Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Prosecutors Look into NPD Campaign Song

  1. #1
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Dagna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 02:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Location
    Norway
    Gender
    Age
    42
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Posts
    2,105
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    24
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    131
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

    Prosecutors Look into NPD Campaign Song

    Prosecutors Look into NPD Campaign Song

    The public prosecutor's office in Berlin is examining a song on the far-right NPD party's Web site that refers to Himmler and Rommel and asks its followers to "punch" Michel Friedman, a former vice president of the Central Council of Jews in Germany.

    A song by the far-right National Democratic Party of Germany (NPD) praising Himmler and Rommel and threatening a prominent member of Germany's Jewish community is attracting the attention of the authorities. The Berlin public prosecutor's office is investigating the election ditty that features on the NPD's Web site.

    The anthem, sung by "Karin," aims to encourage party members to come out and help distribute party material ahead of the elections in September, with the words: "With Himmler, Voigt and Rommel, one likes to throw one in, banging on the mail box, I give Friedman a punch."

    Udo Voigt is the NPD party chairman, Erwin Rommel was the German Field Marshal during World War II while Heinrich Himmler was the head of the feared Schutzstaffel, or SS. Michel Friedman, meanwhile, is a well-known talk show host and former vice president of the Central Council of Jews in Germany. The song also takes a swipe at Green Party leader Cem Özdemir, a German citizen born to Turkish parents.

    Michael von Hagen, the chief prosecutor in Berlin, told the Tagesspiegel newspaper that his office was examining the content of the song to see if it is "relevant to criminal law." He said it was possible that the tune could be seen regarded as insulting to Friedman, as well a public call to take action against him.

    Winfriede Schreiber, who heads the Brandenburg branch of the Office for the Protection of the Constitution, Germany's domestic intelligence agency, told the same newspaper in comments published on Friday that the song underscored the fact that "the NPD is increasingly blatant in showing its ties to National Socialism."

    The Central Council of Jews meanwhile is looking at whether legal steps can be taken against the NPD. General Secretary Stephan Kramer said that the party used every opportunity to "incite violence and racial hatred."


    http://www.spiegel.de/international/...638160,00.html


    Die Sonne scheint noch.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Lichtblick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 02:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Gender
    Posts
    56
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quite silly...those NPD-guys.

    Well, most probably they wanted to get the publicity and they got it. Congratulations so far.

    But what about these laughable wordplay-lyrics?
    Yes, they are all to simple, thus in fact only to be understood as personal insults, no one would really believe in this postbox hoax.

    Anyway, I think allowing them to use it in the future will do much more harm to those NPD guys than having it forbidden.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

    - T. E. Lawrence

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    thoughtcrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Monday, May 29th, 2017 @ 09:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Denmark
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Gender
    Politics
    Reason
    Religion
    Science
    Posts
    351
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Not that I'd want to defend the NPD, the opposite is the case, I feel sorry for all right-wing intellectuals who have to bear this blemish, but...what's wrong with praising Rommel? I mean, he is overrated, but still he undoubtly was a great soldier and general.
    "Lever dot as slav."

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    triedandtru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Location
    Southeastern Coast
    Gender
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Not liberal
    Religion
    Blut und Boden
    Posts
    828
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by totenlicht View Post
    Not that I'd want to defend the NPD, the opposite is the case, I feel sorry for all right-wing intellectuals who have to bear this blemish, but...what's wrong with praising Rommel? I mean, he is overrated, but still he undoubtly was a great soldier and general.
    He was a Nazi and the German government and globe in general is liberal and Anti-anything-remotely-Nazi.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    thoughtcrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Monday, May 29th, 2017 @ 09:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Denmark
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Gender
    Politics
    Reason
    Religion
    Science
    Posts
    351
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Why would you say that? Rommel was not a politician, neither was he in the NSDAP.

    If you call Rommel a nazi just because he did his duty as a soldier and made career in the third Reich, so was Stauffenberg. Still, he seems to be the Bundeswehr's highest paragon. Why?

    Even many important figures in the SPD and CDU were officiers in the Wehrmacht, so that argument hardly counts! You'll probably agree that Helmut Schmidt is pretty much as far from being a nazi as you can be.

    I'm pretty much "liberal" too, even "anti-nazi", and I ain't quite proud of so called "liberals" diffaming people without any evidence of "guilt".
    "Lever dot as slav."

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    triedandtru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Location
    Southeastern Coast
    Gender
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Not liberal
    Religion
    Blut und Boden
    Posts
    828
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by totenlicht View Post
    Why would you say that? Rommel was not a politician, neither was he in the NSDAP.

    If you call Rommel a nazi just because he did his duty as a soldier and made career in the third Reich, so was Stauffenberg. Still, he seems to be the Bundeswehr's highest paragon. Why?

    Even many important figures in the SPD and CDU were officiers in the Wehrmacht, so that argument hardly counts! You'll probably agree that Helmut Schmidt is pretty much as far from being a nazi as you can be.

    I'm pretty much "liberal" too, even "anti-nazi", and I ain't quite proud of so called "liberals" diffaming people without any evidence of "guilt".
    Oh, I wasn't calling him a Nazi. I don't think he was ever a party member, but I am not sure. I was more or less remarking on the general populace's ignorance and need to feel like they are keeping the right wing at bay.
    I do agree.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Lichtblick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 02:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Gender
    Posts
    56
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by totenlicht View Post
    what's wrong with praising Rommel?
    I wonder if anyone really was complaining about their praise of Rommel, but if so, it might rather have been because of what guys like the NPD have made and make out of apolitical (or referring to what former companions of him told, even politically naive) soldiers like him.

    But I think the main problem is reference to Himmler and Friedmann.


    Furthermore I don't see von Stauffenberg as the Bundeswehr's paragon, though it wouldn't be the worst choice for sure. Other story.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

    - T. E. Lawrence

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    ReinekeFuchs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Wednesday, January 11th, 2017 @ 01:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Gender
    Posts
    46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lichtblick View Post
    Quite silly...those NPD-guys.

    Well, most probably they wanted to get the publicity and they got it. Congratulations so far.

    But what about these laughable wordplay-lyrics?
    Yes, they are all to simple, thus in fact only to be understood as personal insults, no one would really believe in this postbox hoax.

    Anyway, I think allowing them to use it in the future will do much more harm to those NPD guys than having it forbidden.
    The rightwing »Nazis« and the far left »Nazis« are battling this out, apparently!
    As a bystander, one can only chuckle.
    However, when will these simpletons realize that there exists a so called middle way which is likely to prove best for all and them? In a stagnant, dull politically correct parliamentary democracy it's natural to want to see some action capable of delivering results but extremism is definitely not the answer.
    If anything, it's counterproductive to healthy social development.

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 11th, 2010 @ 12:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Wales, England, Ireland, Vinland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Gender
    Age
    32
    Politics
    National Socialist
    Religion
    Atheist; Christian/Pagan
    Posts
    376
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ReinekeFuchs View Post
    The rightwing »Nazis« and the far left »Nazis« are battling this out, apparently!
    As a bystander, one can only chuckle.
    Constructive, surely...

    However, when will these simpletons realize that there exists a so called middle way which is likely to prove best for all and them?
    And what middle ground is this? How can something be correct if it takes no definitive side? How can it claim to be 'half right' and 'half wrong' and still be either? I do not understand the logic of such a flawed, basic concept.

    Pandering to everyone to avoid an issue will never result in progress, it just negates things further and causes future divides.

    In a stagnant, dull politically correct parliamentary democracy it's natural to want to see some action capable of delivering results but extremism is definitely not the answer.
    Strength is not a weakness. Taking action is not staying idle. Another flawed statement which achieves little or no results.

    Extremism is always answer; it may be wrong, but it cannot be anything else.

    If anything, it's counterproductive to healthy social development.
    There is not a healthy society to harm. This statement is merely void of purpose.

Similar Threads

  1. NPD Launches "American Friends of the NPD" Website
    By Wurfaxt in forum Parties, Organizations, & Activism
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: Tuesday, June 8th, 2010, 03:29 PM
  2. Failure on the Far Right: NPD's Racist Election Campaign Flops
    By Nachtengel in forum The German Countries
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Wednesday, September 30th, 2009, 02:03 AM
  3. Why I Am A Member Of The NPD
    By ogenoct in forum Parties, Organizations, & Activism
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Friday, March 30th, 2007, 02:59 PM
  4. Prosecutors Demand Jail for Landser!
    By friedrich braun in forum Music & Hymns
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Monday, December 22nd, 2003, 02:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •