Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classify Jonathan Frakes (Cmdr. William T. Riker)

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Post Re: Jonathan Frakes (Cmdr. William T. Riker)

Quote Originally Posted by Milesian
    I seem to remember he put on quite a bit of weight as TNG progressed.
    When I have time, I'll see if I can find a pic of him in the early episodes, when if memory serves me correct, he might have displayed a more gracile appearance.
    That's right, Milesian, I remember the first promotional pictures for ST:TNG and Riker/Frakes reminded me of The Shat in his heydays when he steered stoutly to the Undiscovered Countries, because his ship couldn't reverse
    He should slim down a bit, he is still too young to compete witha hamosaurus like William Shatner.

Anyway, beaky noses do appear in German Borreby and might be related to contacts with Dinaroids.

Frakes'occiput betrays some Borreby strain, but I find him mainly a slightly overweighed Nordic-Bruenn .

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 05:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

You mean a Troender?

Last Online
    Monday, November 6th, 2017 @ 06:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gotho Croat
    Ancestry
    Gotland
    Subrace
    Corded
    Y-DNA
    I1a
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Gotlandia Gotlandia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finally a non-jew in Star Trek (look at the thread "Classify these two great captains")

some of you mentioned his strange skin colour - pigmentantion
    he just turned red ,during the sun exposure, like all north Europe tourist I see turn.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall
    You mean a Troender?
    Unlikely, no inflated temporals...I would go for generalized Nordic modified by some UP source or just a different clade type within the Nordic range.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by White Falcon
    Finally a non-jew in Star Trek (look at the thread "Classify these two great captains")

some of you mentioned his strange skin colour - pigmentantion
    he just turned red ,during the sun exposure, like all north Europe tourist I see turn.
    Frakes, Stewart and co are liberals, the latter is campaigning for the Labour Party and Frakes often stressed that the world of Star Trek is colour-blind.

Whatever, have you ever seen TOS episode Patterns of Force?

http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/sta...nsOfForce.html

When the Enterprise approaches the inner planet Ekos to investigate the cessation of communication with researcher John Gill, it is attacked with a rocket carrying a nuclear weapon. This is puzzling as well as dangerous, since neither the outer planet Zeon nor the inner planet Ekos is technologically advanced enough to possess rockets or nuclear warheads. The Enterprise retreats to maximum orbital distance and Kirk and Spock beam down (after having position-broadcasting transponders surgically implanted in case of mishaps).

Kirk and Spock discover that a Nazi movement has swept the planet, complete with genocide of the "Zeon pigs" residing on Ekos. They view a public newscast in which the Iron Cross second class is presented to Daras, hero of the Fatherland. Kirk and Spock are also shocked to learn that Gill appears to be the leader of the planet's Nazi movement.

When they are approached and questioned by a Nazi Lieutenant, they overpower him and Spock steals his uniform. Spock then pretends that Kirk is a Zeon he has captured and nerve pinches a Gestapo commander who wishes to take charge of Kirk. This provides Kirk's uniform, and Spock compliments Kirk by telling him "You should make a very convincing Nazi."

As Kirk and Spock make their way to see the Führer, they are confronted by a Nazi S.S. Major after Spock neglects to salute him. The Major becomes suspicious, and Spock is exposed when he is forced to remove his helmet. Spock and Kirk are then whipped in the process of being interrogated. Nazi Party Chairman Eneg interrupts the "questioning" and tells the Nazis to lock up Kirk and Spock for an hour (in contradiction to standing orders to execute prisoners after interrogation).

In prison, Kirk and Spock speak to an imprisoned Zeon (whom they had previously encountered being beaten on the street by the Nazis) and find that the Nazi movement began several years ago (corresponding with the arrival of Gill). They escape from prison by making a primitive laser from the rubindium crystals in their transponders using their cell's incandescent bulb as the excitation source (not quite a flash arc and ruby crystal, but close enough in a pinch). Spock hides outside the cell and then nerve pinches the guard when Kirk summons him under the pretext of wanting to talk. Kirk and Spock also allow the Zeon prisoner to tag along.

Kirk and Spock penetrate Nazi headquarters with the help of Secretary Daras and Chairman Eneg. They discover that Gill is only the drugged puppet of deputy Führer Melakon after he gives a stilted speech unleashing the final assault on Zeon. McCoy is beamed down and manages to barely overcome the drug. Gill tells them that he started the Nazi movement to unify the planet (because it was the "most efficient system Earth ever knew"). With an extra hypo from Kirk, Gill manages to call back the invasion fleet and denounce Melakon as a traitor. Melakon grabs a machine-gun and kills Gill, only to be shot himself. Chairman Eneg takes over and stops the killing, declaring that "it is time to live the way our Fürher intended. Kirk and company then return to the Enterprise in peace.
    The episode was pretty subversive in that the merits and accomplishments of Nazi Germany were acknowledged and Hitler became just one of the many powerhungry tyrants in an endless list of despots...not an icon of ultimate evil...

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Jews destroyed Star Trek.

Last Online
    Monday, August 15th, 2005 @ 04:52 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Politics
    Logic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall
    Jews destroyed Star Trek.
    Though surely to appear unpopular, Jews kind of made the first series with their signature roles with Shatner, Nimoy, and Koenig. The show became progressively less jewish with each new show. Many of the technical staff, artists, and science advisors are non-jews as well.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer Mann
    Though surely to appear unpopular, Jews kind of made the first series with their signature roles with Shatner, Nimoy, and Koenig. The show became progressively less jewish with each new show. Many of the technical staff, artists, and science advisors are non-jews as well.
    Of course, but my point still stands...

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    https://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=Frakes
    https://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=Frake

I made ignorant statements back then. His family came from the English Midlands. His mother was a Yingling or Yuengling, i.e. German. He's from Pennsylvania and everything makes sense now.

To me, the shape of his skull, with the points of his ears and nose, along with his chin, seem Borreby, although the shape of his chin is Bruenn. Sure his nasal shape is not typical, but I don't know how that throws the rest of it off. His Nordic is probably Anglo-Saxon, keeping him lanky despite being heavy and solid.

That's actually an issue I have. I'm very heavy regardless of my caloric intake and whether I work out, but it's not immediately apparent, because losing some weight and being skinny doesn't show up on the scale. I'm not as tall as my father, but I have the same body type and weigh more. I don't know how to keep off the weight on a permanent basis. I have not been consistently under 230 lbs. since before I turned 21. If I actively exercise, training hard, I can make 215, but I feel like I'm starving all the time, whilst anything less than that makes me lose energy and sleepy. I don't like feeling weak.

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 10:30 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Jutland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Family
    Widowed
    Politics
    cons. old fashion worker class
    Religion
    Philosophical Archaic Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    His head could be seen occasionally in my area,
    when considering his out-shape picture currently on Wikipedia:

From en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Frakes

In my family I am not aware of such head and face type.

Persons that are portrayed in the main-stream-media,
    that resemble him :

From de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Kubicki

WolfGang Kubicki is a high ranked politician of the Liberal Democratic Party FDP in my state,
    but born in Lower Saxony and his surname sounds more Slavic / Polish , than German.
    Mk 10:18 What do you call me a good master, no-one is good .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast