Thread: Criticism of Christianity or Another Religion - Which Section?

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    686 Posts

Criticism of Christianity or Another Religion - Which Section?

Where is it the best to post threads and articles criticizing Christianity? For example, this one I've just posted "Why Has Christianity Demonized Nudity, Sex and Sexuality?" I placed it in the Christianity forum since it's about Christianity, but it's from an Atheist viewpoint and an Atheist source. Does it fit better in the Agnosticism & Atheism forum? I'm just curious, what are the unwritten rules about the religious sections, if it's ok to write criticism of religions in the corresponding sections, or is that considered too offensive? I'm asking because I recall some arguing about Christian viewpoints critical of Heathenry in the Germanic Heathenry forum, so I just want to know.

Last Online
    Saturday, October 24th, 2009 @ 01:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    Where is it the best to post threads and articles criticizing Christianity? For example, this one I've just posted "Why Has Christianity Demonized Nudity, Sex and Sexuality?" I placed it in the Christianity forum since it's about Christianity, but it's from an Atheist viewpoint and an Atheist source. Does it fit better in the Agnosticism & Atheism forum? I'm just curious, what are the unwritten rules about the religious sections, if it's ok to write criticism of religions in the corresponding sections, or is that considered too offensive? I'm asking because I recall some arguing about Christian viewpoints critical of Heathenry in the Germanic Heathenry forum, so I just want to know.
    In my opinion threads criticising Christianity (or any religion) would more appropriately go in an a~theistic forum. That way it isn't such an attack, and I'll fell much more comfortable totally ignoring it, which I will do wherever such things are posted.

It's interesting isn't it that I and other Christians here at Skadi aren't the least bit invested in tearing down the Faiths of others? Something to think about.

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 @ 03:45 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Engaged
    Politics
    Not liberal
    Religion
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    That is sort of tricky.
    I would also say in the Agnosticism and Atheism forum.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Koos View Post
    In my opinion threads criticising Christianity (or any religion) would more appropriately go in an a~theistic forum. That way it isn't such an attack, and I'll fell much more comfortable totally ignoring it, which I will do wherever such things are posted.

It's interesting isn't it that I and other Christians here at Skadi aren't the least bit invested in tearing down the Faiths of others? Something to think about.
    Well, that is one of the reasons I posted it in the Christianity forum. When I post something, I usually do it because I'd like to hear people's thoughts on it, and confirm or refute its validity. That would mean Christian thoughts too, of course.

I am not interested in tearing down people's faiths and converting them. That's more of a Christian thing judging according to history. As I said, I'm interested in a discussion. Isn't what this forum is about, or is it supposed to be a big library of articles that get thanks and rep points from people who agree, and ignored by people who disagree and feel offended?

Secure a future for Germanic children
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    I doubt it belongs in the atheism forum. Atheism isn't just about being anti-Christian. It's being anti-theism in general. If the atheism forum becomes a collection of lumped anti-Christian articles, then it has failed its purpose in my opinion. Oh, and Heathens criticize Christianity too. Where would you put such threads? If I see a thread in the Christianity forum where some things I disagree with, I'm going to criticize it. There is no need to be PC in my opinion, just don't use ad hominems.