@
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts

Newsweek: Even Babies Discriminate

At the Children’s Research Lab at the University of Texas, a database is kept on thousands of families in the Austin area who have volunteered to be available for scholarly research. In 2006 Birgitte Vittrup recruited from the database about a hundred families, all of whom were Caucasian with a child 5 to 7 years old.

The goal of Vittrup’s study was to learn if typical children’s videos with multicultural storylines have any beneficial effect on children’s racial attitudes. Her first step was to give the children a Racial Attitude Measure, which asked such questions as:

How many White people are nice?
    (Almost all) (A lot) (Some) (Not many) (None)

How many Black people are nice?
    (Almost all) (A lot) (Some) (Not many) (None)

During the test, the descriptive adjective “nice” was replaced with more than 20 other adjectives, like “dishonest,” “pretty,” “curious,” and “snobby.”

Vittrup sent a third of the families home with multiculturally themed videos for a week, such as an episode of Sesame Streetin which characters visit an African-American family’s home, and an episode of Little Bill, where the entire neighborhood comes together to clean the local park.

In truth, Vittrup didn’t expect that children’s racial attitudes would change very much just from watching these videos. Prior research had shown that multicultural curricula in schools have far less impact than we intend them to—largely because the implicit message “We’re all friends” is too vague for young children to understand that it refers to skin color.

Yet Vittrup figured explicit conversations with parents could change that. So a second group of families got the videos, and Vittrup told these parents to use them as the jumping-off point for a discussion about interracial friendship. She provided a checklist of points to make, echoing the shows’ themes. “I really believed it was going to work,” Vittrup recalls.

The last third were also given the checklist of topics, but no videos. These parents were to discuss racial equality on their own, every night for five nights.

At this point, something interesting happened. Five families in the last group abruptly quit the study. Two directly told Vittrup, “We don’t want to have these conversations with our child. We don’t want to point out skin color.”

Vittrup was taken aback—these families volunteered knowing full well it was a study of children’s racial attitudes. Yet once they were aware that the study required talking openly about race, they started dropping out.

It was no surprise that in a liberal city like Austin, every parent was a welcoming multiculturalist, embracing diversity. But according to Vittrup’s entry surveys, hardly any of these white parents had ever talked to their children directly about race. They might have asserted vague principles—like “Everybody’s equal” or “God made all of us” or “Under the skin, we’re all the same”—but they’d almost never called attention to racial differences.

They wanted their children to grow up colorblind. But Vittrup’s first test of the kids revealed they weren’t colorblind at all. Asked how many white people are mean, these children commonly answered, “Almost none.” Asked how many blacks are mean, many answered, “Some,” or “A lot.” Even kids who attended diverse schools answered the questions this way.

More disturbing, Vittrup also asked all the kids a very blunt question: “Do your parents like black people?” Fourteen percent said outright, “No, my parents don’t like black people”; 38 percent of the kids answered, “I don’t know.” In this supposed race-free vacuum being created by parents, kids were left to improvise their own conclusions—many of which would be abhorrent to their parents.
    http://euronews.us/?p=2475#more-2475

Last Online
    Sunday, March 8th, 2020 @ 03:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Asked how many blacks are mean, many answered, “Some,” or “A lot.” Even kids who attended diverse schools answered the questions this way.
    Hmm, I wonder why

But such studies usually are misused to tighten the brainwash machinery, so I guess the next kids series will point to that more directly and explain the white kids that they have to love the blacks (Turks, Arabians,...) regardless of them being mean and violent to them
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Last Online
    Saturday, December 22nd, 2018 @ 07:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Politics
    White Imperialist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This Test of Black-White relations was in Austin? Interesting how the mass of Mexicans living that area didn't get included in that test . What does it really matter what whites think on race relations anyway, unless these non-white races already know full well they are cultural parasites?
    Good to read that even with all the mind bending BS most whites know better.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 05:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    You got to be kidding me. That article just admitted that they are brainwashing kids. i.e. the goal of multicultural videos and programs like sesame street and the goal of what they teach in schools.

So even if in reality say black people are hostile and criminals (not saying they are but for arguments sake) our kids grow up to believe they are all great people, nay that they are better than us (blacks are sex symbols, athletic etc. according to TV) so our kids grow up and make bad decisions that lead them to be victims of crime, get knocked up by some black guy in the hood and have some non-athletic incompetent kids and a father who doesn't take care of them etc. all because they were brainwashed as children?

I think people can learn the truth through life experience and shouldn't be given a false representation of reality through indoctrination. I don't care if its nazi ideology or liberal ideology indoctrinating people only skews their understanding of the real truth and causes them to make bad decisions.

Last Online
    Saturday, May 12th, 2012 @ 04:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Germany, Ireland, Wales
    Subrace
    Sindarin
    Country
    State
    Maryland Maryland
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Ontological Cryptanalyst
    Politics
    Religion
    Spiritual Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    You got to be kidding me. That article just admitted that they are brainwashing kids. i.e. the goal of multicultural videos and programs like sesame street and the goal of what they teach in schools.

So even if in reality say black people are hostile and criminals (not saying they are but for arguments sake) our kids grow up to believe they are all great people, nay that they are better than us (blacks are sex symbols, athletic etc. according to TV) so our kids grow up and make bad decisions that lead them to be victims of crime, get knocked up by some black guy in the hood and have some non-athletic incompetent kids and a father who doesn't take care of them etc. all because they were brainwashed as children?

I think people can learn the truth through life experience and shouldn't be given a false representation of reality through indoctrination. I don't care if its nazi ideology or liberal ideology indoctrinating people only skews their understanding of the real truth and causes them to make bad decisions.
    Exactly what I was thinking. We develop our opinion about things, through experience, to more successfully navigate a world full of unknowns. Since we cannot know everyone, we must organize information in a way to minimize unnecessary risks. That's what prejudice is. Our minds calculate the probability of threat based on the frequency relative to other groups. It's a defense system and it was designed that way for a damn good reason.

Negroes = High probability of threat
    Mestizos = Medium probability of threat
    Whites = Low probability of threat

So when our children navigate the world they can make conscious or subconscious decisions that decrease negative encounters. If we corrupt that natural system with information that neutralizes their defense system then we are increasing their chances of falling into harms way. This is a crime against our own children. We are doing this to our own children! It is unbelievable.
    yDNA: R1a1a1
    mtDNA: H4a1
    Ancestry Painting: 100% European
    23andme Global Similarity: Dead center of English Cluster

Last Online
    Friday, March 23rd, 2018 @ 11:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtic-Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Segestan View Post
    This Test of Black-White relations was in Austin? Interesting how the mass of Mexicans living that area didn't get included in that test . What does it really matter what whites think on race relations anyway, unless these non-white races already know full well they are cultural parasites?
    Good to read that even with all the mind bending BS most whites know better.
    I know, its really quite sick. For gods sake there are more races than 'black' and 'white', why do they always target these brainwashing programs against us.
    Nor is this test very scientific - wheres the black kids? what about their opinions on race...or are we to automatically asume black people are wonderful angels and are incapible of racism.

But hey I guess its wonderful for blacks to be proud of their heritage but "horrifying" to think of white kids being proud of theirs.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 05:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I was raised with all this liberal propaganda and I believed it and it caused me to make a lot of bad decisions in my life. Over time experience taught me the opposite to be true.

As far as racism. I originally went to all white schools and had no racism that I know of. living around other people was what made me realize there are inherent differences between us that are more than skin deep, just as the article suggests that more diverse settings cause even more racial identity.

Though as well I believe some traits are better than others and some groups are simply more successful than others or better suited for certain tasks (Asians better at math, Aryans better mechanics, Jews better bankers etc.). The whole premise I don't understand is why all people should be valued without earning that value. If somebody is a rapist, murderer etc. their life has no value. I don't see why we should all be considered equal when we aren't. We should all take responsibilty for who and what we are and hold others responsible. Some people are not fit to survive. Its not that I hate any other race or any other people but I just don't believe in forcing equality and propping up defective people or groups of failures.

As far as race I'm not a model of a pure Germanic Nordic Aryan but I think that people operate better around people who are similar to them or related to some degree. That relation can be relative, I guess a bunch of half black half whites would do better around other half breeds than either of the parent race for example and there's a lot of grey lines.

The other thing is it all isn't related to race. Ideals like trust authority and the government will take care of you are nonsense as well. Just based on my own life experience that is.