Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Actress’s Refusal to Kiss Black Man Turns Into a Race Row in South Africa

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    627 Posts

White Actress’s Refusal to Kiss Black Man Turns Into a Race Row in South Africa

A theatre production designed to promote inter-racial harmony in South Africa has been hit by recriminations over an onstage kiss between a white and a black actor.

Carolyn Forword walked out of a production of The Pied Piper of Hamelin after being directed to kiss fellow cast member Unathi Dyantyi repeatedly on the lips.

Forword, 22, argues that the kissing was not suitable for the touring production’s audiences of young children. Dyantyi counters that her description of the kiss as “unhygienic” was racially motivated, an allegation she vehemently denies.

The row engulfing The Pied Piper, which has three white actors and one black, has underlined how even the apparently liberal arts are not immune to South Africa’s ongoing sensitivities around race.

Dyantyi, 28, said Forword pushed him away and shrank from kissing him during performances of the play. “I felt like a piece of shit every time we had to do it because of the way she treated me,” he said. “She didn’t want to kiss me. She said she found it unnecessary and the kiss was unhygienic.”

“I’m speechless. What’s unhygienic about the kiss? And what’s unnecessary about it? It is necessary for what the director is aiming to do. He’s trying to convey a message that it’s OK for different cultures to fall in love. We’re a multicultural country and we’re trying to convey that.”

The Riverside Theatre Company, based in Cape Town, had hoped to take The Pied Piper to Forword’s former school, but she apparently objected. Dyantyi added: “I gathered she didn’t want her parents to see their kid being kissed by a black dude.”

“She’s been trained as an actress at drama school, yet she has a problem with kissing. This has never happened to me before. There is still racism in South African theatre today, but it’s very subtle.”

Forword withdrew after 12 performances of The Pied Piper, leaving another actor to take over the remaining 50 shows. She adamantly denies the accusations of racism, which first appeared in the Sowetan newspaper.

“It is a play for eight-year-olds,” she said. “They wanted me to kiss the guy for 20 seconds, which is inappropriate for that audience. It wouldn’t have gone down well at a Catholic school, for example. It would have been unhygienic because it was a travelling show. I pulled out because the director never gave my agent an idea of where we were staying. It had nothing to do with the kissing thing. But now I’m seen as a racist.”

The play’s director, Leslie Ehrhardt, supported Dyantyi’s account. “Without a doubt there was a racial element from the word go until the very end,” he said. “Carolyn underlined it with her general behaviour towards Unathi. She pushed him away and her face was screwed up, as if kissing him was the worst thing in the world.

“She said to me in rehearsals that her doctor told her it was unhygienic to kiss on the stage. That took me by surprise. When we going to her old school, she said it would not go down well with her people, or words to that effect.”

Ehrhardt, 42, added: “It’s a horrible situation. It undermines what people did here in the 60s, 70s and 80s in using theatre to challenge apartheid. Racism isn’t significant in South African theatre and we shouldn’t be talking about it.

“South Africa is 15 years into its new democracy. This lady is 22 and she would have been brought up in a different way from me and others of my age and older. I was really shocked about what happened.”

Forword has made a series of complaints against Ehrhardt over issues such as living conditions, transport and what she termed his “inappropriate behaviour”.
    http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives..._actors_re.php

Last Online
    Monday, February 20th, 2017 @ 11:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Another prime example of two things: 1) liberals and minorities scream "racism!" first chance they get; 2) the term racism has widened from 'a belief in superiority of one race over others' to 'having preference for one or more races'.

Carolyn Forword

Unathi Dyantyi

Source

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    East German
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    National
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    She gets no shred of sympathy from me. What was she expecting from a "theatre production designed to promote inter-racial harmony"? She shouldn't have accepted a part in it in the first place. Doh.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 04:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts
    But Ossi, interracial harmony doesn't have to mean interracial romance. It could also be interracial friendship or something like that. Although indeed the mainstream understands any rejection of interracial relations as hateful.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    East German
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    National
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siebenbürgerin View Post
    But Ossi, interracial harmony doesn't have to mean interracial romance. It could also be interracial friendship or something like that. Although indeed the mainstream understands any rejection of interracial relations as hateful.
    LOL. She agreed to act in a play "trying to convey a message that it’s OK for different cultures to fall in love."

What was she expecting, platonic love with Negroes?
    Anyone accepting to star in such garbage is a traitor. She missed the point entirely. THE WHOLE CONCEPT is inappropriate for children, indoctrinating them with multicultural relationship garbage, kisses or no kisses involved.

Secure a future for Germanic children
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 04:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts
    She was slapped with the realities of what it takes if you want to be considered a non-racist or multiculti lover.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    627 Posts
    It's simple, it was considered racist because he was a black man. If he had been white an an actress refused kisses, it wouldn't have made it in the news. Refusing to do anything with a black man is considered racist, just because he is black. If you refuse to let yourself become the target of black flirts, you're a racist. If you refuse to sleep with blacks, you're racist in the eyes of the mainstream. If you refuse to kiss blacks, you're racist, and so on.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    mainly UP
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Natural Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossi View Post
    She gets no shred of sympathy from me. What was she expecting from a "theatre production designed to promote inter-racial harmony"? She shouldn't have accepted a part in it in the first place. Doh.
    Not that you are really wrong on this, but should our response really be about sympathy or no sympathy?

Without elaborating on this, I think we should try to get maximum mileage out this incident. So where is the jackpot for us? Into comdemning and making bitter remarks about someone whose actually a recent teenager.

Saying No is the message that should be encouraged. Also the tyrannical response of those "liberals" can not be stressed enough.

So the right approach needs to be followed. And that approach isn't to stamp on this little abused foot soldier, but to shoot at the command center and what it is standing for itself.

Here is more on her:
    http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en...orword%22&meta=

I take the educated guess that she's from a liberal English background. A spoilt sweetheart educated to have liberal, multiracial front. She's been on school in the period from 1994 to 2005 - With other words under the curriculum of people with an Anti-White agenda. Her reaction is typically South African English, trying to have polite as possible front. But when it is coming to the proof in the pudding, some healthy instincts went through with her.
    "And God proclaims as a first principle to the rulers, and above all else, that there is nothing which they should so anxiously guard, or of which they are to be such good guardians, as of the purity of the race. They should observe what elements mingle in their offspring;..." Plato Politeia

Secure a future for Germanic children
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 04:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts
    I think the response of the liberals is helpful to turn away more people who are open to promoting such crap. If she hadn't been accused of racism, the hypocrisy wouldn't have been obvious. Do you think it would have been the same if they accepted her no and moved on? Maybe not, I think, maybe she'd have accepted to star in more multiculti productions. But if she's branded a racist, she might have second thoughts the next time.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 08:09 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Actually she does get a bit of sympathy from me. And that's because she's had to learn it the hard way. But perhaps it is all for the better. She may be called a racist now, but she'll be one step closer to noticing how double-standarded it all is, and how soon and how little it takes to be vilified.

And of course this wouldn't have happened if it was the Black fussing with it. We actually have a precedent for that. A leading black Hollywood actor was supposed to have a sex scene with a leading white Hollywood actress, he declined, stating that black women were his first choice --- and the part was removed from the script.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast