Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slavery Reparations And Remedies

Strapu

Post Slavery Reparations And Remedies

Reparations and Remedies

By Beauregarde

The burden of slavery will probably never be lifted from the white man. And yet, the real shame of slavery is that Africans were ever brought to America in the first place. No system of labor was ever more costly or cumbersome, and the Africans are still demanding compensation for work their ancestors stopped doing almost 150 years ago.

For all the naysaying and acrimony over the payment of reparations to the descendants of African slaves, the idea has some merit. The problem with reparations, as currently construed, is the lack of a final remedy to the broader racial dilemma, which has either boiled or simmered since the slaves were freed. Besides the racial issues, many blacks are left out of the equation-- namely those African countries which provided the cargo for the slave ships.

What then is to be done with the estimated one trillion dollars demanded for reparations? Should all of this money simply be paid out in lump sums to truculent lawyers and Reverends? There is a better solution…

Rather than doling out government checks from welfare offices, an African Slave Reparation and Repatriation Fund should be created to undo the wrong that was done 400 years ago. Countries like Gambia, Senegal, and Liberia would receive a fixed bounty for every slave descendant who migrates to Africa to replace the souls lost to the Middle Passage. The US government would pay all relocation expenses, and once settled on the continent, the American-Africans would receive a generous stipend for life...in the currency of the host country.

In addition, any African nation could receive extra funds for acting as a penal colony for the hundreds of thousands of blacks incarcerated in America. As "colonists" instead of "convicts", a new start awaits black inmates who will otherwise languish in expensive prisons for most of their lives. Think of it-- a generation of young black men set free in a place where racism can never imprison them again!

With the mass migration and cash infusion from America, deprived African countries would become prosperous and economically viable, which reduces the hardships that cause Africans to flee to Europe and the United States.

If such a program were set in motion now, the racial friction between blacks and whites would disappear from America within two generations. More importantly, American multicultural ideals would be spread liberally over an entire continent for all to enjoy. What could be better to alleviate tribal strife and hatred than a lesson in multiculturalism from American blacks?

Now critics of such a plan will yelp that sending blacks back to Africa is a white racist scheme. But is it really just to force blacks to remain in America, where, by their own admonishments, they have been victims of racism for 400 years? And why should tax payers be forced to compensate discontented blacks every thirty or forty years for a practice that ended a century and a half ago? Reparations alone will not close the books on the slave trade. There must also be drastic change in the racial status quo.

Before slavery ended in the 19th century, the American Colonization Society foresaw that the best opportunity for freed slaves was back in Africa, where the little Republic of Liberia was established as a homeland for free blacks from the States. For many years, Liberia had the only democratically elected government in Africa. After years of civil unrest and tribal warfare, Liberia is now on the verge of total collapse. What could help Liberia more than a massive influx of money and educated immigrants? Think how much black intellectuals like Cornell West, Maya Angelou, and Toni Morrison could boost Liberian prestige. And with leaders like Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan, and Al Sharpton, there is no limit to how far Liberia could rise!

Over the long haul, reparation combined with repatriation may be a bargain compared to paying off discontented blacks with entitlement programs and affirmative action forever and ever.

America simply cannot afford a trillion dollar shakedown to placate the embittered ghosts of Mammy and Uncle Tom. One day, we will need money to buy Texas and California back from Mexico.

http://www.cofcc.org/articles.htm

Last Online
    Friday, August 17th, 2007 @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Slavery Reparations, by Fred Reed

For those of you unfamiliar with Fred Reed, he's a police reporter for one of the large Washington newspapers (law-enforcement columnist for the Washington Times). Anyway, Fred publishes (published) a weekly online column in which he got to say the things his editors would never, ever have let him write in the paper. His stuff is iconoclastic and various articles have probably offended everyone regardless of political orientation.

Slavery Reparations .......by Fred Reed

On the Web I find that Henry Louis Gates Jr., the chairman of Afro- American Studies at Harvard, is demanding that whites pay reparations to blacks. It's because of slavery, see. He is joined in this endeavor by a gaggle of other professional blacks. I guess he'll send me a bill, huh?

I feel like saying, "Let me get this straight, Hank. I'm slow. Be patient. You want free money because of slavery, right? I don't blame you." I'd like free money too. Tell you what. I believe in justice. I'll give you a million dollars for every slave I own, and another million for every year you were a slave. Fair enough? But tell me, how many slaves do you suppose I have? In round numbers, I mean...Say to the nearest dozen. And how long were you a slave?

Oh. In other words, I owe you reparations for something that I didn't do and didn't happen to you. That makes sense. Like lug nuts on a birthday cake.

Personally, I think you owe me reparations for things you didn't do and never happened to me. I've never been coated in Dutch chocolate and thrown from the Eiffel Tower. I'll bet you've never done it to anyone. I want reparations. Kinda silly, isn't it?

But if we're going to talk about reparations, that's a street that runs in two directions. You want money from me for what some other whites did to some other blacks in another century. How about you guys paying whites reparations for current expenses caused by blacks? Not long ago blacks burned down half of Los Angeles, a city in my country. Cities are expensive,
    Hank. Build one sometime and you'll see what I mean. Whites had to pay taxes to repair Los Angeles for you. You can send me a check.

Now, yes, I know you burned LA because you didn't like the verdict in the trial of those police officers. Well, I didn't like the verdict in the Simpson trial. But I didn't burn my house and loot Korean grocers. Over the years blacks have burned a lot of American cities: Newark, Detroit, Watts, on and on. Now add in the fantastic cost over the years of welfare in all its forms, of large police forces and jails and security systems in department stores.

I can't live in the capital city of my own country because of crime committed by blacks. Toss in the cultural cost of lowering standards in everything for the benefit of blacks. See what I mean?

Now, I'd view things differently if you said, "Fred, blacks can't get anywhere in a modern country without education. We know that. We need better schools, smarter teachers, harder courses, books with smaller pictures and bigger words. Can you help us?" I'd say, "Hallelujah! Hoo-ahh! Not just yes, but hell yes. Let's sell an aircraft carrier and get these folks some real schools and get them into the economic mainstream." I'd say it partly because it would be the right thing to do, and partly, because I'd like to add you guys to the tax base.

The current custodial state is expensive. I'd just love for blacks to study and learn to compete and stop burning places. But is it going to happen? You may not believe it, but I, and most whites, don't like seeing blacks as miserable and screwed up as they are. I spend a fair amount of time in the projects.
    Those places are ugly. It's no fun watching perfectly good kids turn into semiliterate dope dealers who barely speak English. It just plain ain't right. But, Hank, what am I supposed to do about it? I can't do your children's homework.. At some point, people have to do things for themselves, or they don't get done.

Maybe it's time.

I'll tell you what I see out in the world, Hank.. I think blacks are too accustomed to getting anything they want by just demanding it. True, it has worked for over half a century. Get a few hundred people in the street, implicitly threaten to loot and burn, holler about slavery, and the Great White Cash Spigot turns on. Thing is, whites don't much buy it any longer. Most
    recognize that what once was a civil-rights movement has become a shakedown game. Few people still feel responsible for the failings and inadequacies of blacks. Political correctness keeps the lid on -- but everyone knows the score. Which scares me, Hank.

On one hand, blacks hate whites and incline toward looting and burning. (The whites you hate are the ones who marched in the civil-rights movement. Ever think about that?)

On the other hand, whites quietly grow wearier and wearier of it. Not good.

On the third hand (allow me three hands, for rhetorical convenience), blacks keep demanding things. As I write, you demand reparations for slavery. Blacks in Oklahoma (I think it was) want money for some ancient race riot. Other blacks reject the Declaration of Independence, blacks in New York hint
    broadly at burning and looting over a trial, yet more demand the elimination of the Confederate flag, and the federal equal opportunity apparatus, which means blacks, wants to sue Silicon Valley for not hiring nonexistent black engineers.

That's a lot of demanding for one month, Hank. What happens if whites ever say, "No"?

Now, how about you? You've got a cushy job up there at Harvard, and you can hoot and holler about what swine and bandits whites are. I guess it's lots of fun, and you get a salary for it. But don't you think you might do blacks more good if you told them to complain less and study more?

For example, if you want blacks to work in Silicon Gulch, the best approach might be to find some really smart black guys, and get them to study digital design, not Black Studies. That's how everybody else does it. It works. Then blacks wouldn't feel left out, and racial tension would decline.

Sound like a plan?

Just out of curiosity, how many hours a week do professors of Afro-American Studies spend in the projects, encouraging poor black kids to study real life sho-nuf subjects?

Fred Reed

The entire post above was quoted exactly from another forum, minus a second paragraph in the introduction aimed at members of said forum.
    I believe that religion, generally speaking, has been a curse to mankind - that its modest and greatly overestimated services on the ethical side have been more than overcome by the damage it has done to clear and honest thinking.

...that no discovery of fact, however trivial, can be wholly useless to the race, and that no trumpeting of falsehood, however virtuous in intent, can be anything but vicious.

...that all government is evil, in that all government must necessarily make war upon liberty...

...that the evidence for immortality is no better than the evidence of witches, and deserves no more respect.

...in the complete freedom of thought and speech...

...in the capacity of man to conquer his world, and to find out what it is made of, and how it is run.

...in the reality of progress.

I - But the whole thing, after all, may be put very simply. I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie...to be free than to be a slave...to know than be ignorant.

Last Online
    Friday, April 3rd, 2009 @ 09:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway, Paternal: Massachusetts
    Subrace
    I don't know Lundman's taxonomy.
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Connecticut Connecticut
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Occupation
    Nothing (retired)
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Slavery Reparations by Fred Reed

The reparations which these men seek were paid in the blood of predominately white Union soldiers on the battle fields of the Civil War. That war wasn't a slave revolt. Though the blacks played a valiant role in their own liberation, it was a very small one. The Civil War was an altruistic effort by Northern white men to overthrow the evil institution of slavery.

Last Online
    Friday, February 23rd, 2007 @ 02:16 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Egil Skallagrimsson
    The Civil War was an altruistic effort by Northern white men to overthrow the evil institution of slavery.
    Wrong.

Northern White Men killed negroes as an angry revolt to being drafted into a war with their own brothers. The civil war was about states' rights versus the federal governments' rights no matter how you spin it. The federal government wanted to force an end to slavery, the southern states basically told the federal government to "piss off" and seceded. That's what started the civil war. Not some dreamy "altruistic effort by Northern white men".

Don't take my word for it....
    Consequently, the conflict between the North and the South had much more to do with differing views on the relation of the States to the federal Government, the extent of State power, and economics rather than the issues of slavery or Negro rights. In fact, the majority of the Northern people deplored Abolitionism and were opposed to Negro equality. Even Lincoln openly declared himself in opposition to Negro citizenship and in favor of continued White supremacy. Most of the Northern States had various anti-Black laws on the books and Lincoln's own State of Illinois altered its constitution in 1862 to prohibit the immigration of free Blacks entirely.
    President Lincoln liked men who did not campaign on the abolition of slavery. He only intended to prevent slavery in all new states and territories.
    More pertaining to the above and source here:http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/US_History:Civil_War

Last Online
    Friday, April 3rd, 2009 @ 09:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway, Paternal: Massachusetts
    Subrace
    I don't know Lundman's taxonomy.
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Connecticut Connecticut
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Occupation
    Nothing (retired)
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    This is the "real reason" fallacy. In the North, at least, the states' rights vs federal rights issue was of little interest or concern to anyone outside of government. By and large, people fight for what they think they're fighting, what they believe they're fighting for. There's nothing emotionally compelling about the states' rights issue. However, for many years, northerners had been bombarded with Abolitionist propaganda, the most notorious of which was Harriet Beecher Stowe's "Uncle Tom's Cabin." This was why President Lincoln, when he first met Harriet Beecher Stowe, said "So you're the little lady who started this great war." Of course, as in most wars, a good case can be made for the idea that many of the soldiers actually killing and being killed were just carrying out orders in a fight in which the issues were either unclear or unimportant. Be that as it may, the fact remains that the Negroes were liberated from slavery through the bloodshed of Union soldiers. The debt of gratitude which this imposes upon the slaves and their descendents greatly outweighs any claims for reparations.

Last Online
    Friday, February 23rd, 2007 @ 02:16 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Egil Skallagrimsson
    This is the "real reason" fallacy. In the North, at least, the states' rights vs federal rights issue was of little interest or concern to anyone outside of government. By and large, people fight for what they think they're fighting, what they believe they're fighting for.
    No "fallacy" here. Remaining quotes provided by me not Mr Skallagrimson.
    Generally, slavery was made an issue by the North (all the while some Northern states were still trading in human flesh) Even after Lincoln's' Emancipation Proclamation, Missouri was trading in Slaves. The falsehoods of the "Proclamation" are covered else where on this site.
    http://www.civilwarhistory.com/slavetrade/causes.htm

More from folks "outside of government":
    Fire Engine Company No. 33 on 58th Street near Broadway, proudly called “The Roughs,” promised more direct action, telling a Herald reporter that”… if Lincoln attempts to enforce the draft in New York in violation of state authority, there will be black eyes and bloody noses.”
    Jenkins had drawn about seventy names when a pistol was fired outside his window. Paving stones and brickbats were thrown into the room. The crowd inside grabbed tables and chairs and hurled them at the draft officers. The small police detail barely managed to help Jenkins and his aides escape through the back door. Then the police were overwhelmed.
    All the above and more can be found at: http://www.americanheritage.com/arti...959_4_44.shtml
    With all due respect, sir. The above sounds like all sorts of Folk "outside of government" were quite angered with this whole business.... I am hard-pressed to find an instance where a Northerner believed in what he was fighting (read: dying and killing brothers) for.

I do agree that, no matter the attitudes of the Folk back then, we owe no "reparations" to ANY descendant of slaves.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Tuesday, January 13th, 2009 @ 05:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Skandonordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Single
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mr. Reed is absolutely correct. We continue to be blamed for the failures of the Negro. With few exceptions,they appear unable to exist within a civilized society.

Great link BTW.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fred Reed's Website:
    http://www.fredoneverything.net
    I believe that religion, generally speaking, has been a curse to mankind - that its modest and greatly overestimated services on the ethical side have been more than overcome by the damage it has done to clear and honest thinking.

...that no discovery of fact, however trivial, can be wholly useless to the race, and that no trumpeting of falsehood, however virtuous in intent, can be anything but vicious.

...that all government is evil, in that all government must necessarily make war upon liberty...

...that the evidence for immortality is no better than the evidence of witches, and deserves no more respect.

...in the capacity of man to conquer his world, and to find out what it is made of, and how it is run.

I - But the whole thing, after all, may be put very simply. I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie...to be free than to be a slave...to know than be ignorant.

Last Online
    Tuesday, January 29th, 2008 @ 10:52 PM
    Occupation
    RN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree. Great article!

On a personal note, there is a guy walking around everyday for the past 4 years in B'ham, AL from 9-10am that wears a sign saying "Reparations now". OK, we all know this guy probably has no job, lives off OUR tax dollars and wants reparations?! Yes, I think we should give blacks even more incentive to do nothing but live like parasites off the white man, NOT.:thumbsdow
    "I can stop trying to discover shortcuts or easy answers to why I feel dissatisfied at times. I am the only one who can make changes, right here and now."
    Dr William Brown

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Funny considering the recent commentary from the Mayor of the City of New Orleans. That guy has some balls but if those comments were reversed it would be the L.A. riots all over again.

...Not to mention, where's the separation of church and state?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast