Occupation
    Wyrd-weaver
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Romanian Mayor in Nazi Dress Row

Source: BBC (7-21-09)
    A Romanian mayor has been strongly criticised by Jewish groups after appearing dressed in a Nazi uniform at a local fashion show.

Radu Mazare, mayor of Constanza, appeared with his similarly dressed 15-year-old son at the event.

The Simon Wiesenthal human rights centre called on Mr Mazare to admit he made a mistake, apologise and resign.

He added that the uniform was a German army one, not that of an SS officer. And, he said, he had attempted to cover up all the swastikas, although he said he had missed a very small one on the belt.

More...

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 08:09 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    You may wonder how this is relevant, and why a Romanian mayor might dress up in a Wehrmacht uniform.

As follows: There is a small chapter in late WWII which few know about - sometimes colloquially known as the "battle of Constanza".

Basically, there was a fairly secretive directive that German submarines should be stationed at this port - Romania being involved with the Axis at that time - and that from here, they should launch a strike upon the Soviet Union which could have turned around the fortunes.

As it would just so happen, the submarine corps was stuck in the port of Constanza for a wee while. Later, they had just shipped out when they were called back and told that the Russians were not too far from the city, and that they had to report to duty immediately.

This is also the reason behind the Allied bombing of the city, especially devastating the port, which was not rebuilt until well into the 1950s. Either way, the fortunes of the Axis powers as they were waning towards the end are directly connected to this city.

So perhaps he did it commemoratively, or because the Germans were well liked during their stay in the city? I cannot know ... but it is kind of obvious that the good old Simon Wiesenthal centre would be offended about it again. Hel, the mayor even says it was a normal Wehrmacht uniform!

But then again, all that was under command of those Evul Nutzis, including the common footsoldier, and even the civilians are guilty of being the worst folk under the sun, and thus any commemoration, even neutral ones cannot be allowed!

*grumble*
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 04:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts
    It would be hard to adequately describe the depth of the pain that your appearance caused, not only to Jews and other victims of Nazism, but to any person of moral integrity who knows the history of World War II.
    Oh dear, some peoples can be so exaggerated. It was a fashion show, it should have been taken with a grain of salt. Sometimes when I read about the things which happen here, I feel like banging my head against the wall. I'm certain the same things wouldn't have been said if someone dressed up as a Red Army soldier, although they committed warcrimes as well.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    10 Hours Ago @ 08:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts

Some Jews even get offended if they hear the German language, because it is the 'language of the oppressor'. Nothing surprising anymore.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 08:09 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post

Some Jews even get offended if they hear the German language, because it is the 'language of the oppressor'. Nothing surprising anymore.
    Strangely enough, they're not yet offended by German reparation money even though its 'money of the oppressor'. I wonder why...
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 04:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    You may wonder how this is relevant, and why a Romanian mayor might dress up in a Wehrmacht uniform.

As follows: There is a small chapter in late WWII which few know about - sometimes colloquially known as the "battle of Constanza".

Basically, there was a fairly secretive directive that German submarines should be stationed at this port - Romania being involved with the Axis at that time - and that from here, they should launch a strike upon the Soviet Union which could have turned around the fortunes.

As it would just so happen, the submarine corps was stuck in the port of Constanza for a wee while. Later, they had just shipped out when they were called back and told that the Russians were not too far from the city, and that they had to report to duty immediately.

This is also the reason behind the Allied bombing of the city, especially devastating the port, which was not rebuilt until well into the 1950s. Either way, the fortunes of the Axis powers as they were waning towards the end are directly connected to this city.

So perhaps he did it commemoratively, or because the Germans were well liked during their stay in the city? I cannot know ... but it is kind of obvious that the good old Simon Wiesenthal centre would be offended about it again. Hel, the mayor even says it was a normal Wehrmacht uniform!

But then again, all that was under command of those Evul Nutzis, including the common footsoldier, and even the civilians are guilty of being the worst folk under the sun, and thus any commemoration, even neutral ones cannot be allowed!

*grumble*
    Here his statement about why he dressed like that:

"I was inspired from the Valkyrie movie ... I wanted to dress like a Vehrmacht general because I've always liked this uniform, and admired the rigorous organisation of the German army,"
    The source:
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE56J2JM20090720

The Jews accuse him of a hidden anti-Semitism. It's illegal to wear nazi clothes here and displaying swastikas can cost 3 years of prison. The anger is about bringing his son along too, so they want to accuse him of instigation too.

The organisations in Israel now don't only want his apology, but they want his resignation too.

Some peoples say the incident tarnish the country's international image and relations. On TV it's already said Romania wasn't denazified enough. Here what political analysts say:

‘I could not imagine a responsible politician in an EU member country, I could not imagine a French, English, Polish, not to mention German politician committing such an indecent and defying action. In brief, there is a border between mockery and tragedy. Mr. Radu Mazare decided to ignore it,’
    The source:
    http://www.bucharestherald.com/polit...rs-narcissism-

So in my view he will probably be pressured to resign from all sides, including the local politicians, because of this choice of wardrobe.

Here a photo:

Secure a future for Germanic children
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 12:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts
    "I was inspired from the Valkyrie movie ... I wanted to dress like a Vehrmacht general because I've always liked this uniform, and admired the rigorous organisation of the German army,"
    It would be the most ridiculous circus if all he wanted to do was imitate Stauffenberg. I mean, come the fuck on.

An "Evul Nutzi":