Politics
    semi-mystical concepts of nature
    Religion
    primal Nordic darkness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    my tattoos disgust people I love it, the baffled look is a chance to stick it to the squares or enlighten them. Either way just wear it with pride and never back down.
    May my failures be my own, may my victories be for my folk

Bavarian Berkserkr
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 @ 07:03 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Primarily German. Other northern European listed in DNA test results.
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Retired military and student.
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have 26 tattoos, but since day one I've been getting Nazi jokes. My first tattoo was meant to be my only one, so I spent 2 years making up my mind. I wanted it to show pride in my family and my heritage, but with more creativity than "Rothhammer" across my back. I got "Der rot Hammer" tattooed to my right shoulder, all around a red sledge hammer, the original design neither the tattoo artist or myself knew at the time, but I later came to find was one man's interpretation of Mjolnir. I chose the old translation of my name as it was written before my family came to America, Rothammer with only 1 h, and with the word "Der" cause I was cocky and I didn't know a better way to translate that fact than the word "the", as if I was so important to deserve singular distinction. Totally cocky. haha There was a short period where 1 ignorant guy at basic training had everyone convinced I was a Russian communist cause it was a foreign language with a hammer. Total douche.
    13. "Boldness is better | than plaints can be For him whose feet must fare; To a destined day has mine age been doomed, And my life's span thereto laid."
    -Skirnir, Skirnismal

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 21st, 2016 @ 08:34 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Deutsch
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnic Neo-Tribalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothhammer View Post
    I have 26 tattoos, but since day one I've been getting Nazi jokes. My first tattoo was meant to be my only one, so I spent 2 years making up my mind. I wanted it to show pride in my family and my heritage, but with more creativity than "Rothhammer" across my back. I got "Der rot Hammer" tattooed to my right shoulder, all around a red sledge hammer, the original design neither the tattoo artist or myself knew at the time, but I later came to find was one man's interpretation of Mjolnir. I chose the old translation of my name as it was written before my family came to America, Rothammer with only 1 h, and with the word "Der" cause I was cocky and I didn't know a better way to translate that fact than the word "the", as if I was so important to deserve singular distinction. Totally cocky. haha There was a short period where 1 ignorant guy at basic training had everyone convinced I was a Russian communist cause it was a foreign language with a hammer. Total douche.
    I don't know, I like the sound of the tattoo. What a badass last name, let me say! Mine is (still German, so pretty awesome) way less "cool" than yours. "Jungclaus" (no Googlers please! :p) which means it was given either to the younger of two Clauses in the village, or Claus Jr. I don't know how to make that into a distinct tattoo like yours!

Quote Originally Posted by TSPAGAN View Post
    my tattoos disgust people I love it, the baffled look is a chance to stick it to the squares or enlighten them. Either way just wear it with pride and never back down.
    Oh, I love my tattoos, and what they represent. I do have a spiritual connection to my ancestors, and to their spirituality. I wear a Mjolnir even though I do not personally worship Donar as a deity, I still have respect for the ideals upon which worship of him is built. So despite that I am not a pagan religiously, I am not so "disconnected" from the teachings, faith, and beliefs.
    "So, yes, we are better than others. Our worldviews are better than those of others. This does not need to be universally true, it is enough when it is true for us." - velvet

"Our blood unity is of infinitely more worth than religious particularities;" - Chlodovech

Bavarian Berkserkr
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by žeudiskaz View Post
    I have also read translations where "tattoo" was used as well (and that is certainly the intent of the verse). The reason that I can call myself a Christian, and still wear tattoos is because Christ promotes different laws, that is a Jewish law, not a Christian one, Jesus Himslef even violated Jewish laws. Whats more is that you should understand the context, the Jews were forbidden from intermingling too much with the pagan cultures in their region, for fear that the Jews would adopt the foreign culture, and the regional pagans used tattoos as a form of idolatry dedicated to their ancestors, which is why it says "for the dead" right before the section that you bolded.
    Right here is proof for you. His own desiple basically saying "Fuck that shit".

Romans 3:27-30
    King James Version (KJV)

"27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

29Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:"
    13. "Boldness is better | than plaints can be For him whose feet must fare; To a destined day has mine age been doomed, And my life's span thereto laid."
    -Skirnir, Skirnismal

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 21st, 2016 @ 08:34 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Deutsch
    Country
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnic Neo-Tribalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Right here is proof for you. His own desiple basically saying "Fuck that shit".

Romans 3:27-30
    King James Version (KJV)

"27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

29Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:"
    Yep.

Too many people pretend that every word of the Old Testament should be strictly followed. They apply it to homosexuality, and the Ten Commandments, and sometimes tattoos, and then don't apply it to people who work on Sunday, or to people who eat shellfish, or people who wear clothing made from more than one type of fabric (like cotton/poly blends!)

Unfortunately, so many Christians have such a poor literary, or theological understanding of the Bible... why should anyone else?
    "So, yes, we are better than others. Our worldviews are better than those of others. This does not need to be universally true, it is enough when it is true for us." - velvet

"Our blood unity is of infinitely more worth than religious particularities;" - Chlodovech

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 12:14 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Grandparrents Faroese, now live in germany
    Ancestry
    My grandparrents on mother side where faroese, my father was born in munich,
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Baden-Wuerttemberg Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Heilerziehuingspfleger
    Politics
    no party affiliation
    Religion
    germanic heathen norse
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi rothammer

you should think about getting one more tattoe. You see the number 3 has very much meaning in the germanic tradition, and 27 is 3*3*3 or 3^3 , which would be considered a very powerfull and meaningfull number. Examples are the 9 virtues, 9 worlds, which are divided in upper world, middle world and underworld (so 3 groups). There are many more examples.
    Christianity later adopted that and invented the holy ghost to implement the three. So i think 27 tattoes would be very fitting.

just my 2 cents

btw it does also play a big role in celtic tradition, and in whitchcraft (for example a circle of whitches is 3 : maiden, mother and crone)
    There won't be humans in 500 years. Enough people choke themselves when they jerk off we gave it a name. We ain't a species made to last.

Judging by it“s name common sense must once have been a pretty common thing. When and why did that change, so it became the rare treasure it is today???

Bavarian Berkserkr
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyn View Post
    Hi rothammer

you should think about getting one more tattoe. You see the number 3 has very much meaning in the germanic tradition, and 27 is 3*3*3 or 3^3 , which would be considered a very powerfull and meaningfull number. Examples are the 9 virtues, 9 worlds, which are divided in upper world, middle world and underworld (so 3 groups). There are many more examples.
    Christianity later adopted that and invented the holy ghost to implement the three. So i think 27 tattoes would be very fitting.

just my 2 cents

btw it does also play a big role in celtic tradition, and in whitchcraft (for example a circle of whitches is 3 : maiden, mother and crone)
    I knew that about the numbers, but never thought about applying it to the number of tattoos I have. Thanks alot.
    -Skirnir, Skirnismal

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 15th, 2012 @ 02:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Northern Europe
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Married
    Politics
    Leader at the tip of boars snout
    Religion
    Ancestor Worship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Norse\Rune Tattoos

Tats are a very personal thing and if a man chooses to mix a Christian statement and Runes showing pride of heritage he shouldn't have to explain himself. Would not be my cup of tea but hey we are all Northern Europeans here and rowing the same long ship.
    The question is what were the tattoos like on our ancient brothers and sisters. I am sure everyone has seen the Kurgan excavations and the intricate tattoos on men and women alike. Griffins, elk and such.
    Harold Godwinson probably had tats as that is how they identified his body on the field of Hastings. He got pretty beat up! Ibn Fadlyn (sp) wrote of the Swedes\Rus that were covered head to toe with tattoos. There are also ancient Norse techniques that I have read about where they sew the tattoo lines in. Ancient peoples got alot of mojo from symbols and it would be natural to imprint these on the body. Sounds cheesy but I feel power in mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Left Arm1.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	817.0 KB 
ID:	109286   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Right Arm1.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	828.9 KB 
ID:	109287  

Bavarian Berkserkr
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Here's some of my stuff.

2nd and 4th are backwards cause of the mirror.

Name:	tat1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	236.9 KB 
ID:	109288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tat2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	341.6 KB 
ID:	109289   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tat3.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	354.1 KB 
ID:	109290   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tat4.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	109291  

-Skirnir, Skirnismal

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, December 29th, 2011 @ 12:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Dinarid and Mediterranid
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Musician and computer technician
    Politics
    The Thermonuclear Warhead
    Religion
    Germanic Paganism/ Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshki View Post
    Hey guys,

I was thinking of getting a God tattoo in runes.

Is it usually better to get these done as a bindrune, or spelled out?

Also, is there any "not so good" ramifications to having a God's name tattooed on your body?
    Why would you even think of marking the name of the Jewish god into your flesh in runes of all characters? Why don't you use Hebrew characters instead? The runes are irrelevant to Christianity as with any other Semitic/ Abrahamic/ desert and non- European religion. Anyway, this is what I have so far. Only time will tell if I ever mark anything more into my flesh.

Name:	63930_471659028098_601053098_5871437_4614250_n.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	109292   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	148248_471659068098_601053098_5871438_5170919_n.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	109293  

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast