@
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    631 Posts

Your Governor

Since there are Americans from different states here, let's see what you think of your governor. A short questionnaire:

1. Who is your governor? Give some background information about him.
    2. What are his political convictions?
    3. Do you agree or disagree with his political convictions?
    4. If you are dissatisfied with your governor, who would you rather see in this position instead?

Last Online
    Saturday, August 13th, 2011 @ 03:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    German, English
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Maryland Maryland
    Married parent
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    Since there are Americans from different states here, let's see what you think of your governor. A short questionnaire:

1. Who is your governor? Give some background information about him.
    2. What are his political convictions?
    3. Do you agree or disagree with his political convictions?
    4. If you are dissatisfied with your governor, who would you rather see in this position instead?

In general, I doubt that you'll find much support on these forums for any elected US official. Both major US parties (Democratic and Republican) are enemies to German, Germanic, or even pan-European nationalism or ethnic identity. We don't really have any party that's equivalent to the NPD here in the states, mostly because ethnic nationalism is a political non-starter here and our first past the post, winner take all electoral system makes both major parties too afraid of alienating hispanics (and thus losing elections) to truly oppose illegal immigration.

I'm from Maryland, but I currently live in Virginia. I'll give you answers for both.

Virginia- Tim Kaine He also happens to be chairman of the national Democratic Party. He's a graduate of Harvard Law School, and he's friends with Barack Obama. At one time he was rumored to be Obama's choice for Vice President. The people of Virginia are generally irritated with him because he seems to dedicate more time in his role as chairman of the Democratic Party than he does performing his duties as mayor.

Here is his official website: http://www.governor.virginia.gov/Abo.../biography.cfm

Maryland- Martin O'Malley

He's also a Democrat. Before being elected Governor of Maryland, he gained fame as the Mayor of Baltimore (Maryland's largest city). He is not as prominent of a figure nationally as Tim Kaine.

Here is his official website: http://www.governor.maryland.gov/biography.asp

Both men are Roman Catholics.

2. In a nutshell, the Democratic party is (from what I understand) somewhat of a cross between the SPD (socially) and the FDP (economically). Here is the link to the Democratic Party's platform: http://www.democrats.org/a/party/stand.html

Both men are relatively orthodox members of the Democratic party.

3. I disagree with most of the principles of the Democratic party, especially their white guilt, worship of multiculturalism, support for illegal immigration, and their soft stance on crime.

4. I don't really have anyone in mind that I'd like to be the governor of either state (except for myself, of course). I strongly disagree with both major parties, and the only "third parties" are Libertarians, Communists, or Religious fanatics.

The closest thing we have to a nationalist politician is Pat Buchanan. He's a little to religious and a little too enamoured with American exceptionalism for my taste, but he's really the only prominent American voice who addresses ethnic American concerns on a level deeper than white v. black. He's also anti- Neo Con.

I'd vote for him for governor (I voted for him for President when he ran in 2000). Unfortunately, he's nearly 80 years old and not a politically viable candidate.

I recommend reading his book "The Death of the West" for an in-depth treatment of ethnic concerns from an American perspective

Here's his website: http://buchanan.org/blog/biography

Another potential candidate for me would be Bill Bolling, a Republican and the current Lieutenant Governor of Virginia.

I voted for Bolling in his the election for Virginia Lieutenant Governor because he takes a strong position against illegal immigration in Virginia (Virginia is particually beset by illegal immigration). I might vote for him for Governor, but I don't like his other positions very much (too religious, too much support for lassiez-faire capitalism)

Here's his website: http://www.ltgov.virginia.gov/about/aboutBill.cfm

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Our Governor in Indiana is Mitch Daniels he is a Republican and a Conservative. Gov. Daniels back ground is from the business world than he was economic advisor to Geoge W. Bush. Being Governor of Indiana is his first elected post.
    As far as Governors go I guess he is OK. Most states around us have lost many more jobs than we have. I have met him two or three times and he seems nice. Gov. Daniels needs to take a firmer stand on illegal aliens from Mexico and other Hispanic crap holes.
    Most of the people who do not like Gov. Daniels are blind Democrats or negroes that vote on party lines.