Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legal Ban of Old SA Flag? (and What Does the Old Flag Mean to You?)

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    632 Posts

Exclamation Legal Ban of Old SA Flag? (and What Does the Old Flag Mean to You?)

A South African political commentator has called for the old South African flag to be legally banned, as was the swastika in post-Nazi Germany.

Khaya Dlanga said this week: "As I celebrated the emphatic victory of the Blue Bulls over the Chiefs, a bad taste was left in my mouth when I saw an old South African flag waving in the stadium.

"That flag is right up there with the use of the word 'k*****' as far as I'm concerned. If you wave that flag in front of me that's what you are calling me."

This comes after a statement by Deputy Sports Minister Gert Oosthuizen, who said it was an insult to the government and President Jacob Zuma, who took time out to personally wish the Bulls well.
    Continued:
    http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...5503699C400786

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    mainly UP
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Natural Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Honestly, I hope they are going to do this - since will enhance the status of that flag tremendously. Be advised that other flags are also included in the old south African one. The Prinsevlag, Vierkleur, Vrystaatse vlag and even the Union Jack. Seems they got a 5 in 1 package here.
    "And God proclaims as a first principle to the rulers, and above all else, that there is nothing which they should so anxiously guard, or of which they are to be such good guardians, as of the purity of the race. They should observe what elements mingle in their offspring;..." Plato Politeia

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Saturday, July 4th, 2020 @ 08:09 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts
    Indeed, forbidden fruits taste better. If they ban that flag, then this might actually help to raise the awareness for that flag; and essentially raise the awareness of how White Afrikaners are being persecuted in their own land.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    From the original blogger's blog (which is apparently so newsworthy that a newspaper can use it to fill up space in their sorry medium):

We all know what it stands for. It stands for the subhumanising of people of colour, racism, oppression, torture and everything that was wrong and immoral about the previous regime.
    Funny, I thought it stood for the unification of British-controlled South Africa and the Boer republics, both born from Dutch colonial endeavours. Must be an amazing coincidence then, that the flag consists of the British and Boer flags superimposed on the old Dutch flag.

These people probably have a hard time comprehending that none of our symbolism is about them.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    mainly UP
    Country
    Natural Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Let me just comment on this:
    subhumanising of people of colour, racism, oppression, torture and everything that was wrong and immoral about the previous regime.
    * subhumanising of people of colour - nonsense the old NP never denied the humanity of Blacks.
    * racism - you mean race realism? Tell me, where have the "racists" been wrong in what they predicted would happen with Black rule.
    * oppression - like hindering criminals to get their way?
    * torture - as in the African way / Blacks deem corporal punishment to be in order. Unless of course they can use critique of it to gain something from Whites.
    * wrong and immoral - Like the streets, electricity, clean water, industrial wealth, shops that they are using now. Hey, why is there no Pick 'n Pay in the Congo?
    * about the previous regime - Which gave Blacks the option to secceed from South Africa, if they wanted.
    "And God proclaims as a first principle to the rulers, and above all else, that there is nothing which they should so anxiously guard, or of which they are to be such good guardians, as of the purity of the race. They should observe what elements mingle in their offspring;..." Plato Politeia

Last Online
    Sunday, August 15th, 2010 @ 12:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Old Flag

What does this flag mean to you? A more idyllic past, or symbol of oppression? Or mixed feelings?

Last Online
    Sunday, August 15th, 2010 @ 12:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I hope it isn't banned. I thought the new hybrid flag looked awful, but I suppose we should be grateful the ANC flag just didn't become the new SA flag??

Last Online
    Monday, February 21st, 2011 @ 06:09 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    North-Atlantid/Galatizied Cromagnid
    Ancestry
    Scottish/Irish
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Scotland Scotland
    NS
    Religion
    Nature
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    My sister's husband (a south african) still has an old t-shirt with the old flag on it.They no longer live there, but i think that no matter what country you're in, you could only imagine what kind of reaction you'd get if you wore it in the street...if you had a death wish, or at least didn't mind ending up in hospital...
    Love all living things whose humble task is not opposed in any way to yours, to ours: men with simple hearts, honest, without vanity and malice, and all the animals, because they are beautiful, without exception and without exception indifferent to whatever "idea" there may be. Love them, and you will see the eternal in the glance of their eyes of jet, amber, or emerald. Savitri Devi

Last Online
    Monday, May 29th, 2017 @ 09:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Denmark
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Reason
    Religion
    Science
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Ah, I see a new symbol of rebellion rising

Too bad I already decided on a confederate states flag to decorate my living room
    "Lever dot as slav."

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    Monday, May 6th, 2019 @ 06:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Germany & Norway
    Subrace
    Faordiby
    State
    Orange Free State Orange Free State
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Cognitive Dissident
    Politics
    Verwoerdian
    Religion
    Heretic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

The current regime wants the ‘Drie Kleur’ (Tri-color) banned because it stood for everything that was right in the ‘old’ South-Africa and by extension everything that is wrong with the ‘new’ South-Africa. We can’t go around reminding people of what exactly they are missing, now can we?
    Although the word "Commando" was wrongly used to describe all Boer soldiers, a commando was a unit formed from a particular district. None of the units was organized in regular companies, battalions or squadrons. The Boer commandos were individualists who were difficult to control, resented formal discipline or orders, and earned a British jibe that"every Boer was his own general".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast