View Poll Results: I would define class according to:

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • wealth

0 0%
  • family prestige (hereditary like descending from nobility)

1 7.14%
  • education

0 0%
  • behavior/manners/etiquette

3 21.43%
  • race (a sort of caste system like in India)

1 7.14%
  • a combination thereof

6 42.86%
  • another factor not mentioned above (specify).

3 21.43%

Thread: How Would You Ideally Define Class?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

How Would You Ideally Define Class?

According to wealth, family prestige (hereditary like descending from nobility), education, behavior/manners/etiquette, or race (a sort of caste system like in India)?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nachtengel For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    18 Hours Ago @ 10:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Far Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Just a few I can think of, but there are many, many more.

The pursuit of all things sublime and beautiful. In short, Germanic refinement.

Behaving towards your equals with the utmost courtesy and respect; earning the right to fit in with those have have already achieved or are near to achieving class.

Good, tradional Germanic manners.

Class does not allow itself to degenerate as the "upper" classes have allowed themselves to.

It is still opening the door for ladies and the lady expressing genuine thanks in return.

It is recognizing and interpreting any and all attempts to subvert the Germanic way of life, which is the classiest of all ways.

It is giving even your enemies a chance to be heard during debate, unlike the classless, shout-you-down methods of Bill O'Reilly. Never interupt.

It is belonging to an elite, or nobility that has transcended titles.

It stands in the face of the enemy to fight for its life, even if it knows that death is likely.

It learns to stop whining and have appreciation for the countless millions who have suffered worse and never whined about it themsleves.

Self-sacrifice, going out of its way to make friends and aquaintances as happy as possible.

Confidence is class and rubs off on others around you.

Class competes with class as a way of refining itself. By constantly trying to out-strive previous shining examples, you set a proper path for others to follow and in turn refine your own standards.

You cannot buy class, because you then have to buy people who wait at your heels just to tell you that you do, so long as you keep paying them. I have read numerous stories of wealthy individuals who have to hire people with class in order to fill their mansions with refined things, and then pretend to have class themselves.

People like Heidi Klum may have the physical look of class but they haven't a shred of it on the inside.

Anyone who supports immigration, homosexuality, race-mixing, and refuses to see how these trendy, mainstream forms of "class" are destroying not just Gemanics but everybody else in the process are utterly classless.

Class is when your friends and family respect you so much they will fight for you, to the death if need be, and you would return the favor.

Respect your children, giving them adult tasks while they are still kids, instilling in them a sense of responsibility that they will carry into adulthood. Class is inherited by example.

It is the feminine, and knowing how feminism has corrupted and cheapened women.
    It is the masculine and knowing how feminism has all but emasculated men.

It is knowing that family is the most important institution.

I will hunt an animal if I need to eat and survive, but I will not for the sheer thrill of the kill. In the olden days a real man would allow his prey a fighting chance out of respect, allowing it to charge. If the hunter is a real man he will stand his ground as well as prove his skill as a hunter. I just cant find any respect for hunters today who sneak up on an elephant or grizzly bear and kill it without giving these majestic animals a chance to fight. This is the equivalent of how the jew has hunted the gentile, sneaking up on us and killing our heritage.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wulfram For This Useful Post:

Omnia in bonum
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    42 Minutes Ago @ 04:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon + Borreby
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    A combination thereof.

Traditionally, I consider class to be a combination of educational level, income, profession, in addition to taste, values and ideas. However, I think class is really defined by behaviour, manners and etiquette, and it isn't necessarily concentrated in the upper echelons of society.
    The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they are felt with the heart.
    -Antoine de Saint Exupery

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    52 Minutes Ago @ 04:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Politics
    Traditon, Monarchy, Patriotism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Wealth, education and behavior.

Wild Cat
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/German American
    Ancestry
    England and Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Cancer
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    I work at home.
    Politics
    Not a Republicrat.
    Religion
    Nondenominational Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    708 Posts
    Personally, I think those who believe class differences are based solely on economic factors, or artsy-fartsy interests are basically just elitist snobs.

However, race and genetics do play a significant, and realistic role in creating mentally and physically superior beings who are able to achieve a state of excellence without treating those around them with disrespectful contempt.

This is why I'm a proponent of eugenics. Stronger, faster, smarter people who also understand the definition of compassion and empathy is exactly what this twisted world needs to save it from destroying itself.

Class Prejudice:

Believing that certain people are superior doesn't automatically make them superior beings. It just means they are allowed to occupy a position of power to fulfill a role that is beneficial (or not) to society.

"Social class prejudice normally involves elitism. Elitism is the attitude that members of a certain social class have personal abilities, such as intelligence or leadership skills, that place them at the top of the social stratification. Their views are taken more seriously than others. They are considered the most fit to govern a nation. Elites hold special positions of authority and enjoy special privileges that set them apart from others in society. They are accustomed to being treated specially with favoritism. Examples of well-known elites in America include wealthy presidents, including Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882–1945; served 1933–45) and George H. W. Bush (1924–; served 1989–1993), and celebrities such as professional athletes like basketball star Michael Jordan (1963–), actor Tom Cruise (1962–), and singer Michael Jackson (1958–). Some people are treated with favoritism simply because they are famous; however, being famous does not automatically make a person elite."

https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-...lass-prejudice

Frankly, I can think and work more efficiently than most of the materialistic elitists who smugly 'feel' that being able to purchase an exorbitantly expensive object that supposedly passes for sophisticated art makes them superior to me... And I hardly consider myself to be a superior being. Just more aware of the BS that surrounds me.
    “A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.” Robert A. Heinlein

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gareth Lee Hunter For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    56 Minutes Ago @ 04:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    765 Posts
    I don't really think you can define class.

You just know it when you see it!

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    Class may be defined differently in different social circles. To me class is integrity above all else.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 07:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Married
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    You could suddenly lose all your wealth, but the class, refinement (prudence, modesty, etiquette, good taste) and education will remain inherent for the rest of your life.

Noblesse oblige. Truly european stoicism, like Benjamin Guggenheim saying "We've dressed up in our best and are prepared to go down like gentlemen", waiting for the inevitable death at that point when the Titanic was sinking.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Volk und Rasse For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 04:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Welsh, Danish, French Huguenot with distant German
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Georgia Georgia
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk und Rasse View Post
    You could suddenly lose all your wealth, but the class, refinement (prudence, modesty, etiquette, good taste) and education will remain inherent for the rest of your life.

Noblesse oblige. Truly european stoicism, like Benjamin Guggenheim saying "We've dressed up in our best and are prepared to go down like gentlemen", waiting for the inevitable death at that point when the Titanic was sinking.
    All of these combined with pride, which a lot of stupid people think is evil.