Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: The Republic of Canada(?)

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Pilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    Monday, September 7th, 2009 @ 11:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, England, Norway, South Africa
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    State
    British Columbia British Columbia
    Gender
    Politics
    Republican (not American party)
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Posts
    67
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    The Republic of Canada(?)

    What are your opinions on the possibility of a Canadian republic? Many countries which were established by Britain such as Australia and New Zealand, and others have or are debating the possibility of becoming a Republic. The USA, of course, did so by violent revolution. This debate has not as yet been strong in Canada. What are your thoughts?

    http://www.canadian-republic.ca/home.html
    http://www.monarchist.ca/new/index.html

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Berrocscir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    Saturday, July 27th, 2019 @ 12:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Oxon, Bucks and Ulster
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Location
    North Wessex
    Gender
    Age
    49
    Politics
    Nationalism, Neoreactionary
    Religion
    God the father
    Posts
    677
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I say go for it Canadians - take control of your own destiny! Don't remain colonials in the eyes of the Brit ruling class. Personally speaking after breaking with the British crown I recommend the breaking up of the Canadian state into native/English speaking/French speaking homelands ( I admire the Western Canada idea) but this is not for me to decide. Having your own head of state will not diminish my solidarity towards Canadians of European descent.

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 12:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    German
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Gender
    Posts
    1,053
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Berrocscir View Post
    I say go for it Canadians - take control of your own destiny! Don't remain colonials in the eyes of the Brit ruling class. Personally speaking after breaking with the British crown I recommend the breaking up of the Canadian state into native/English speaking/French speaking homelands ( I admire the Western Canada idea) but this is not for me to decide. Having your own head of state will not diminish my solidarity towards Canadians of European descent.
    I suggest you go blow yourself. The last thing Canada needs is to completely trash its functional political system for an inherently flawed one, and cutting ties with the Crown simply negates a large part of our European heritage. Natives, Muslims, Jews, and who knows who else would just love to see Canada no longer be a constitution monarchy. Why you feel the same way is beyond me.

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 11th, 2010 @ 01:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Wales, England, Ireland, Vinland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Gender
    Age
    32
    Politics
    National Socialist
    Religion
    Atheist; Christian/Pagan
    Posts
    376
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Of the two sites given, one shows Europeans, the other shows a Marxist mix. I think it is obvious which is better.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Berrocscir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    Saturday, July 27th, 2019 @ 12:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Oxon, Bucks and Ulster
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Location
    North Wessex
    Gender
    Age
    49
    Politics
    Nationalism, Neoreactionary
    Religion
    God the father
    Posts
    677
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Oh dear, I apolgise for upsetting you.

    I'm an Englishman, living in England (unfortunately in my opinion, England is part of the UK) The UK Monarchy embraces multiculturalism, immigrants, left-liberalism, Islam etc etc) Why feel a loyalty to that? I've no problem with royalists, life's too short to worry about such trifles, but don't be fooled into thinking that the Windsors are the most PC family/Instituation on the planet.

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 12:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    German
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Gender
    Posts
    1,053
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Berrocscir View Post
    Oh dear, I apolgise for upsetting you.

    I'm an Englishman, living in England (unfortunately in my opinion, England is part of the UK) The UK Monarchy embraces multiculturalism, immigrants, left-liberalism, Islam etc etc) Why feel a loyalty to that? I've no problem with royalists, life's too short to worry about such trifles, but don't be fooled into thinking that the Windsors are the most PC family/Instituation on the planet.
    I'm quite certain that they don't "embrace" these things; they're in a position where they have to adapt to the political and social realities brought about by democracy, "left-liberalism", and capitalism. That can and should change. Society has to go back to viewing monarchs as holding their position by divine right--that means doing away with quack secular political philosophies that emerged during the 19th century bent on undermining their authority. Monarchies are inherently conservative, and conservatism thrives on social stability--stability is always under threat in a multicultural society.

