Country
    European Union European Union
    Apolitical
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Iberian genetics

I would love to see the full article...Dalonord, do you have access to this?

Insights into Iberian population origins through the construction of highly informative Y-chromosome haplotypes using biallelic markers, STRs, and the MSY1 minisatellite.

Brion M, Salas A, Gonzalez-Neira A, Lareu MV, Carracedo A.

Unit of Genetics, Institute of Legal Medicine, University of Santiago de Compostela, E-15782 Santiago de Compostela, Galicia, Spain.

To investigate the diversity of Y chromosomes in the Iberian Peninsula and the North African population of Maghreb, we constructed superhaplotypes on the basis of 10 biallelic markers, 7 microsatellites, and 1 minisatellite located in the nonrecombining portion of the human Y chromosome. The analysis of extremely high MSY1 variability was performed by reducing the MVR-codes to modular structures. Y-STRs and MSY1 data provide information about the relationship between closely related populations such as those of Iberia. Analysis of biallelic markers allowed us to identify 7 of 12 haplogroups defined by those polymorphisms. The haplogroup background showed clear differences between Iberian populations and the North African one. The use of differently mutating Y-chromosome markers allowed us to infer different population events at different time scales: the Paleolithic background of the Iberian Peninsula, the Neolithic fingerprint on Y-chromosome lineages, and the Iron Age influence in the populations of Iberia. Implications of our results for the highly debated origin of Basques are also discussed. Am J Phys Anthropol, 2003. Copyright 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Polak
    I would love to see the full article...Dalonord, do you have access to this?

I'm looking. I'll let you know what I find....

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Polak,

Yup, I've got it....although their PDF version doesn't seem to be working. I can copy and paste the article and email it to you if you'd like. Let me know.

cheers

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 28th, 2007 @ 02:56 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/UP
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Apolitical
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allenson
    Polak,

Yup, I've got it....although their PDF version doesn't seem to be working. I can copy and paste the article and email it to you if you'd like. Let me know.

cheers

Yes, sir. That would be fantastic.

Last Online
    Friday, June 15th, 2012 @ 04:40 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Country
    United States United States
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Lovecraftian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Insights Into Iberian Population Origins

Insights Into Iberian Population Origins Through the Construction of Highly Informative Y-Chromosome Haplotypes Using Biallelic Markers, STRs, and the MSY1 Minisatellite

To investigate the diversity of Y chromosomes in the Iberian Peninsula and the North African population of Maghreb, we constructed superhaplotypes on the basis of 10 biallelic markers, 7 microsatellites, and 1 minisatellite located in the nonrecombining portion of the human Y chromosome. The analysis of extremely high MSY1 variability was performed by reducing the MVR-codes to modular structures. Y-STRs and MSY1 data provide information about the relationship between closely related populations such as those of Iberia. Analysis of defined by those polymorphisms. The haplogroup background showed clear differences between Iberian populations and the North African one. The use of differently mutating Y-chromosome markers allowed us to infer different population events at different time scales: the Paleolithic background of the Iberian Peninsula, the Neolithic fingerprint on Y-chromosome lineages, and the Iron Age influence in the populations of Iberia. Implications of our results for the highly debated origin of Basques are also discussed.