be overran by gays, lefties & third world immigrants who want to be near the physical center of political power.
    And a Holocaust memorial will be built. For Jews and Gypsies.

  9. #49
    Schimmelreiter
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Hauke Haien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    Monday, September 4th, 2017 @ 09:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Deutsch
    Location
    Land der Deutschen
    Gender
    Posts
    1,841
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    22
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Regensburg was one of the few powerful and influencal cultural and social main centers of the German languaged federations during the Middle Ages when Berlin was nothing else than a slavic influended fishermen's village in the swamps of the region which later became the then germanicised Brandenburg.
    Radasbona was a Celtic settlement and the site of a Roman fort whose name translates into 'Regensburg'. Early urbanisation is a sign of considerable Roman influence, since we used to be a fundamentally rural people. Vienna (Vindobona) has a similar history. It is to be welcomed that the area was eventually integrated into Germanic power structures and subjected to a gradual Germanisation process, just like in the temporarily Slavic east.

    Quote Originally Posted by Torch_Bearer View Post
    Judging from recent history, the south has been the backbone of Germanic resistance, so the north should look south for guidance, not vice-versa.
    The staunchest supporter of Blut und Boden was rural Dithmarschen (Holstein), not the city of Munich. NS was also more popular in the north than in the south.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    The length of being a capital would give Vienna the edge over Berlin, though - Vienna has always been a capital for virtually as long as it's been around.
    Vienna's status within the Reich depended on that of the Habsburgs, whose residence it was. Since we have no power independent from the Americans and the state created by them in our name, we currently have no capital and our future capital will most likely be identical with our future centre of power.

    The dismal state of our cities, and indeed our people, is no more embarrassing than being wounded in battle with an enemy. What is important is to shape up and return the favour at an opportune moment, since gaining victory also improves the ability to heal further.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Ward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    6 Days Ago @ 08:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    Vinlandic
    Ancestry
    1/2 German, 1/4 Norwegian, 1/4 Irish
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Location
    The Wild Frontier
    Gender
    Posts
    695
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    37
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauke Haien View Post
    The staunchest supporter of Blut und Boden was rural Dithmarschen (Holstein), not the city of Munich. NS was also more popular in the north than in the south.
    I need to see evidence before I believe that. Southern Germans/Austrians made up the core of NS leadership. Most prominent ones came from Catholic backgrounds as well. Munich served as the launching pad for NS; it was the hot spot. Whatever role Dithmarschen played in Hitler's rise it was nothing compared to Munich.


    Anyway...

    It's not fair to fault Bavarians for the fact Oktoberfest has become a world famous tourist attraction. Bavarians have simply made a good impression on the world stage.

    Sure, it's original meaning has been cheapened by commercialization (like most other holidays), but at least it's still some form of celebration of heritage. A lot better than nothing.




    forever. FOREVER.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. German Left Provokes Row on Berlin Wall Anniversary
    By Hersir in forum The German Countries
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Tuesday, August 16th, 2011, 04:37 PM
  2. The German Roots of the Slovenian Capital Laibach/Ljubljana
    By Sigurd in forum Germanic Diaspora, Enclaves, & Influences
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Sunday, March 27th, 2011, 03:16 AM
  3. Berlin school bans languages other than German
    By Blutwölfin in forum The German Countries
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Tuesday, February 21st, 2006, 01:16 PM
  4. Berlin, Scandinavian Art Capital
    By Bodewin in forum Visual Arts & Aesthetics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sunday, May 8th, 2005, 04:56 PM
  5. German Soldiers in the Soviet Union: Letters from the East (Bolshevik Atrocities)
    By Berliners Remember in forum Modern Age & Contemporary History
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Friday, February 25th, 2005, 09:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •