View Poll Results: Why don't you want/have any children?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • I just don't want children.

10 9.90%
  • I'm infertile or have a physical problem which prevents me from having children.

9 8.91%
  • I consider myself too young to be a parent.

24 23.76%
  • I consider myself too old to be a parent.

6 5.94%
  • I don't consider myself yet ready to be a parent. (psychologically etc. )

29 28.71%
  • I don't afford it financially/I've no stable job/finances and income and I'd like to have one first.

38 37.62%
  • I'd prefer to finish my studies first.

30 29.70%
  • I haven't found a partner yet.

56 55.45%
  • My relationship isn't old/stable enough, and I'd like to make sure the one I'm dating is the right one to have children with.

12 11.88%
  • My partner doesn't want children and I've yet to persuade him/her.

4 3.96%
  • I'm still undecided whether I want children or not.

13 12.87%
  • I am concerned about overpopulation.

12 11.88%
  • I want to focus on my career.

29 28.71%
  • Other / Specify.

15 14.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031

Thread: Why Don't You Want/Have Children?

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 15th, 2019 @ 02:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian American
    Ancestry
    Norwegian, German
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Pan-Germanic
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    A combination of too young, not financially stable enough (on my own) and don't yet have the right partner for marriage and children. I'd like to have some though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wyrd For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Geto-Dacian & German (Moldova, Transylvania, Austrian Empire, Mecklenburg)
    Óðins mær
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blod og Jord View Post
    But there is also positive about Romania in Scandinavia, Swedish/Nordic nationalists for example sometime use the image of this man, who was a Romanian nationalist I think:

I'm glad to read about this! He's one of my favourite Romanians, and he had German ancestry too, a great-grandfather from Bukowina (who actually came from Bavaria).
    Too bad they killed him... like they did with some other great Romanians too... And he didn't have any offspring, excepting the inspiring writings we left behind. By the way, were his writings translated into any of the Nordic languages? Or just into English?

Many times I was thinking about all these great men who didn't have any children, but who left behind great ideals, great ideas, inspiring writings and things like that. I guess in a lifetime you have to choose between things, you cannot do everything. I feel more inspired by men, and heroes, who left behind them more valuable things, that transcend time, and I wish to leave behind me, after I'll be gone from this lifetime, something more valuable than just offspring. Of course it's important that some of us have children too, but some others are meant to do something else with their lives. Now this is another reason for me not to have children, I'd prefer to focus my creative energy on other types of things, and I guess my purpose in this life is much more closer to that.

Now this is the art of being off and on topic at the same time.

Scandinavians usually can't related to the Southern European, Italian-like stereotype of extraversion, but since you relate more to the German side of your ancestry I don't think you should have problems fitting in. I don't know how Romanian culture is like but I suppose it's more a mix than truly Slavic or truly Romanic.
    I can't relate to that stereotype either. In fact Romanian culture is not Slavic, it's more like an island in that part of Europe surrounded by Slavic people. It is still debated to which it belongs, actually some scholars say that the ancestors of Daco-Romanian people may have been the ancestors of all European folks, their origin. This would explain many things about the Romanian language, but this theory is not officially accepted. Romanian language seems to have many things in common with Sanskrit. And it is much more closer to Latin than Italian language is (it seems that the Dacian language was in fact the mother of the Latin language spoken in the Roman empire, otherwise there is no valid explanation why Romanian language has so many similarities with Latin language, when just a little part of ancient Dacia was under Roman occupation and just for a short period of time). Some scholars also debate these names, Daci (the Romanian for Dacians), Deutsch and Dutch, that sound very similar... Also a lot of archaeological discovers trace the culture from that geographical area very far back in time...

On the other hand there is a belief in the West that the East is less multiculturalised than we are. Some Germanics are even considering moving to Central or Eastern Europe (Hungary is also seen as a good model in terms of European culture) to escape the multicultural mess.
    Yes, that's true! Actually I'm shocked at the multiculturalism I see in Norway! I didn't expect it to be like that, after many years while I was in Romania. I've heard that too, that many Germans who moved out from Romania after second world war, or at least their offsprings, want to come back. I think Siebenbürgerin posted something about that a while ago. The good part of Romania having a bad image internationally is that immigrants and refugees wouldn't want to go there. So there are no problems with that in Romania, at least not at the scale it is in the West and the North. The problems there are different though. To be honest I expected Norway to be not that messed up by multiculturalism, but things went much more worse in just a few years than I expected. However, in the North-Eastern part of Romania the Jews wanted to create the new Israel and I suppose they didn't give up that plan. I've heard that a huge number of Jews were given Romanian citizenship in the last several years, even if they are not in Romania at the moment. Not sure what they are planning about that, but the fact is that in the last decades the population of Romania decreased considerably, with many young Romanians emigrating to other countries (especially from North-Eastern part of Romania, which seems to be kept the poorest on purpose). This is a problem there. And especially the intellectuals, those with university degrees and with very good education, left the country and went to create value in the Western countries. It is well-known, for example, that many Romanians are working at Microsoft. And it seems Romanians are everywhere in the Western world. And of course Romania doesn't benefit too much from that.
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Although I'm not at the most ideal age to have children for my view, I'd still like to have at least one child. Thankfully God has listened to my prayers and I've now a partner who has the same aspirations as I do, and who is not afraid of founding a family. I think I am mentally and physically ready to have a child, financially I'm not really wealthy, but I'm in a better situation then I was in my early 20s, definitely. I'd like to have our own house with a child. It would give much more meaning to our lives and the whole sense of preservation. If I have children, I would like to raise them somewhere in suburbs or the rural area, away from the madness of big cities and multiculturalism.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Siebenbürgerin For This Useful Post:

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031