Thread: Most Americans Think Palestinians Must Recognize Israel's Right to Exist

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    631 Posts

Most Americans Think Palestinians Must Recognize Israel's Right to Exist

Eighty-one percent of American voters agree that Palestinian leaders must recognize Israel's right to exist as part of a Middle East peace agreement, according to a new survey by U.S. polling company Rasmussen Reports published Tuesday.

The national telephone survey found that just seven percent disagree that recognition of Israel should be a requirement for peace, while 12 percent are not sure.

But only 27 percent believe it is somewhat likely that Palestinian leaders will agree to recognize Israel's right to exist, the poll found.
    Continued:
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1095064.html

Last Online
    Friday, March 9th, 2012 @ 09:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Western Race Soul
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those evil, evil Palestinians, why can't they just get along?

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 15th, 2009 @ 10:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Guessed atm, will fill later
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont think that Arabs are any better than Jews. Islam is one of the main threats to humanity.

Last Online
    Friday, March 9th, 2012 @ 09:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Western Race Soul
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The difference is that the Muslims have no power.

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 @ 05:22 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Besides all that Middle Eastern oil and the wealth that is has brought them, and not to mention the sheer number of around 1,5 billion of them (and growing). But to be fair, I support (or at least, I am indifferent to) whatever a Muslim does in his own country, because it's not my place as a foreigner to tell him or her what to do.

That said, I don't think too many people around here support the idea of Israel (myself included). At least, most people don't want to be indirectly involved in the support of Israel, via their government's and other organisations' help. I have no idea why Israel support is so huge in the USA, besides the media bias. It's pretty shocking, I rarely ever meet people even in my everyday life here in Canada who support it, besides politicians of course heh heh.

Well actually I don't know about that, maybe there are some zionists around here, there are some pretty diverse opinions I've seen around.

Edit: But uh yeah, Muslim Palestinian Arabs have very little wealth or power in their country, I agree with you Saxnot. I was commenting on Muslimdom I suppose (is that even a word?).

Last Online
    Saturday, May 12th, 2012 @ 04:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Germany, Ireland, Wales
    Subrace
    Sindarin
    Country
    State
    Maryland Maryland
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Ontological Cryptanalyst
    Politics
    Religion
    Spiritual Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    "Eighty-one percent of American voters agree that Palestinian leaders must recognize Israel's right to exist as part of a Middle East peace agreement"

The bold letters are important here. It suggests the question was posed to the American people as this:

"In order for there to be peace in the Mid East, should Palestinians recognize Israels right to exist?"

Naturally, when someone hears the question stated as such, they will logically say "Yes". Because peace cannot exist without both sides coming to terms with each others demands - a compromise. Which naturally includes an Israeli Nation + Palestinian demands (and possibly Nation). So by logical default they will say "yes". Peace cannot exist any other way.

This however, is something quite different from agreeing that Israel has a right to exist in itself. If the question were posed as "Does Israel have a right to exist". I don't think the percentage of Americans answering in the affirmative would be as high.

Those unconcerned, and therefore ignorant, of the conflict and manner in which the state was created, would still probably agree. Because to them it is the same as asking whether or not Japan has a right to exist. Which seems to be a given "yes".

But those knowledgeable on the conflict and manner of Israels creation wouldn't be so quick to answer in the affirmative. Indeed, probability of answering "no" would increase, if the question were posed independent of a "peace agreement" context.
    yDNA: R1a1a1
    mtDNA: H4a1
    Ancestry Painting: 100% European
    23andme Global Similarity: Dead center of English Cluster