Country
    United States United States
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Classify This Baath Party Official

Can you folks please try and classify this high-ranking official of the former Baath Party in Iraq.

He is Ibrihim Izzat Al-Duri. He has pale fair skin, a red moustache and hair.
    Not sure about his eye color. Facial features and structure do not seem Semitic. Is he a throw-back to the Crusades ?
    A Kelt or a Frank in his bloodline ?

Sorry the most of the photos I'm posting have him wearing a beret.
    At least one photo shows him bare-headed.

I have my ideas on his ancestry. But I'm not an expert. Can anyone classify him ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adDouri.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	102313   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	izzat.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	102314   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	return_of_issat_Ibrahim_ba%20copy.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	102315  

Last Online
    Tuesday, December 8th, 2009 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    United States United States
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    In the one photo of him with Saddam, he looks rather English or Scottish !
    Maybe he descended from a Crusader who fouht in that region back in the Crusades ?
    He looks unmixed without any dark Arab/Semite/Hamite blood.

Last Online
    Friday, December 28th, 2018 @ 07:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    There have been a couple of threads about him before, the best being this one from 2004

the best info is on the 2nd page, but the first has a hilarious broken-english post from portuguese member 'pedro' (I remember this from the first time) which claims his look is due to leukemia/treatment for leukemia:

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro
    He had leukemia

He is a total irradiated man.

He is not normal, he is a total insanity.

I can remember (?) his daughter was the wife of a son of Saddam Hussein, Uday or Qusay, and she was a normal arab girl ( or not redhaired).

I think, he could be redhaired because he is a total insane, irradiated with radioactivity, man.

- I don't know if this is true, neither do I know if it's possible to obtain such an apperance through leukemia/chemotherapy.

other theories:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Solar Wolff
    I have seen a blond Syrian and a Syrian-German girl who told me her father, the Syrian, had blond hair and green eyes. There must be a small minority of Arabs who have light pigmentation, especially the northern Arabs. There is a family who have a small business near me who are tall, dark, and procumbent, Arabs. I assume they are Saudi but have never asked. These people are tall but have narrow shoulders and long arms. The 18 year old girl has braces which are a mistake in her case. These are people we think of as Arabs but Arabs vary greatly. North African (Berber and older Bushman-like elements) are even more divergent from the Arab mainstream although they are usually classified as "Arabs" in the popular mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenlivet
    Yes, there are blonde (light-haired and/or light-eyed) Syrians and Lebanese, but a Scandinavian would never mistake them with a native, simply because their bodily constitution and morphology are very different. The only case the morphology would clearly stand out is if the individual also have ancestors from a foreign enough anthropological zone, recent or ancient from Northern Europe, Russia or NW Caucasus.

The original ("real") Arabs are the Bedouins.

The blondness among Arabs often come with a very high ("tower skull") and short skull. Take a look if the individuals you know have such a skull. They are more often than not of the "Syrian" (or Syrid, actually Armenid-Arabid, lower-skulled than the Armenid) type.

We should also keep in mind that Syria, Lebanon and Jordan (e.g. Circassian immigration) had many Caucasus immigrants. It is something really well known, Razmig and rusalka can probably tell you what they know as well.

Regarding Berbers (Imazighen), HLA genes studies showed that also most non-Berber North Africans are to a large extent culturally and linguistically arabised.

HLA genes in Arabic-speaking Moroccans: close relatedness to Berbers and Iberians.

Population genetic relationships between Mediterranean populations determined by HLA allele distribution and a historic perspective ("(5) Iberians, including Basques, are related to north-African Berbers. 6) Present-day Algerian and Moroccan urban and country people show an indistinguishable Berber HLA profile.)"
    No definative answer, but it's worth remembering the red-haired mummies found from egypt, the red-haired Caucasoid Tocharian mummy from China, and the original inhabitants of the Canaries who had red hair (if I remember rightly, they were related to Berbers). Maybe he has genes from an ancient population like this which have survived and expressed themselves in his phenotype?