Two sisters
    Occupation
    Wyrd-weaver
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

American Idiots

The dumbing down of America has allowed an alien intelligentsia to retain power and increase their control over the country.ShareThis

More...

Last Online
    Monday, May 30th, 2011 @ 09:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cohee
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    electrical engineer
    Politics
    immoderate
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    There are 225 million people over 18 years old and 146 million do not have a college degree. Only 20 million have a Master’s degree or better.
    I don't think its necessary for more people to have college/university degrees. High School and college has been dumbed down to the point that there are jobs in technical areas that now require a college degree that 50-75 years ago would need only high school graduates. My one friend who's an electrical engineer in his 40s always would go on rants about our so-called "higher education." He showed me this 8th grade text-book from the first years of the 1900s where they were teaching students subjects in mathematics that I did not see until my junior year for my engineering degree.
    Whole thing makes me wish that my parents were able to home-school me.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Out of those 225 million people, roughly 20 000 might be suited for a higher academic education. The actual number is way too high.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    mainly UP
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Natural Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Out of those 225 million people, roughly 20 000 might be suited for a higher academic education. The actual number is way too high.
    20.000 might be to low. But I think that one roughly may say that 1% of the people are really suited for an academic carreer in science, research, liberal arts, teaching, writing literature and the like. Another 10% is suited for positions of leadership that require some theoretical knowledge. While another 30% should be capable to do supervisory or managerial tasks. The rest it seems can be taught something well structured like technicians, bookkeepers and sales people. If you push this later group up you will automatical have a problem with dumbing down higher education. They may pass the tests, but what is the real substance of their knowledge.

I consider subsidized public schooling the root of all evil. It undermines parental authority and anyone regardless of character can achieve access to higher education. If the parents had to pay true prices only those that value higher education would have children entering that carreer pass.
    "And God proclaims as a first principle to the rulers, and above all else, that there is nothing which they should so anxiously guard, or of which they are to be such good guardians, as of the purity of the race. They should observe what elements mingle in their offspring;..." Plato Politeia

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 07:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon & Swedish
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgam View Post
    I don't think its necessary for more people to have college/university degrees. High School and college has been dumbed down to the point that there are jobs in technical areas that now require a college degree that 50-75 years ago would need only high school graduates. My one friend who's an electrical engineer in his 40s always would go on rants about our so-called "higher education." He showed me this 8th grade text-book from the first years of the 1900s where they were teaching students subjects in mathematics that I did not see until my junior year for my engineering degree.
    Whole thing makes me wish that my parents were able to home-school me.
    I have noticed the same thing here. Even in the past 10-20 years the level of subjects taught in our universities has fallen. For example, during my degree (2004-2007) I often checked old exams to test myself before the actual one. Those exams from only 10 years ago were a lot more difficult than the ones I sat. And it is continuing - my brother is spending the first year of his university degree studying material which was taught to me two years before I finished high school.

Last Online
    Wednesday, February 9th, 2011 @ 04:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Family
    Married
    Religion
    Empiricist + Rationalist Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horagalles View Post
    20.000 might be to low. But I think that one roughly may say that 1% of the people are really suited for an academic carreer in science, research, liberal arts, teaching, writing literature and the like

I consider subsidized public schooling the root of all evil. It undermines parental authority and anyone regardless of character can achieve access to higher education. If the parents had to pay true prices only those that value higher education would have children entering that carreer pass.
    The current situation of only circa 1-2% of general population are suitable for an academic career / research career is caused by the society itself. Currently our society does not encourage enough to the children and teenager in their preparation of the academic background for academic research. We are currently in 21st century, and what we genuinely need is innovation. Therefore, our children are supposed to be equipped with knowledge and skills that foster innovation, instead of staying in the archaic model of "vocational training", and encouraging them to watch TV / playing video games like the adults did.

My experience is that children should be given the best opportunities to explore their interest in certain academic disciplines. Parents have the responsiblities to prepare them for the higher education early, and to be a good role model for their children--- having a disciplined and ordered living habit, actively encouraging them to be interested in math/engineering since a young age (preferrably before age 6). Keep them from watching TV, or buy them shiny clothes, get them play some abstract games, and encourage them to analyse problems. The key is to get the children interested in study, and to make most of them ready for creating an innovation-based society.

We, Germanic people, are supposed to be the most advanced mankind throughout the world. Our world is getting more globalised than ever. Our higher education attracts students worldwide. These globalised exposure are surely beneficial for Germanic society as well, because we could learn from the experience in other societies. Currently the students from China and India, the 2 most populous nations in the world which contributes to roughly 40% of world population, are known for their high achievement. Innovation-based education are getting more valued in those societies than before.

In Germanic societies, currently there are insufficient adaptation to the changing world in our education. Here, there are more parents spoiling their children with all the low-end commercial products and ideologies than encouraging them to equip for being competitive in the globalised world. Germanic people are having the best intelligence in the world. Forget about those stupid statements stating Asians are ahead of ours, those research must be flawed. We are having the best intelligence, so we should not be satisfied with a mediocre education for our children. We should aim at preparing the most competitive breed of children in an innovation-based society, instead of encouraging degenerative foreign influences such as the current popular culture to our children.

Quote Originally Posted by Matamoros View Post
    I have noticed the same thing here. Even in the past 10-20 years the level of subjects taught in our universities has fallen. For example, during my degree (2004-2007) I often checked old exams to test myself before the actual one. Those exams from only 10 years ago were a lot more difficult than the ones I sat. And it is continuing - my brother is spending the first year of his university degree studying material which was taught to me two years before I finished high school.
    These attitudes has to be changed. Students are not supposed to aiming solely in their exams--- they should aim at achieving the highest standard they could.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, September 6th, 2020 @ 11:21 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I don't believe alot of this, yes our people are have become less educated. Some of the biggest idots I have ever met had degrees from some of the "best" schools. You can only oppress people for so long before they turn and bite you. Education does not always make the man smarter. A prime example of this, a metalurgist from MIT was watching me forgeweld and said it was imposable and could not be done despite watching me do it.

Life is a better teacher that most people think
    By the way I am not against education, I have a MS from a large mid-western school.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 05:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horagalles View Post
    20.000 might be to low. But I think that one roughly may say that 1% of the people are really suited for an academic carreer in science, research, liberal arts, teaching, writing literature and the like. Another 10% is suited for positions of leadership that require some theoretical knowledge. While another 30% should be capable to do supervisory or managerial tasks. The rest it seems can be taught something well structured like technicians, bookkeepers and sales people. If you push this later group up you will automatical have a problem with dumbing down higher education. They may pass the tests, but what is the real substance of their knowledge.

Yes but what about smart, hard working, talented people who can't afford college? They pay back society through taxes and productivity and it also levels out the ability of wealth to make more wealth by giving poor people opportunities.

As far as the dumbing down of school- totally true. Jobs that used to require noting but on the job training become vocational training and then later you need a college degree to do it. People are learning middle school level material in high school and high school level material in college. Yet a good parent can get around this simply by having their child take "college" courses in high school (which they now offer) and by going to a more prestigious college. But even here you have to challenge yourself in some ways. You can either go to school with the attitude that all you want to do is pass tests or you can go with the attitude that you really want to learn something and get somethng useful out of it. You can't force that on people that student has to want it.

I really don't see the point of the huge expense to baby sit people well into adulthood through public education. I don't see why dumb people can't just drop out like they used to instead of spending twice as much time to learn the same material and racking up huge public costs the whole time. Not only that but also dragging down the more talented students. It all comes from this segment of society which wants to create a false equality that just isn't there. This theory that if you drill enough education into a retard or imbecile he'll suddenly become smart. These ridiculous social theories which are easily disproven are the heart of a lot of society's problems.