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 11th, 2010 @ 01:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Wales, England, Ireland, Vinland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Gender
    Age
    32
    Politics
    National Socialist
    Religion
    Atheist; Christian/Pagan
    Posts
    376
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardisten View Post
    I'm quite certain that they don't "embrace" these things; they're in a position where they have to adapt to the political and social realities brought about by democracy, "left-liberalism", and capitalism. That can and should change. Society has to go back to viewing monarchs as holding their position by divine right--that means doing away with quack secular political philosophies that emerged during the 19th century bent on undermining their authority. Monarchies are inherently conservative, and conservatism thrives on social stability--stability is always under threat in a multicultural society.
    He does hold some points. The Queen has done absolutely nothing against multiculturalism when she infact does have powers to do things against it (or simply speak out, at least). Charles also openly admits he loves Muslims and Jews, so I would not put faith in him either.

    The benefit comes from the system existing, not the people who are currently in it. I would rather a parliament government than a republic. Just simply take a look at Europe compared to the US to see the difference it makes for nationalist parties.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    RedJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 @ 08:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Saxon
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Alberta Alberta
    Location
    Alberta
    Gender
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    1,847
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardisten View Post
    I suggest you go blow yourself. The last thing Canada needs is to completely trash its functional political system for an inherently flawed one, and cutting ties with the Crown simply negates a large part of our European heritage. Natives, Muslims, Jews, and who knows who else would just love to see Canada no longer be a constitution monarchy. Why you feel the same way is beyond me.
    I shudder to think what sort of politically correct, multicultural abortion the politicians would foist on us if Canadians were foolish enough to allow them to reform the constitutional arrangements at this point in time. Anyway, the current system works well and is traditional.
    Don't let Europe Rule Britannia!

    "If we reunited, then we would be an economic and military powerhouse without peer for centuries to come."-Leofric

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Pilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    Monday, September 7th, 2009 @ 11:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, England, Norway, South Africa
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    State
    British Columbia British Columbia
    Gender
    Politics
    Republican (not American party)
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Posts
    67
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If it aint broke, don't fix it? Its worked for centuries...

    Gardisten, your remark on going back to the 'divine right of Kings' theory...what happens when governments claim the same right. Cannot a (insert hated form of government here) claim the same right if it is re-accepted?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Aemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    Monday, May 2nd, 2011 @ 03:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Franco-Norman/Anglo Canadian
    Ancestry
    Normandy; North-West England
    Subrace
    Borreby-DaloFaelid/AngloSaxon
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Location
    Ottawa
    Gender
    Family
    Married, happily
    Religion
    Heathen
    Posts
    157
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    If it aint broke, don't fix it? Its worked for centuries...

    Gardisten, your remark on going back to the 'divine right of Kings' theory...what happens when governments claim the same right. Cannot a (insert hated form of government here) claim the same right if it is re-accepted?
    I doubt any government elected by the people would ever be able to make claims of divine right of Kings. It would be political suicide to act in accordance with any such line of delusional thinking. We might be pushovers as the Canadian electorate but we're not crazy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Berrocscir View Post
    I say go for it Canadians - take control of your own destiny! Don't remain colonials in the eyes of the Brit ruling class. Personally speaking after breaking with the British crown I recommend the breaking up of the Canadian state into native/English speaking/French speaking homelands ( I admire the Western Canada idea) but this is not for me to decide. Having your own head of state will not diminish my solidarity towards Canadians of European descent.

    Interesting comments Berrocscir. Canada's always had control of her own destiny I should say and we've always been a sight better off than all of you across the pond precisely because there's always been a pond between us and the Motherland. Out of sight, out of mind as they say and it worked well to our advantage.

    As for remaining colonials in the eyes of the Brit ruling class, we're not! We do have our own constitution now you know. And as for this word "colonial", it's funny but around here it denotes a certain style of furniture and not people. It truly really is only you blokes that see us as colonials. We've not seen ourselves as that in centuries, thankfully!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Saxons in the Republic of Macedonia
    By Sasa in forum Germanic Diaspora, Enclaves, & Influences
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Monday, November 7th, 2016, 10:56 AM
  2. Republic, Monarchy or Despotism
    By GroeneWolf in forum Political Theory
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Saturday, May 3rd, 2008, 07:31 PM
  3. Second Vermont Republic - The Green Mountain Independence Movement
    By Frans_Jozef in forum The United States
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sunday, May 29th, 2005, 12:33 AM
  4. Republic vs Monarchy
    By Furius in forum Australia & New Zealand
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Friday, December 17th, 2004, 07:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •