Monday, February 20th, 2017 @ 11:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Classify Bettina Holwerda

Classify Dutch (musical) actress Bettina Holwerda.

Her last name indicates Frisian ancestry.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 04:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Frisian, Saxon
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Politics
    Frisian nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    At first i would say another Faelid/Nordid mix. But at a closer look i really can't see Faelid. Or the CM must be really softened by "something".

Her bonestructure seems to be more leaning to Alpinid than Faelid or Bruenn and she seems to be quite short also, therefore i think she's Subnordid (Alpinid/Nordid).

The strange thing with her is that she looks more Nordid from a 3/4 perspective than from a frontal perspective...

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Perhaps the Faelid impression in the frontal perspective is partially the result of her smile.

Still, I think the third, fourth and sixth photo's give an impression of unmistakably Faelid influence, while she looks mostly Nordid in the other three photo's. So I would say she is predominantly Nordid with significant Faelid admixture.

I don't see what would point to any Alpine influences, apart from her stature. When I think of Subnordid, I think more of someone like Chantal Janzen:

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 04:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Frisian, Saxon
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Politics
    Frisian nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I actually also thought Chantal Janzen to be Subnordid, but when I look at those pictures it's hard for me to spot the Nordid component. Darken her hair and she's Alpinid.

I think you're right about Bettina not being Alpinid. I mainly focused on the 4th picture (from above) when I thought to see the Alpinid, that and the fact she looks quite short. On the other pictures she doesn't look infantile (Alpinid), but indeed mostly Nordid.

And yes, it was probably the smile that made me think of Faelid Quite a broad smile that makes those typical wrinkles below the cheeks. So maybe Faelid on a low level and predominantly Nordid (although that 4th picture keeps bugging me).

Last Online
    Friday, December 28th, 2018 @ 07:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Nordic IMO. Apparently nobody can be classified as just 'Nordic' anymore

Her face looks slightly broad in frontal view, this is what I consider 'natural variation'. Also, her 'UP admixture' in the frontal pictures may be due to the miscgenitive process known as 'smiling' here she isn't smiling wide with teeth and she looks more...nordic.

Please post pics of people who look more Nordic than her if you disagree. I can think of a few scattered peoples, who must extremes of 'variation', not types. If nordics only look like Von Sydow, no wonder only 3 people in the world can be classified as nordic, while everyone else is UP or has 'lots of UP type x admixture', and there could be no 'nordic' type at all.

She looks a lot like uber-nord Elena Dementieva in the first 3 pictures.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Jorrit,

Chantal Janzen predominantly Alpinid? I don't know. The very fact that she has quite fair hair and complexion would say otherwise. (She's not a bottle blonde as far as I know.) Plus, she has a narrow jaw. Okay, rather V-shaped, but still.

Anyway, I'm glad we can agree on Ms. Holwerda.

Renwein,

Well, isn't "Nordic" a broader term than Nordid? I would say both Nordid and Faelid are "Nordic" types. Furthermore, her face still looks rather broad, smile or not. Same goes for her nose.

However, I do concur that the amount of "pure" Nordids seems to be preposterously small. You might be right; maybe the Nordid type has wider variation, with someone like Von Sydow at one extreme, and the other end by definition sharing a blurry border with Faelids and such. But like I said elsewhere, I'm not an expert on this subject. I'm learning about this as I go.

In any case, I do indeed think that Ms. Holwerda is quite Nordid.