Nationalist
    Religion
    Deist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    Sorry, is this an answer to my question? Should German immigrants to the USA identify as American, or not?
    Yes, they should, and they should be allowed.

I think many of the comments on this thread are plain ignorant, from both the Europeans and the Americans.

First of all, Germanics who emigrate from Europe to America should be considered Americans, and they should call themselves Americans. They should assimilate, as they are and have always been considered as fellow Whites in America and have always been accepted by the Old Stock British Americans since the begginning.

The Europeans on this forum who deem them "traitors" are incredibly ignorant to call them such names, because they are moving to America, and should blend in with the Anglo-Americans who have accepted them. As long as they don't go along with the modern American rubbish culture, and try to promote the multicultural filth, they should by no means be called traitors.

The Americans (Canadians as well) on this forum who are of German heritage should be proud of being Americans, and should band together with the British Americans, as they are brothers.

Seriously, to all the German-Americans who try to act all "German" and denounce their "Americanness"....please, give it up already. The Germans don't want you back. Stay in America and follow the customs of the country.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 @ 11:48 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German/Dutch/Austrian/Danish
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloTeutonic View Post
    The Americans (Canadians as well) on this forum who are of German heritage should be proud of being Americans, and should band together with the British Americans, as they are brothers.

Seriously, to all the German-Americans who try to act all "German" and denounce their "Americanness"....please, give it up already. The Germans don't want you back. Stay in America and follow the customs of the country.
    The most prevalent ethnicity in the United States is German, followed by Irish then African American. The English are only 8.7% of the population. In my experience, our culture is pretty German/Irish, with little English culture south of New York. Just wanted to set the record straight.

Source

Anachronism
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    461 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    To be honest, I wouldn't like this topic to turn into another one of those 20 page German vs. American arguments. As interesting as those disagreements are, there are threads about those already.
    Could people here just focus on my original question? Thanks.
    Alright, I will do so quite plainly. If they are Germanic, they are welcome here, as far as I'm concerned. If they want to identify as "American," I really don't care. I would be so happy to see a kindred face instead of more mexicans, I probably wouldn't care if they were stark raving mad.

Now, Todesengel, could you answer me this, please.. would you prefer to have myself or a turk as a neighbor?

Quote Originally Posted by Torch_Bearer View Post
    Heh.. I was in a restaurant not far from that statue of Baron von Steuben, and there was either a Turk or an Italian guy working there (sometimes it's hard to tell the difference, and the guy didn't speak English), when this German man who looked like he was in his 50's walks in and started verbally lambasting the worker. I didn't know much German at the time (or even still) but I heard him say "Auslander," "Volk," and "Deutschland" quite a bit. He was obviously telling the worker he wasn't German, never would be German, and had no place in Germany. It was quite a scene.

I was the only other guy in the restaurant, and when the German guy saw me he came over to my table saying "mein Freund." He evidently thought I was German and wanted me to join him in razzing the immigrant, so right before I told him "ich spreche nicht Deutsch" I thought to myself I was going to have to put up my dukes since despite his age he looked like he could put up a good fight.

He was totally cool though, he just smiled, chuckled a bit, and took off.

So maybe you're right about Potsdam. I have just always been led to believe (from net-nazis anyway) that Americans are targeted for beatings in that area.
    I would have liked to have bought him a drink. Sounds like he might have had a few already though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bärin View Post
    National communist.
    What are you talking about anyway? The one who owns this forum is an American of Anglo-Saxon ancestry and he doesn't consider himself to be a German.
    Would you mind explaining what you mean by national communism?

Not that I would know first hand, but the best thing about having the DDR was, I think, that it was more or less homogeneous and non-materialistic, which promoted a cohesive community. But I think this may have happened there not necessarily because of the communist system, but because of policies meant to isolate the communist state from the capitalist one.

And I don't know if perhaps you and others were referring to me earlier about considering myself to be German, but since I don't live in Germany, I can't say that I do. The only honest nationality I can claim is "Germanic," because american society has become so corrupted and twisted and overrun by third worlders that I have to say I hold very little allegiance to this multicultural hellhole anymore. That was confirmed when they elected an african illegal alien as president. He's not valid, and neither is the rest of the bought-and-paid-for government here. If I'm a traitor, so be it. If I have a choice between loyalty to my people or loyalty to a corrupt, jew dominated, anti-White government, guess which side I will pick? I did say somewhere that if it were 1942 I would take apart the railroad tracks to hinder the war effort, but I think the world wars were evil, fratricidal things arranged by the jewish cultural marxists to destroy the Germanic people on BOTH sides, so I would oppose that by any means necessary.

One of the reasons I really get angry at the enmity I see in these German vs American threads is that it raises the ghost of this ugly, evil era again. To survive, we Germanic people worldwide must be unshakable kindred and never fight among ourselves again. The international jew is just that.. international. To allow him to play us against each other is idiotic. We should be the international Germanic people, who do nothing that is not good for US. I support regional Germanic cultures, but if, say, Hrodnand wants to move to Norway, fine. Let it be a limited thing, but more limited by strong regional communities providing an extended family for everyone in those communities. I also understand his particular situation in needing to seek this out, since every day I feel like more of an alien in the land of my birth, as well. We derive our strength from our communities, not from being parasites like the jews. We should not be pushing each other away like this.. especially when it is a matter of moral support for each others' communities over a message board. From the way some of you seem to feel, it sounds like many Germans would consider it much more horrible to have a Germanic from another land living there than it would to have turks or africans or gypsies. We certainly seem to be spending more energy fighting each other than fighting the third world invaders or their enablers.

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 @ 03:45 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Engaged
    Politics
    Not liberal
    Religion
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagna View Post
    European countries are not better off than the US. In fact, I believe some of them are in a worst state, so we cannot contaminate them as you say.
    I suppose that is up to debate. American culture tries to be a meltingpot of all of the cultures of its immigrants, or at least many of its citizens try to make it so. It depends on what you mean by "worst state."

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freigeistige View Post
    The most prevalent ethnicity in the United States is German, followed by Irish then African American. The English are only 8.7% of the population. In my experience, our culture is pretty German/Irish, with little English culture south of New York. Just wanted to set the record straight.

Source
    That's not really correct. English is often not considered an ethnicity, so people don't report themselves as English. For example someone who is 75% English (or British) and 25% Irish will usually report himself as being "irish". Even though more Irish and Germans immigrated to America there is at least as much (if not more) English blood because the English came earlier and had a lot of children (they were averaging about 8 children a family in colonial days, sometimes more). A similar thing happens with European blood when it crosses with others. Some people who are 95% European ancestory and 5% Native will classify themselves as "Native American". Similar with people who have one drop of black or anything else in them.

Secondly the blood is one thing. Culture is another. The culture is mostly English in the United States. All the way down from customs, languages, government etc. It was greatly influenced by German customs and other fusions but is at its core English.

At any rate back to the original question- Germans in America if they keep their original language and have a seperate culture are then German-Americans. If they assimilate into the culture they are simply white Americans. They aren't German though. I've never heard of anyone born here and without the culture still thinking they are a German. they might say "I'm German" meaning their blood is German but they don't think they are nationally German. At any rate nations today aren't about blood, but just economic and governing units. Racially they will say they are German because people mistake blood/genetics with race. Its not a correct use of the term so technically they aren't of the German race, just of the German bloodline. Most people don't think too deep about it though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rainman For This Useful Post:

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 10:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossi View Post
    How about a third option, they are TRAITORS to their nation, which is about blood AND soil.
    How can they be traitors to the nation, if it was their parents or grandparents that emigrated to that particular place?
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sigurd For This Useful Post:

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 11:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Interesting question. There are several German-Swiss people that live in the township that I live in. They came here from Switzerland when they were in their 20s/30s, made a killing ($$), continue to live here...and yet they constantly bitch & moan about America & Americans.

I shake my head at this one. No one is making them stay here. I mean, it's not like we have nationalized healthcare.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Allenson For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Friday, October 27th, 2017 @ 05:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Continental Europe
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Single
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have no problem for 1st or 2nd generation German-Americans, Irish-Americans or whatever Northern European country your folk came from and identifying as "American." In my opinion, only Northern European-Americans (Celtic, Germanic, Baltic, Finnic) descent can be called really truly "American" whether you are a 12th generation Northern European diaspora American or first generation Northern European-American is irrelevant in my opinion.

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 @ 07:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Scottish issued from Germanised-Slavic Vikings
    Ancestry
    Borderlands
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I'd certainly consider them more American than 'African-Americans'....That's my opinion.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BurgMeister For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Ancestry
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    310 Posts
    Only offspring of Germanic immigrants with Germanic colonists can make Americans. The rest are just poseurs, although they're certainly welcome to be so devoted. None of us wants malingering.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234