@
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    631 Posts

Survey Finds Nerds Get Laid Later in Life

A new study by an online dating site has fuelled the popular belief that those with academic ambitions are more likely to hit the books than slip under the sheets.

The survey, commissioned by online dating site ElitePartner.de, found that most participants lost their virginity between the average ages of 15 and 17.

But survey takers who held university degrees didn't do the deed until between the ages of 18 and 20 - and they were also twice as likely to remain virgins until the age of 24.

“One’s attitude towards sexuality develops from the values of their parents and social surroundings,” said staff psychologist Lisa Fischbach of the site. “It’s possible that the smarter people put their focus on school and training in their youth while leaving matters of love for later when they have more time.”

The survey also found that Germans were kissing at a younger age than in the past – nearly 50 percent puckered up by the time they were 14, but 25 percent got their first smooch at the tender age of 13. More than half of women waited until they are at least 14 for their first kiss, the study found. The difference was minimal between those who had university degrees and those who didn’t when it came to kissing.

“It’s all about their individual attitudes,” spokeswoman Sabrina Berndt told The Local. “Unfortunately, we weren’t able to find out what their motives were for waiting.”

According to the site, the study is the largest of its kind and asked 10,027 singles aged 18 to 60 about their “first time.”
    http://www.thelocal.de/society/20090728-20879.html

Was this really news?

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, July 4th, 2020 @ 08:09 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    When I read the thread title I was like - they didn't seriously conduct a survey on something that should be obvious to the dead eye, what times have we come to for science to have to take such drastic steps as to compromise its serious nature?

When I read the article however, I was disappointed - no actually, I was not disappointed, I was on the border to being sorely enraged. It conducted a survey linked to people who visited universities and achieved degrees, but then categorises all those who perform well academically as "nerds".

Whilst being studious is not a disadvantage when pursuing an academic career, it is not its root. Many people who perform exceedingy well at school or university hardly ever revise much at all, quite the contrary. If you have a talent, good mental faculties, and a knack for remembering things quickly, you're likely to outperform the less intelligent but more studious.

Terming everyone with academic promise as being "nerds" I find deeply offensive. Back in primary school and early secondary school, I was teased and bullied because of my good grades. They termed me as a Nerd - when the truth was, I just remembered things easily that I didn't nead to study hard at all. I read the thing twice and knew it off by heart. I didn't sit down until the day before the exam. I was commonly reprimanded for failing to produce homework. But to them I had to be a "nerd" because I had good grades.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 05:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Similar experiences here. Exept because of the dumbing down our grades were mostly based on homework and busy work. I would sleep in class and get one of the highest grades in the class (if not the highest) on the test. Yet never studied in high school, usually didn't do my homework etc. My grades were not very good though typically. Unless it was based on test scores primarily.

I have to say though most intelligent people are going to have higher standards and be more selective of their mate. Therefore they delay sex and are not generally as sexually active. They go for quality over quanitity. Most people who have no standards and will sleep with anyone and are from the lower strata of society therefore have an easier time finding a mate, put less thought into it etc. and therefore are more sexually active, since they are irresponsible they have sex at a younger age etc.

I really never had people beating me up, as I would generally beat up bullies myself or had people afraid of me, but I can say that the general attitude of disliking smart people, disliking good looking people or any one that was better greatly influenced my thinking. It made me realize society is degenerate. What kind of soceity praises the failure yet attacks the successful? This is why even as some of my thoughts are revolutionary I don't feel any need to attack the system. I think the system is doing a great job of destroying itself. Its inherently flawed and cannot stand on its own for long. My alternative philosophy of life believes in promoting the better people over the lesser people and holding people responsible for their actions. Not to mention being considerate of society and the needs of others rather than an individualist. This makes me a social oddball with strange beliefs in the modern age.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 20th, 2011 @ 08:09 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    slovakian/German/
    Country
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Soldier
    Politics
    Independent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I most definitely live a "nerdy" lifestyle in most aspects (gaming, fantasy and sci-fi movies, DnD, and my technology centered job) but I have quite the healthy sex life. We have become too engrossed in stereotyping people.

Last Online
    Monday, February 28th, 2011 @ 09:30 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    French, Zeelandic, Dutch.
    Subrace
    CeltoGermanic
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    None
    Religion
    Racial occultism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    And i am not even a nerd

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2018 @ 05:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    irish german
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yes they will eventually get laid while sexting in a internet chatroom

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 04:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts
    Even if it was true, what's wrong with that? There isn't an age when people must absolutely have sex, or else.

I've seen just the other day a film about teenager life. 14 year old girls who had as many as 20 and some even 40 and 50 sex partners. So many girls were having sex because it was like a rite of passage into the popularity groups and it was impossible to get a date if being a virgin. I was completely shocked but the bigger shock came when they became infected with syphilis and many of them were laughing about it, bragging and mocking the situation as if it wasn't a serious thing. One of the girls from the group of nerds had oral sex to become accepted in the popularity group, and she became infected too. Then she regretted she didn't stick with the nerds and returned to them to ask for help.

Maybe it happens later in life because some teenagers don't have a long term and serious outlook about the relationship and when you're in university it's clearer what goals you want to pursue, whether you want a family or a career and so on.

Last Online
    Sunday, December 12th, 2010 @ 03:06 AM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nerds Waiting

Personally, I think it is better to wait...I think it has to do with what type of life you're leading as a teenager. If you are involved in sports, after-school clubs, or have good grades, I think that your attention is placed on appropriate things, instead of sex. Maybe, just maybe, it can stop at dating, where a person learns to socialize with the opposite sex, instead of jumping in the sack posthaste. As a high school teacher, I can say that teenagers seems overwhelmed with a need to self-gratify, despite the opportunity costs. Teenagers only see the here and now, they don't bother with consequences.

It could be that nerds wait...maybe because they're smarter

I wouldn't personally consider myself a nerd, but I waited until I was almost 21 myself.

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 08:24 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    German-American and proud
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    This study just shows us how extremely decadent society has become. It is hilarious watching these teens die from sexual diseases. LOL!

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 11:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Country
    Other Other
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I know somebody who annoys people because when he was doing exams he was studying for weeks but insisted he didn't open a book.

Regarding intelligent people, it seems third level education is a breeding ground for turning sane people into PC nutcases. Intelligent people can be easily brainwashed too and in many cases they're the most brainwashed because they spend the most time absorbing the media propanganda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast