Saturday, October 24th, 2009 @ 12:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alizon Device View Post
    It's one thing adhering to your own belief system; it's a completely different thing actively attacking the religion that our great, great forefathers, to the times 10 believed in and founded Germanic civilisation upon.

If you believe your Christ is 'Lord', then I respect your belief. I, myself, was brought up as a strict Protestant.
    What I don't expect is some upstart, arrogant (surely Jesus had a lot to say about human arrogance) individual to start slagging off original European pagan belief systems, when he doesn't even reside in Mother Europe!

Before I read this thread I was pretty ambivalent about Christians sharing our forum.
    Since that poisonous individual's input, I am totally against.
    If your bottom doesn't hit the exit door, then that's just fine. Whatever makes you happy, mate.
    You are toally against "Christians sharing our forum" based on one "poisonous individual's input" ?! Really?

If your opinion, Alizon Device, is held by the majority of the Germanics here, we Christians would be fools if we stayed. Perhaps you're speaking for a small, already anti-Christian minority.

If you or anyone here can find one single anti-Heathen post made by me (either at Blut und Boden or here on Skadi) I'll kiss your hairy little pagan butt.

I have deep respect for the ancient religion of our German ancestors, and I have zero interest in converting anyone to my Faith. In sum, I don't care who our what you worship (or don't).

Last Online
    Monday, April 26th, 2010 @ 04:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The problem with ridding any forum of Christians is that it would not stop Christian ideas from infiltrating in the eyes of the paranoid. I am definitely not a Christian but whenever I try to explain my beliefs in a structured way I am always accused of being a Christian. Christianity is just used as an excuse to put blame on those whose views of the ancient traditions don't agree with one's personal atheistic leaning opinions which in these days are almost always tainted with spiritism/occultism, modern philosophy, and academic errors; it strikes me as odd that there is a widespread fear of a set doctrine and metaphysical theories but heathens are all too willing to agree readily with the ideas coming from the "left hand path," naturalism, neospiritualism, theosophism, and collective academia. The devil/trickster-giant can easily be a theologian/philosopher and a moralist if it helps him promulgate false ideas.

Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 03:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Koos
    I have deep respect for the ancient religion of our German ancestors, and I have zero interest in converting anyone to my Faith. In sum, I don't care who our what you worship (or don't).
    Unfortunately, you are quite alone with this standpoint.

The funny thing is, that the most insulting posts (like the ones Jael posted and that stem almost exclusively from one user) are coming from people who are not even Christians.
    And the most insulting posts come from someone who claims to be heathen but spreads islamic views and actively tries to convert people to his 'one and only true' belief, insulting and downgrading everyone who even dares to question his interpretation. I guess everyone knows who's meant.

Anyway, Papa Koos, although I am anti-christian, I would find it sad if you would leave. Besides your rudeness sometimes I really do appreciate your posts and sensible insight, as well as those from some other christians here (like Chlodovech).

And Jael, I'm really the first who understands your concern, but in the context of Germanic preservation we need most of all people who actually do care about our folk, and when these people happen to be christian, well, then so be it.
    As Sigurd said, this battle is maybe not to be fought now. Although I do agree that a strong heathen belief would eradicate some basic problems at once... but still, a christian caring consciously about our folk and future in the end is worth more than all these fun-heathens, who consider it just 'hip' to wear a Thor's hammer and making party, but actually do know nothing about our heritage and the danger we as a folk are in.
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Last Online
    Monday, April 26th, 2010 @ 04:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    And the most insulting posts come from someone who claims to be heathen
    I have never claimed this title. Heathen does not equal traditionalist.

but spreads islamic views
    You keep saying this but offer nothing to back it up other than so and so was a muslim and have not even considered that two traditions might share something in common like eternity or omniscience, which in no way could be limited to semitic religions. Indeed, I have already proved this regardless of your protests. All you are doing is dismissing everything out of hand. And the idea that one cannot speak objectively about another tradition is absurd, since no one can claim unbroken succession from ancient "pagan" traditions. Often the people who claim this title have the least right to it.

and actively tries to convert people to his 'one and only true' belief
    I never attempted to convert anyone, which is impossible over the internet and would only lead to a popularization and watering down of ideas that can only really be grasped by a few; hence, many people don't even suspect the existence of that which I wrote about; but does that make it unreal? Not in the least. Moreover, the idea that there is one truth is much more palatable than allowing an anarchy of ideas and individualist tendencies which can only lead to collective ignorance and manias.

insulting and downgrading everyone who even dares to question his interpretation.
    Pointing out errors and misunderstandings is not an insult, but people who actively and dishonestly resort to propaganda cannot be respected as would someone who is sincere.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Family
    Engaged parent
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybright View Post
    The thread was successfully trolled. It had moved from a productive discussion and was well on its way to a flame war. That is not the purpose of the boards, and is a violation of the rules.
    That wasn't trolling,
    it was an authentic Christian view on Paganism.
    Christians thought our religion was stupid and backwards,
    that's why they did all possible to remove it,
    except they didn't sterilize the adherents,
    they slaughtered them!

You have quoted posts with inflammatory comments. I have asked you to forward where the posts come from so that they may be reviewed, and you have not done so. I just want to understand your purpose. Are you just looking to complain? Are you looking for an actual discussion on the differing opinions? Do you want action taken on inappropriate posts, or do you want them left up so others can determine their take on the opinion presented? What do you feel I can do about the post that you would like for me to do?
    I'm already told you what I think of censorship.
    If someone commits a crime against your community's heritage,
    do you erase his criminal record as it never was,
    or do you remove him for the safety of the community's heritage?
    If a adherent to Islam or Judaism comes here to spread his ideas,
    and post hostilely against Pagans,
    do you censor him or do you remove him?
    I've never seen a Muslim or Jew on this forum.
    But Christians are plenty.

My point of posting those quotes,
    was to show what the Christian thinks about the Heathen.
    As long as Christians are allowed here,
    it will always happen.
    You can censor it now,
    but just as AngloTeutonic wrote his insulting post in this thread,
    another Christian will post another insult to our heritage in another.
    I'm suggesting not to allow opponents of Germanic religion at all,
    just as you don't allow people who disrespect Germanic ethnicity,
    race and culture.
    To bare Christians (read people who propagate Christian views) from this Germanic forum altogether.
    Do you understand me now?

Which do you prefer, having inappropriate posts left up to offend you and others or would you prefer that the moderators enforce the rules for the board? That is a rhetorical question, since it is our job to enforce the rules of the board and remove posts that are such clear violation of our community rules.
    As I said,
    I prefer neither.
    You can erase the posts from the thread,
    but they remain in the minds.
    Everyone here who saw AngloTeutonic's post,
    now knows what his colours are.
    Just as we know,
    that people who are hostile and hateful of indigenous Germanic religion,
    are allowed to be part of this community.
    He should have been banned,
    and I think I'm not the only who thinks it.

Do I think this solves the problem of Christian bias against Heathen Heritage? I do not think any single action I take is going to do that. I don’t claim that power. I am here to promote discussion within the rules of the board. When the rules are violated, the moderators take action. We do not see every objectionable post.
    You admit it doesn't solve the problem.
    Your idea of Germanic heritage is constant battles between Christians and Heathens?
    It's simple to solve it.
    Exclude Christians from this forum,
    just as you exclude other non-Germanic religions.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    I'm sorry Jael but in my view you're exaggerating. You picked a few posts out of so many on this board, and some of them aren't expressly anti-Heathen in my view. We must also see the context.
    But please, Jael, let's look at the Christian domination on this board. There is little if at all. Most of the staff is either Heathen or Atheist. Besides Chlodovech, I can't see a Christian member on the staff. The regulars are Heathen and Atheist predominantly too. My themes on Christian theology and interpretation get few answers, and some of them come from Heathens.
    So you see, it's not the image you're painting. On some days, Christian presence on Skadi is barely noticed.
    Another thing, I could also quote you some hostile reactions from Heathens to Christianity. I'm seeing it more and more often. Reading what some Heathens have to say about Christianity, you wouldn't say it belongs as a "protected" religion here as you're imagining.

Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 03:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by exit
    I have never claimed this title. Heathen does not equal traditionalist.
    The point is, you keep applying your ungrounded interpretation to the heathen gods, twisting the meaning of the giants into demons, who revolted, keep comparing the gods to celestial and very semitic angels, you quote the bible and so on.
    Whatever you call yourself, for someone who can see it still is a semitic/islamic, monotheistic viewpoint, what you spread.

You keep saying this but offer nothing to back it up other than so and so was a muslim and have not even considered that two traditions might share something in common like eternity or omniscience, which in no way could be limited to semitic religions. Indeed, I have already proved this regardless of your protests. All you are doing is dismissing everything out of hand.
    It's not only me doing this, everyone who engaged once in your posts told you that. You proved nothing, except that you are a monotheist covering his intents in polytheistic frames.

And the idea that one cannot speak objectively about another tradition is absurd, since no one can claim unbroken succession from ancient "pagan" traditions. Often the people who claim this title have the least right to it.
    You see, you do it again. You claim to be more pagan than the people who were raised this way, although all your sources are either islamic or semitic, you are a perennialist, who doesnt care the least about the authencitiy of the used sources, and even less about the wrong interpretations by muslims and semits concerning these sources.

Moreover, the idea that there is one truth is much more palatable than allowing an anarchy of ideas and individualist tendencies which can only lead to collective ignorance and manias.
    I dont care if you find your interpretation of what you consider the 'one truth' is palatable to you.
    What I care about in this context is your constant and still unprooved claiming that you would be the one who ate the truth with some sort of golden spoon and everyone else here would fall into your created category of maniacs having an anarchy of ideas. What you spread is not the truth, so much is sure, as well as this is an insult to everyone else.

Pointing out errors and misunderstandings is not an insult, but people who actively and dishonestly resort to propaganda cannot be respected as would someone who is sincere.
    Now you know why you are not respected, because you resort to (islamic) propaganda.

And although you are clever enough to never go directly against someone special, the very most of your posts are an constant insult against everone who doesnt share your views (what would be almost 100% of the users here). That has nothing to do with a debate over your views, you just want everyone to buy every single word you say, and you dont even hesitate to label everyone who does not to be stupid, ignorant, an anarchist or maniac.

Not an insult? Well, I think it is, and I think it is intented to insult. You know exactly what you are doing and how, because you studied your islamic propaganda works quite well.

That you use words like universal, obejective, and tradition is just another proof that you actually want to convert, despite what you say.

Another thing about you (thinking about 'sincere') is, that after your whining thread noone likes me (has Skadi lost its diversity), you suddenly had about 200 posts more and your rep points raised from 2 blocks to 4 blocks - within one night. For some reason I think that this was not a sober way, but obviously your whining helped you here. For whatever reason.

I just think that this is tantamount to fraud.
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

8. The Following User Says Thank You to velvet For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2012 @ 10:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Koos View Post
    You are toally against "Christians sharing our forum" based on one "poisonous individual's input" ?! Really?
    No, actually. Did you not read the other quotes which Jael helpfully put up?
    If your opinion, Alizon Device, is held by the majority of the Germanics here, we Christians would be fools if we stayed. Perhaps you're speaking for a small, already anti-Christian minority.
    I'm speaking, as always, only for myself.
    I find the idea of machiavellian members ganging up to bash another person quite childish and would never countenance such 'bullying'.
    (If you check my profile you will see that I have no contacts or 'friends' here. ).

If you or anyone here can find one single anti-Heathen post made by me (either at Blut und Boden or here on Skadi) I'll kiss your hairy little pagan butt.
    I joined BuB in spring 2005, but was under the impression that it no longer exists.
    Oh, and I'm not a heathen, by the way; I'm agnostic.
    (And please can you stop mentioning men's bottoms in your posts? That's 2 posts out of three that you've done it in this thread.)

Then you hold a minority opinion within your religion.

Lost in Melancholia
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    It´s a tough topic. Honestly, i can understand both sides, like Jael and Papa Koos. My family and all of my known ancestors are and were Christian catholics (except my Swedish ancestor from the 30-years war ), and most of them were very faithful catholics. I´m a proud heathen and share some kind of antipathy for Christanity due to the brutal and rude things they´ve done to us heathens in the past and the...dogmas...they spread up to today.

Yet I can´t dislike my ancestors, my family or the other Bavarian/Germanic people around me for that. That´re just some different pairs of shoes! Many of our ancestors hadn´t the opportunities to learn about our heathen past and heathen views - like we do in times of free media and internet. They were born into a world where Christianity was omnipresent and the center of all life! It´s not their fault because they didn´t knew it better. The responsible ones were the Christian heathen-slaughters from centuries ago, and I despise them. Those who urged our people to switch to Christianity by blood and steel are the evil ones...I see our people more than victims. Nowadays only very less people are die-hard Christians who want to convert others.

My personal modus operandi is:

As long as they stick to their Christian religion without trying to turn others (like heathens) to their fate I´ve no real problems with them. I can accept them as comrades for our struggle to achieve our goals of Germanic preservation. Each to their own, even if I´d love to see them turning to Heathendom in some point of their life. But I´ve a problems with Christians who see their fate as the better one in contrast to our heathen fate or with Christians who deny the heathen past of our folk and people. To be honest, these ones can go jump in a lake! So far I´ve only seen very less Christians of that kind within our board, and that´s a good thing. The question if full Germanic preservation can only be achieved when all of our people return to our ancient heathen fate is a question of secondary importance in light of our current problems with mass-immigration, islamism and political correctness.

I guess my personal modus operandi could also be a solution for the whole board. And, by the way, it´s also a main and important part of our rules.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last Online
    Saturday, July 28th, 2012 @ 12:36 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Deutschland
    Country
    United States United States
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    Unfortunately, you are quite alone with this standpoint.

The funny thing is, that the most insulting posts (like the ones Jael posted and that stem almost exclusively from one user) are coming from people who are not even Christians.
    And the most insulting posts come from someone who claims to be heathen but spreads islamic views and actively tries to convert people to his 'one and only true' belief, insulting and downgrading everyone who even dares to question his interpretation. I guess everyone knows who's meant.

Anyway, Papa Koos, although I am anti-christian, I would find it sad if you would leave. Besides your rudeness sometimes I really do appreciate your posts and sensible insight, as well as those from some other christians here (like Chlodovech).

And Jael, I'm really the first who understands your concern, but in the context of Germanic preservation we need most of all people who actually do care about our folk, and when these people happen to be christian, well, then so be it.
    As Sigurd said, this battle is maybe not to be fought now. Although I do agree that a strong heathen belief would eradicate some basic problems at once... but still, a christian caring consciously about our folk and future in the end is worth more than all these fun-heathens, who consider it just 'hip' to wear a Thor's hammer and making party, but actually do know nothing about our heritage and the danger we as a folk are in.
    Velvet, I try not to be anti-anything, except for the following:

1. Islamic I want to kill you, your children, and destroy western civilization
    2. Those that are #1s collaborators - socialists, global warming alarmists, leftists, marxists, communists, GBLT-deviants, Zionists, etc...
    3. Anti-anti-american-germanic
    4. Social Scientists
    5. Bedouin Butchers - see #1
    6. Self loathing, collective guilt believers
    7. Abortion on demand supporters
    8. History Revisionists

If I think of some more I'll add them!

Yes I am a Christian, so? I don't really care about Heathens, Pagans, etc. You are not my enemy, I made it quite clear who my enemy is, and they are yours as well!

Besides I'll out breed you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Jael View Post
    That wasn't trolling,
    it was an authentic Christian view on Paganism.
    Christians thought our religion was stupid and backwards,
    that's why they did all possible to remove it,
    except they didn't sterilize the adherents,
    they slaughtered them!

I'm already told you what I think of censorship.
    If someone commits a crime against your community's heritage,
    do you erase his criminal record as it never was,
    or do you remove him for the safety of the community's heritage?
    If a adherent to Islam or Judaism comes here to spread his ideas,
    and post hostilely against Pagans,
    do you censor him or do you remove him?
    I've never seen a Muslim or Jew on this forum.
    But Christians are plenty.

My point of posting those quotes,
    was to show what the Christian thinks about the Heathen.
    As long as Christians are allowed here,
    it will always happen.
    You can censor it now,
    but just as AngloTeutonic wrote his insulting post in this thread,
    another Christian will post another insult to our heritage in another.
    I'm suggesting not to allow opponents of Germanic religion at all,
    just as you don't allow people who disrespect Germanic ethnicity,
    race and culture.
    To bare Christians (read people who propagate Christian views) from this Germanic forum altogether.
    Do you understand me now?

As I said,
    I prefer neither.
    You can erase the posts from the thread,
    but they remain in the minds.
    Everyone here who saw AngloTeutonic's post,
    now knows what his colours are.
    Just as we know,
    that people who are hostile and hateful of indigenous Germanic religion,
    are allowed to be part of this community.
    He should have been banned,
    and I think I'm not the only who thinks it.

You admit it doesn't solve the problem.
    Your idea of Germanic heritage is constant battles between Christians and Heathens?
    It's simple to solve it.
    Exclude Christians from this forum,
    just as you exclude other non-Germanic religions.

Jael, the only problem I have with your post is that it is our joint history not just modern day heathens. I think it is presumptuous to think that only modern day heathens have some connection with "OUR" past! My ancestors were driven from the Palatinate by Catholics....I got over that long ago. I do not hold it against them, in fact they are my bretheren and sisters like you are. I don't try to push my views on anyone, if I am asked I share. Besides the god I believe in IS all about freedom to choose, it seems like some of our collective ancestors forgot that too!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast