Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: As a Child; What Did You Want to Be When You Grew Up?

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    I guess my very first wish was to be a princess! I´ve heard many fairy tales and so my imagination went haywire! *g*
    A little later I was a "moonie" - like ForestSpirit - since I was addicted to the series "Sailormoon"... (I´ve found SailorVenus very funny. She was as clumsy as me back then)

My first serious career aspiration...well, I don´t know exactly, but I think it was "office assistant".

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last Online
    Saturday, June 23rd, 2012 @ 08:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Ahnenerbe · Genetic Spirituality
    Religion
    Paganism · Pantheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    I guess my very first wish was to be a princess! I´ve heard many fairy tales and so my imagination went haywire! *g*
    At least the first wish came true, since you're a moderator-princess today and you reign over the Skadi forum…

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 07:30 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    444 Posts
    As a very small child (dont know, until seven or eight) I cant remember to have ever thought about this, but then I had a classmate with whom I started 'archeological excavations'. We digged in every square meter of ground on which noone threw something after us, and we found many things, from old coins to fossiles. His parents were much more supportive on his curiosity than my mother was, she always complained about that I made me muddy but werent the least interested in my findings, nor my interests.

She also rejected later, with ten or eleven or so, my wish to learn piano or keyboard but gave me once a flute on which I should learn - by myself, because a teacher would have been a waste of money - the notes and then we should see further. Of course I never touched the flute, I wasnt interested in it. A friend of my grandma though had a piano and she teached me some things. Then my grandma died and my mother forbade me to visit her again. My wish to learn keyboard remained, but got constantly ignored and washed away by my mother.

Then I went through the phases the very most girls go through, horses and becoming a veterinary. Despite my good grades in school my mother decided that it would be enough to send me to the secondary school, with this of course blocking me from any higher career. In the eyes of my mother I should become a wife and mother, I wouldnt need any higher education for this. Not that she was a prime example of a good mother nor a wife, as she had kicked out my father when I was six. After the horses came goldsmith and carpenter, as I always liked making things.

Anyway, reality pushed me into the transportation business, the most boring job one can imagine. The dream of goldsmith stayed and I almost had a chance to do it, but for that I would have to move to Hamburg, which of course my mother didnt support. After I finished the training I went to school again to get my qualification for university, again without any support, quite the opposite, I were constantly critised for my 'futile attempts'. Well, of course the attempts were indeed futile, due to the lack of support (also financially) I were in constant trouble. Despite this I fought my way to the university and wanted to study communication design (as second subject I chose common linguistics). Since I dont have an overwhelming painting talent though I got dissed (with more than the half of the other students) by the professors, so I dropped the uni again and started another job training for webdesign (media designer digital and print). I still regret today that I also dropped the linguistics, since languages were always something of interest to me, but I never actually thought seriously about it to make this my occupation.

Well, reality is that I failed my business in the climate after the new economy crisis and now I think about a way to return to the archeology thing, history and linguistics combined, something in the line what Hrodnand said (I always wondered too about the lack in history), but it might be complicated to enter such a field without an examination...
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 19th, 2011 @ 03:36 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, Germany and Scandinavia.
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Family
    Looking ;)
    Occupation
    Student and aspiring author
    Politics
    Pro-Monarchy
    Religion
    Open
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I remember that in the third grade I wanted to be a fighter pilot, my grandpa always told me I would end up being too tall though and I think he was right . I've wanted to be an author off and on since I was fourteen and that is my current aspiration. At seventeen I wanted to be a brewer, still do but it isn't really that practical so it will just have to be a hobby once I've got the resources.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 13th, 2011 @ 10:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    South & West Germany/Switzerland + Moravia, Sweden, Scotland
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    My wish was to become a nurse. As a child, I played with dolls with my sister quite often, and we would pretend to fix their little bruises and nurse them back to health. I really loved making people feel better after a hard day at work or while they were ill. The only thing I knew how to make as a girl was toast, so I'd make lots of toast with butter and give it to my family members when they were feeling down. I'm still considering going to nursing school in a few years.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Family
    Engaged parent
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts
    I wanted to be a nurse,
    because I liked to help the people.

Last Online
    Saturday, October 24th, 2009 @ 12:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alas {sigh}

When I was a wee lad, I dreamt about growing up and becoming a Viking and attacking and conquering England.

I still would like to do this, in fact, and help my Anglo, Saxon, and Jute cousins send the Turks packing.

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Engaged
    Politics
    Not liberal
    Religion
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Siebenbürgerin View Post
    We're all familiar with the "when I grow up" phase from the childhood. I wanted to be a doctor. But by the time I was in gymnasium, I decided biology was too difficult for me. I wasn't very good at the exact sciences, like biology, geography, maths, physics, chemistry. And you?
    When I was very, very little I wanted to be a Professional Highland Dancer. Then I wanted to be a Vet, and then I decided I want to either do something with History or become a Midwife. I've stuck with the last two options. : )

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, September 5th, 2009 @ 03:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scottish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a Child, What Did You Want to Be when You'd Grow Up?

...An English teacher, and teach people how to compose proper sentences in English.

Last Online
    Tuesday, June 23rd, 2009 @ 04:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    English, Germanic, Norwegion
    Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Law Enforcement
    Politics
    Germanic Seperatist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BritishWitch View Post
    ...An English teacher, and teach people how to compose proper sentences in English.
    The English language needs CPR right about now!

What with all that cockney and rhyming slang, even English speaking people have no idea what the hell the Brits are talking about these days. You guys created the English language I think it's only right you actually speak it! Lol.

And to compound the issue, Eminem is now widely studied in schools for his use of language and multisyllabic rhymes. Roll over Shakespeare.

But the most shocking of evils against the modern English language is that "Txt" language is now accepted in many countries English language school examinations. That's right. Forget about correct spelling and punctuation etc, just write it how you would text it on your phone.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast