Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    Asatruer/Vanatruer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I understand your reasoning behind getting a tattoo as a christian. After all, christians, while holding up the old testament as 'the word' are quite happy to discard it when they feel like it. Not sure why they use the old testament at all really. Tattoos is clearly one of the many areas of contention which led to them breaking away from their mother religion in the first place. Not sure whether the catholics and protestants disagree on tattoos.
    What I can't undertand is why you have a christian looking "hallejulia" on one arm and a heathen tattoo on the other. So my query is not why you have a tattoo as a christian but why do you have a tattoo of the sacred runes on the other. Runes given to us by the Allfather, the following of whom was suppressed by sword, trickery and treachery on the part of the christians.
    If you choose to be a christian then that is entirely up to you but you shouldn't wear runes in any form unless you are a follower of the old spiritual ways. I understand your pride in your race but maybe gothic script would have been more appropriate???
    I have tried getting theudiskaz to translate on an online dictionary but can't. What does it mean??

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 21st, 2016 @ 08:34 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Deutsch
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnic Neo-Tribalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arthor View Post
    I understand your reasoning behind getting a tattoo as a christian. After all, christians, while holding up the old testament as 'the word' are quite happy to discard it when they feel like it. Not sure why they use the old testament at all really. Tattoos is clearly one of the many areas of contention which led to them breaking away from their mother religion in the first place. Not sure whether the catholics and protestants disagree on tattoos.
    What I can't undertand is why you have a christian looking "hallejulia" on one arm and a heathen tattoo on the other. So my query is not why you have a tattoo as a christian but why do you have a tattoo of the sacred runes on the other. Runes given to us by the Allfather, the following of whom was suppressed by sword, trickery and treachery on the part of the christians.
    If you choose to be a christian then that is entirely up to you but you shouldn't wear runes in any form unless you are a follower of the old spiritual ways. I understand your pride in your race but maybe gothic script would have been more appropriate???
    I have tried getting theudiskaz to translate on an online dictionary but can't. What does it mean??
    Wikipedia has an article roughly located here. The Runes are, to me, not in any way symbolic of a religion, but rather a more mundane writing system used by my ancestral Germans. I really don't mean to cause offense by perceived misuse, I deeply respect your feelings about them, but to me they are simply the writing system of my fathers, and grandfathers thousands of years ago, and the most likely name they would have had for themselves.

I do not simply "discard" the Old Testament laws. I examine each one carefully, and examine how that particular law fits into my own faith. I am not necessarily subject to the Judaic law, as Jesus said "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, sould, and strength, and love your neighbor as you love yourself." What I have trouble seeing is where tattoos fit into that law? They fit in because in the time that the OT was written, the cultures near the Jews tattooed themselves as a pagan form of idolatry, and so this practice would have clearly violated their love for God. Today, tattoos represent no such necessary idea. Tattoos can be done for any reason, and are publicly acceptable (for the most part) there is no association between tattoos and paganism, and even the association with "bad people" being the only people to get tattoos is fading rapidly, and thus it does not violate any Christian law to get a tattoo. I think that the OT was included in the Bible largely for an increased historo-cultural perspective, though I am in no way Jewish, and thus not beholden to Judaic law.
    "So, yes, we are better than others. Our worldviews are better than those of others. This does not need to be universally true, it is enough when it is true for us." - velvet

"Our blood unity is of infinitely more worth than religious particularities;" - Chlodovech

Last Online
    Thursday, November 26th, 2009 @ 03:15 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ken Rune Tattoo and Meaning

Im considering getting a runic tattoo on have come across a rune called the Ken Rune also known as the Kenaz Rune. I have red its meaning to be one of passion and strength.

Getting a tattoo of this rune would be very special for me as kenneth is my middle name and my grandfathers name (who passed away 6 weeks before my birth). and the name was usually shortened to Ken.

I was wondering could tell me if my research has proven right on the runes meaning and if there would be any anything wrong with getting surrounded with a circle for the tattoo.

and if its name as the Ken rune has any truth.

my name is also lachlan meaning "war-like" and i have found the Ken rune to be close in meaning to it too.

any other suggestions for a runic tattoo would also be appriciated (with a maximum of 3 runes)

Last Online
    Saturday, July 2nd, 2011 @ 11:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland/Norway/Germany
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Machinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

God Tattoo

Hey guys,

I was thinking of getting a God tattoo in runes.

Is it usually better to get these done as a bindrune, or spelled out?

Also, is there any "not so good" ramifications to having a God's name tattooed on your body?

Last Online
    Saturday, April 8th, 2017 @ 10:27 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Single adult
    Politics
    Moderate
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Its mostly what you like the most. My Elder Futhark rune tattoos are all spelled out. As for "not so good ramifications" theres not any i can think of to be honest, but id make sure you feel a close connection to that God / Goddess before you get them and their name inked onto your body

Germania incognita "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshki View Post
    Hey guys,

I was thinking of getting a God tattoo in runes.

Is it usually better to get these done as a bindrune, or spelled out?

Also, is there any "not so good" ramifications to having a God's name tattooed on your body?

I would draw the runes on my body with a marker and wear them for a while before getting a tattoo. So you can see how the runes affect you. The runes can give you powers which are not a benefit in some situations.

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 30th, 2017 @ 03:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    English Nationalist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersir View Post
    I would draw the runes on my body with a marker and wear them for a while before getting a tattoo. So you can see how the runes affect you. The runes can give you powers which are not a benefit in some situations.
    That is very sound advice!

hodekin
    Deep in the forest, shaded by the leaves of the Greenwood Tree.

Last Online
    Friday, February 19th, 2010 @ 05:07 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English with small Irish, Welsh and Visigothic Spanish ancestry
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    National Liberalism
    Religion
    Germanic Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wouldnt risk getting active runes tattooed on my body. I have got tattooed rune staves spelling out messages and mottos but they arent active. With limited knowledege of their powers there's no telling what the long term effects could be on you. I dont know you personally but unless you have loads of experience i wouldnt recommend having them done.

Of course i may be misreading your wording. If you're just talking about getting rune staves tattooed to spell out the name of a god with no other connetations then that's alright.

PS When having runes staves tattooed via the stenciling process make sure the stencil the tattooist is using has every stave on it, when i got mine done i didnt check the stencil and there was a stave missing so the word which was meant to be 'Araed' ended up being 'Raed' which lucikly for me works just as well in Old English.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 2nd, 2011 @ 11:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland/Norway/Germany
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Machinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KWulf View Post
    Of course i may be misreading your wording. If you're just talking about getting rune staves tattooed to spell out the name of a god with no other connetations then that's alright.
    Yep, that's what I'm after.

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 26th, 2010 @ 10:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    scotland, england, france
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Western Australia Western Australia
    Single adult
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rune Tattoo question

Hi there

I was also thinking about having a Rune tattoo on my right wrist but wasnt aware of "active" states, what does that mean?

I am about to embark on 18 months of travelling and was anticipating a completely different life direction from there on, something involving more spirituality and awareness than my current existance.

The clincher for me was drawing a single rune whist focussing on the issue of my travels, it was Teiwaz, in which my rune interpretation book began with this sentence "This is the rune of the spiritual warrior".

I was researching various designs of the symbol when i came accross the post and am very interested in what implications tattooing such a rune could have.

I would love to hear anyones comments on this!!

Rusty

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast