Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    Are you a smoker Sigurd? I did myself for 16 years.
    If you do smoke I fully understand how you must defend the position.
    As I stated, I see where you are coming from on Filter Cigarettes, to some extent --- but I will pose the question again: What is feminine or even homo-erotic about rolling your own?

Observe your surroundings as to smokers (well, it at least works over here in Europe, where rollup-smokers abound) and you will soon find that it tends to be the more masculine men who tend to smoke roll-ups out of "conviction" rather than "necessity".

My stepfather rolled when he smoked, my uncle rolls, I roll myself, my grandfather used to largely roll when he was a smoker, my other uncle conveniently alternated between the practices (pre-made rather than self-rolled were more useful at work being a manual labourer) ... my mother and my aunt (during the times of their smoking) never rolled routinely, just occasionally when someone of rolling experience was in the vicinity.

I make a point of rolling with style, this includes gathering with friends to smoke a pipe; and as far as cigarette tobacco is concerned, usually means the use of a neat leather tobacco pouch, a proper tobacco pouch being the only accessory I feel a man should have.

Addiction makes anyone commit to things that soberness might otherwise not support.
    I have before stopped to smoke, and my views upon the whole matter of smoking did not change. Nor were they much different before I first started to smoke.

Whether they are rolled or filtered I still consider them to be a liberal pursuit. I know there have been some very masculine examples who have indulged, but even the best of men have been fooled by the agenda.
    Smoking, whether in the form of cigars, pipes, cigarillos or cigarettes reaches back way longer than the advent of liberal-left viewpoints.

Many novels and accounts of contemorary life dating back to the 19th century feature cigarette smokers prominently, though their "smoking room" was usually occupied by males alone to the exclusion of females, and usually the habit was practiced by those of considerable social standing.

And, yes, it included self-rolled and filter-less pre-rolled cigarettes, too.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    10 Hours Ago @ 05:15 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Sardonic Misanthrope
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan
    Whether they are rolled or filtered I still consider them to be a liberal pursuit. I know there have been some very masculine examples who have indulged, but even the best of men have been fooled by the agenda.
    Part of this 'agenda' is to prohibite Cannabis, not because it is an evil drug, but because America wanted to defend its world leader position of cotton production. This is actually the only reason why the whole plant, also the THC free sorts, were prohibited after WWII.
    Smoking is a really old human habit, there are pipes dating back to the 15th Century B.C., and cigarettes are mentioned already 1492 by Columbus. You dont want to say that 3500 years ago someone created a 'gay lefty agenda', do you?
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 01:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Far Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Observe your surroundings as to smokers (well, it at least works over here in Europe, where rollup-smokers abound) and you will soon find that it tends to be the more masculine men who tend to smoke roll-ups out of "conviction" rather than "necessity".
    Masculine men are exactly who the conspirators use to legitimize this poison. Once you make it popular with men, females will soon follow.

My stepfather rolled when he smoked, my uncle rolls, I roll myself, my grandfather used to largely roll when he was a smoker, my other uncle conveniently alternated between the practices (pre-made rather than self-rolled were more useful at work being a manual labourer) ... my mother and my aunt (during the times of their smoking) never rolled routinely, just occasionally when someone of rolling experience was in the vicinity.
    As I stated in the previous post, even the best men and women fall prey to this.

Many novels and accounts of contemorary life dating back to the 19th century feature cigarette smokers prominently, though their "smoking room" was usually occupied by males alone to the exclusion of females, and usually the habit was practiced by those of considerable social standing.
    Is it surprising that the French popularized the cigarette back in the 1830s? But it did not immediately take in Europe or in America. At that time cigarettes became very popular with the turks as well as other muslim countries.
    I will admit that while cigarettes at one time were associated with the masculine, somewhere along the way they were transformed into a vice that seemed catered to the jaded individual.
    It was the bohemians of the 1890s that adopted the cigarette as their own. Individuals such as Oscar Wilde, a smoker as well as an unrepentant fag, who thought waving a cigarette around would give their conversation some kind of flourish, much in the same way young men of today think that it compliments their masculinity.

The conspirators have always wanted to destroy our integrity as well as our physical health. With cigarettes they accomplish both. They knew even back then that cigarettes were deadly. There were many oriental countries who banned tobacco on pain of death. Ironic, really.

Here are some interesting historical facts :

1527:- Tobacco recorded as addictive by Bartolomé de Las Casas, who had observed its hazardous effects on the native Americans.

1600:- Sir Walter Raleigh persuades Queen Elizabeth to try smoking.(early attempt to masculinize woman?)

1805-1807:- CERIOLI isolates nicotine, the "essential oil" or "essence of tobacco"

1809:- Louis Nicolas Vanquelin isolates nicotine from tobacco smoke.

1861-1865:- Tobacco is given with rations to Union and Confederate soldiers during the Civil War, and many Northerners are introduced to tobacco this way. During Sherman's march, Union soldiers raided warehouses in search of the mild, sweet "bright" tobacco of the South. Bright tobacco becomes the rage in the North and eventually replaces the heavier Turkish tobacco in cigarettes.

1875:- Allen & Ginter cigarette brands, Richmond Straight Cut No. 1 and Pet, begin using picture cards to stiffen the pack and protect the cigarettes. The cards, with photos of actresses, baseball players, Indian Chiefs, and boxers are enormously successful and represent the first modern promotion scheme for a manufactured product.
    (first attempt to lure children?)

1898:- Tennessee Supreme Court upholds a total ban on cigarettes, ruling they are "not legitimate articles of commerce, being wholly noxious and deleterious to health. Their use is always harmful."

1900:- Washington, Iowa, Tennessee and North Dakota outlaw the sale of cigarettes.

1901:- Strong anti-cigarette activity now exists in 43 of the 45 states.

1902 - Marlboro is one of the earliest woman's cigarette, featuring a red tip to hide lipstick marks. It does not catch on with the public.

1909:- Baseball great Honus Wagner orders American Tobacco Company take his picture off their Sweet Caporal cigarette packs, fearing it will lead children to smoke. The resulting shortage makes the Honus Wagner card the most valuable baseball card of all time, currently worth close to $500,000.

1924:- Philip Morris re-introduces Marlboro with the slogan "Mild as May," targeting "decent, respectable" women. "Has smoking any more to do with a woman's morals than has the color of her hair?" the advertisement reads. "Marlboros now ride in so many limousines, attend so many bridge parties, and repose in so many handbags."

1927:- A sensation is created when George Washington Hill blatantly aims Lucky Strike advertising campaign at women, urging them to "reach for a Lucky instead of a sweet." Smoking initiation rates among adolescent females triple between 1925-1935, and Lucky Strike captures 38% of the American market.

1963:- Marlboro:- dispenses with tattooed sailors and athletes as the Marlboro Man and settles on the exclusive use of cowboys.
    (The broke back type?)

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I like masculine men who make me feel comfortable and show me that they could (and would) defend me anytime and everywhere. Honestly, men are the physically stronger gender and they shouldn´t be ashamed ot it. Feminists and "gender mainstreamers" make them feel guilty for their boyish behaviour right up from the cradle nowadays, it´s simply disgusting. Being a real man isn´t discriminating torwards females in any way, don´t let yourself implant such wrong thoughts into your mind dear male faction!

Anyway, is there any valuable defintion about what "metrosexualism" is? I´ve never seen one. Is it David Beckham-style? Is "gayish" behaviour metrosexualism? What is it? And more importantly, how can men shake off this dorky trend?

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 01:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Far Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Anyway, is there any valuable defintion about what "metrosexualism" is? I´ve never seen one. Is it David Beckham-style? Is "gayish" behaviour metrosexualism? What is it?
    Heterosexually homosexual?
    Masculine-feminine?
    A manly sissy?

That’s a good question.
    I'm sure that not even a metro-sexual could tell you. If one ever did try it would probably go a little something like this:

I don’t have anything against gays, it’s just not my personal preference. I know I am sometimes mistaken for one, but I assure you, I am not.”

I have heard this one an uncountable number of times. It is the closet homophobe’s favorite escape/excuse. Most metro-sexual men are homophobes underneath those delicate exteriors.

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 09:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    What does metrosexual mean to you, and when does a man fit this definition?
    When he looks like this:

Is for example a man wearing a bag, bright colored clothes, or using perfume metrosexual? Is metrosexual a politically correct and trendy word for 'gay'?
    I don't think so, a lot of 'metrosexuals' are straight (the guy above is a serial womanizer... somehow) and tend to see themselves as ladies' men (in more ways than one I guess ) I would say it's men who spend a lot of time with grooming, fashion, dressing up, following the latest styles/haircuts etc.

I agree that it's a 'sign of degeneration' but I wouldn't say that it's an 'invention to destroy the white race', there have been 'dandys' around europe for a long time, eg in the French (where else...) court. Beau Brummel is a famous English example. But it's right to say there is a certain agenda in 'equalising' male/female roles which involves making men more feminine and vice versa which is strong in modern times.

I also remember reading about a certain mullato footballer (who is dating an English woman who recently polled #1 in FHM's most desirable women...) who 'allegedly' walked into a club and threw down a wad of cash offering it to another man to suck him off, the source claiming 'these people make so much money they just don't care'. Similar stories could be found... I would say, it's also linked to excessive wealth/urban social habits, for instance the dandys and the camp courtisans always inhabited a 'wealthy playboy world' above the lower classes (who were comprised of manly, clint eastwood-esque frontersmen ). So I would say it's also related to excessive wealth/luxury and over-domestication.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    For the conspirators to succeed in turning men into fairies they knew it could only work if they turned the women into dykes at the same time.
    One of the first ways they induced males to behave effeminate was with the cigarette.
    I think you're sort of right, at the dawn of the 1900's it was considered unrefined for women to smoke, and effeminate for men to smoke cigarettes (as opposed to pipes, cigars, or chewing tobacco - which were acceptably manly ).
    Famously, Edward Bernays made cigarrettes 'cool' for women by linking them to the women's rights movement of the age by having female smokers 'torches for freedom' on women's lib. marches, this is considered the 'birth' of modern PR. (if you want to fuel you conspiracies, Bernays was related to Freud, who was of course a Jew . But I think he was just doing it for the money myself. He also claimed one of his books was the centerpiece of Goebell's propaganda library, for instance).

Of course the cigarrette industry also made them more appealing to men by paying moviestars, james dean types, 'malbrough man' and the like. But I don't think smoking cigarrettes makes men into metros (I don't think it's a good thing either, of course), it just made cigarrettes seem acceptabley 'manly' by associating them with the above. If I think of a bunch of men smoking cigs. and boozing in a pub, that's a very macho environment, populated by macho men like this guy.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Family
    Engaged parent
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    I'll let some pictures do the explaining of what I think metrosexual men are:

Another branch of metrosexuals in my opinion is the emo culture.

Something is just not right about them.

Metrosexuals like to show off their body but in a strange way. I wouldn't call it feminized way, because real feminine women don't dress like this either. But certainly not something befitting to their gender.

Last Online
    Monday, July 18th, 2011 @ 10:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, German, Swiss, Austrian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Politics
    Pragmatic Pluralist
    Religion
    Christian Deist, Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Metrosexuality...

There's no accounting for bad taste or the tacky. You find it in every age and every generation. This is just the fashion industry at work trying to make a profit at the expense of the "Rubes". Remember, "There's a sucker born every minute" and this applies doubly in the "Fashion World"...
    Last edited by wittwer; Saturday, October 9th, 2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: grammar and syntax correction

Eala Freia Fresena
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    5 Days Ago @ 05:01 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Though Vikings are known to use make-up they most likely were not metro-sexuals. Also a many lot of them put an emphasis on their dresses and had obviously some vanity about it.

I don't think it is the dress alone, it is their any behavior which is repulsive.
    Male attributes like combatreadyness, courage, independant thinking, following an aim etc is not found there.

It's wishy-washy emo-thinking, not hurting anyone, emulating women and so on.

Obviously they are successful among the women-folk. But most likely they the other side of a fitting coin. promiscuitive city women might fit the picture.
    weel nich will dieken dej mot wieken

Last Online
    Saturday, July 2nd, 2011 @ 10:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland/Norway/Germany
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Single adult