Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts

Mad Swimmers Are Told to Wear Burkinis

Swimmers are told to wear burkinis
    British swimming pools are imposing Muslim dress codes in a move described as divisive by Labour MPs.

By Patrick Sawer
    Published: 9:00PM BST 15 Aug 2009

UK councils running restricted swimming session for Muslims

Under the rules, swimmers – including non-Muslims – are barred from entering the pool in normal swimming attire.

Instead they are told that they must comply with the "modest" code of dress required by Islamic custom, with women covered from the neck to the ankles and men, who swim separately, covered from the navel to the knees.

The phenomenon runs counter to developments in France, where last week a woman was evicted from a public pool for wearing a burkini – the headscarf, tunic and trouser outfit which allows Muslim women to preserve their modesty in the water.

The 35-year-old, named only as Carole, is threatening legal action after she was told by pool officials in Emerainville, east of Paris, that she could not wear the outfit on hygiene grounds.

But across the UK municipal pools are holding swimming sessions specifically aimed at Muslims, in some case imposing strict dress codes.

Croydon council in south London runs separate one-and-a half-hour swimming sessions for Muslim men and women every Saturday and Sunday at Thornton Heath Leisure Centre.

Swimmers were told last week on the centre's website that "during special Muslim sessions male costumes must cover the body from the navel to the knee and females must be covered from the neck to the ankles and wrists".

There are similar rules at Scunthorpe Leisure Centre, in North Lincolnshire, where "users must follow the required dress code for this session (T-shirts and shorts/leggings that cover below the knee)".

In Glasgow, a men-only swimming session is organised by a local mosque group at North Woodside Leisure Centre, at which swimmers must be covered from navel to knee.

At a women-only class organised by a Muslim teacher at Blackbird Leys Swimming Pool, Oxford, to encourage Muslim women to learn to swim, most participants wear "modest" outfits although normal costumes are permitted.

The dress codes have provoked an angry reaction among critics who say they encourage division and resentment between Muslims and non-Muslims, putting strain on social cohesion.

Ian Cawsey, the Labour MP for the North Lincolnshire constituency of Brigg and Goole, said: "Of course swimming pools have basic codes of dress but it should not go beyond that.

"I don't think that in a local authority pool I should have to wear a particular type of clothes for the benefit of someone else. That's not integration or cohesion."

Labour MP Anne Cryer, whose Keighley, West Yorkshire constituency has a large number of Muslims, said: "Unfortunately this kind of thing has a negative impact on community relations.

"It's seen as yet another demand for special treatment. I can't see why special clothing is needed for what is a single-sex session."

Muslim swimming sessions are also held at a number of state schools around the country. At Loxford School in Ilford, east London, a local Muslim group organises weekly sessions for Muslim men, with the warning that "it is compulsory for the body to be covered between the navel and the knees.

"Anyone not adhering to the dress code or rules within the pool will not be allowed to swim".

The practice of holding special Muslim swimming sessions has led to non-Muslims being turned away.

David Toube, 39 and his five year old son Harry were last year refused entry to Clissold Leisure Centre, in Hackney, east London, after being told the Sunday morning swimming session was for Muslim men only.

Council officials later said staff had made a mistake and both Mr Toube, a corporate lawyer, and his son should have been admitted.

After discovering the rules at Thornton Heath one Croydon resident, 34-year-old Alex Craig, said: "I think it is preposterous that a council should be encouraging this type of segregation over municipal facilities.

"Surely if Muslims want to swim then they should just turn up with their modest swimwear at the same time as everyone else."

Douglas Murray, director of the Centre for Social Cohesion, last night condemned the practice. He said: "This kind of thing is extremely divisive.

"Non-Muslims see these extremist demands as an example of Muslims wanting things to fit into their lifestyle, when there aren't similar things organised for Hindus, Buddhists or Jews.

"It also puts moderate Muslims in an awkward position as it suggests, wrongly, that they are not devout enough, simply because they choose not to cover themselves in a shroud in a pool."

A press officer at Croydon council, which introduced Muslim-only swimming in 2006, claimed that the wording on the website was a mistake and the dress code should be regarded as a suggestion rather than a requirement.

The website was late changed to remove the reference to the dress code.

However, an official at the leisure centre said the dress code remained compulsory.

Earlier, defending the segregation policy, a Croydon council spokesman said: "We appreciate that certain religious groups, such as Muslims, have strict rules on segregation for activities including sports, so in response to requests from the local community, we have been running these sessions at Thornton Heath Leisure Centre."

Source
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 10:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    It's kind of telling, and ridiculous to see what this perverse stride for "integration" has become - the attempt to integrate the autochtonous population into the immigrant population.

Mildly positively surprising is that a Labour MP has shown at least some backbone, even if it is out of reasons totally contrary to why we would demand such idiotic dress code stipulations to be banned.

I see how swimming wear these days is somewhat immodest, and that some wear Bikinis that are ever more revealing --- but what stops pools from stating that orthodox swimming suits be required, why the need to go to the extreme just for the sake of bending over backwards to accomodate the Muslims?
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

Last Online
    Monday, February 28th, 2011 @ 10:30 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    French, Zeelandic, Dutch.
    Subrace
    CeltoGermanic
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    None
    Religion
    Racial occultism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I wouldn't even step in the same water 100 days after a muslim even touched it, its because of my religion, it tells me i go to hell if i touch a muslim or swim in the same water they have touched, they are unclean you know, they eat and play in their own shit

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietsch View Post
    I wouldn't even step in the same water 100 days after a muslim even touched it, its because of my religion, it tells me i go to hell if i touch a muslim or swim in the same water they have touched, they are unclean you know, they eat and play in their own shit
    You are ill-disposed towards peace loving Muslims? You spoilt, unthankful white brat - these guys are the backbone of our society! ... RACIST!!!! Behead those who criticise Islam!!! 11!!oneleven!1!

Last Online
    Sunday, March 8th, 2020 @ 04:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    667 Posts
    If it all werent so absurd, it would make for a good laugh...

"Anyone not adhering to the dress code or rules within the pool will not be allowed to swim".
    WTF??? Racism!!! Discrimination!!!

Where is the stupid ADL now, eh?
    Ah, right, only British people are excluded from their tax-money paid leisure centres, that's not racism, that's just anti-white-racism, not so bad, no?
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    Ah, right, only British people are excluded from their tax-money paid leisure centres, that's not racism, that's just anti-white-racism, not so bad, no?
    If you follow the reasoning of Swedish politicians, jurists and ombudsmen, then yes: In Sweden, it has been held that since the ethnic discrimination laws were brought in to protect ethnic minorities, they could not apply to native Swedes.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon & Swedish
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    There's only one word to describe this - disgusting.

I can't believe that people who work at the pools actually try to enforce women-only or muslim-only or dress codes!

Everything I hear coming out of Britain suggests that the native inhabitants have long since lost their spine.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 @ 12:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Hopefully the added weight from these "burkinis" makes them more prone to drowning. The whole lot of them .
    "Life; it kills 100% of those who experience it."

Last Online
    Monday, May 29th, 2017 @ 10:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Denmark
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Reason
    Religion
    Science
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    The point making me angry is not to see these people wearing their strage, religious uniforms while swimming, they shall be allowed to wear them if they must. Jedem das Seine.

However, it makes me sick to hear ANYONE participating in these swimming activities has to stick to THEIR rules. I mean, what the hell, the UK is supposed to be a liberal, western country! How can it be threatening or even offensive to any sane person living in the 21. century to see that bit of skin a regular swimming dress isn't covering? And even if it is, how is a PUBLIC institution like a swimming hall supposed to consider personal/religious dislikes of a MINORITY?

I say, if you can't stand to see a man/woman in a regular swimming dress, how about staying at home at all and leaving the rest of society alone with your religious bigottry?

Still, the worst of stories like this one is the fact that most politicians from the liberal corner (typically the left-liberal) still remain silent about such issues, fearing to upset these religious minorities or breaking the code of political correctness. Tolerance has to work both ways, or else it's nothing but socio-political bondage. Anyone who really fears to upset people while doing the right thing is wrong in the branche of politics to me.

How I wished other western liberals would finally understand tis. In this example it's really only a matter of swim dresses, no big deal. But where does this lead us? Dear fellow liberals, for the sake of the very essence and foundation of our western democracy, our personal freedom, please finally burst the chains of so called "political correctness" and say what can't stay untold!
    "Lever dot as slav."

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 @ 12:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Easier said than done, mate! I'd be happy to see some videos or read some news of the European peoples speaking out against Islam and it stranglehold.
    "Life; it kills 100% of those who experience it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast