Monday, February 20th, 2017 @ 12:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Classify Anouk Smulders-Voorveld

Classify Dutch model and TV hostess Anouk Smulders-Voorveld.

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 @ 06:22 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    So I've never really done one of these before, but my guess would be Faelid and seems to have Dinarid influence. But, I'm a newb at this kinda thing, wait till someone else has a look.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Well, I'm new to this as well. That's why I've been posting a few classification requests lately. To see if my conclusions match those of the more experienced.

Concerning Mrs. Smulders-Voorveld:

I would say she has indeed Dinarid (nose) and Faelid (slope of forehead) influences. Still, I believe there is some Nordid admixture as well (gracile features). So maybe an intermediate between Keltic-Nordid and Faelid.

I'm not sure whether she's a natural blonde or not. (Her eyebrows seem blonde enough. Although women dye their eyebrows too nowadays.)

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:19 AM
    Status
    Brief Absence
    Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Atlantid-Keltic Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Schaumburg-Lippe Schaumburg-Lippe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Just presenting some ideas here; I'am still no expert:

Mainly Noric (Nordid with Dinarid) was my first thought. However, in the third and especially in the second picture from below, there is something semitic about her, this impression mainly resulting from the length of her nose but also from her protruding ears. As you have had an important Jewish population in the Netherlands for centuries - I recall Spinoza being from the Netherlands - this could very well be due to Jewish ancestry. The jaw shows, in my view, cromagnid (could well be faelid) influence.

However, it is very difficult to classify such a standardized, ever smiling, overly tanned TV woman. She might have had a lip job as well as a nose job done.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Frisian, Saxon
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Politics
    Frisian nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Robust jaw and wide zygom. arches, broad mouth (Faelid)
    Long facelength, exceptionally long midface, steep forehead, leptorrhinic nose (some kind of Aurignacid admixture, probably Nordid)
    The nose seems to point at Dinarid admixture. But yes, together with the Nordid you can "make" this Keltic Nordid.

So yes, Faelid + Keltic Nordid would be my guess too. A Noric would lean more to the Dinarid side (admit it, you thought of star wars ). I don't see any semitic traits by the way, the long midface can be perfectly explained by for example Nordid admix. And protruding ears does occur in European Europids also, i see them all the time.

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 21st, 2020 @ 06:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    American of German descent
    Ancestry
    Kingdom of Hanover, Pennsylvania Deitsch, Austrian Empire (Bohemia), Electorate of Hesse-Kassel
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Politics
    Trumpism
    Religion
    Protestant (Raised)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorrit View Post
    Robust jaw and wide zygom. arches, broad mouth (Faelid) Long facelength, exceptionally long midface, steep forehead, leptorrhinic nose (some kind of Aurignacid admixture, probably Nordid)
    The nose seems to point at Dinarid admixture. But yes, together with the Nordid you can "make" this Keltic Nordid.

So yes, Faelid + Keltic Nordid would be my guess too. A Noric would lean more to the Dinarid side (admit it, you thought of star wars ). I don't see any semitic traits by the way, the long midface can be perfectly explained by for example Nordid admix. And protruding ears does occur in European Europids also, i see them all the time.
    I largely agree with Jorrit's analysis.

The long face is characteristically Nordid and does not seem to be a result of Dinaricisation.

It is hard to tell how strong the jaw is here as in most of the photos the subject does not have a straight face. Dinaricisation results in a broadened lower face; but I do not think this is the case here. The subjects cheek bones and chin seem too strong for overall Dinarid-like facial characteristics. The subject's mouth reminds me also of Faelid mouths. I do not believe the subject to be brachycelaphic. I have doubts about her being planoccipital.

Although the nose is long [and probably makes the leptorrhiny threshold], it appear somewhat broad in some photos and reminds me of Faelid noses [see the Mom's Moment photo].

Her forehead indeed seems steep. But I think Cromagnid types generally have steeper foreheads than Nordid types.

There seems to be a Faelid component.

The only Dinarid-like characteristic that I notice is the prominent nose with the sharp convex end.

Since "Norids" are largely Dinarid-like in characteristics and the subject is not, I think I would rule out "Norid".

As far the "Keltic Nordid" terminology, this was coined by Coon; it has specific characteristics including a long narrow face, very low vault, extremely shortened sloping forehead where the temporal plains converge towards the front, and a prominent highbridged nose tending towards convexity. I avoid the Keltic-Nordid terminology myself; if it is to be used, I think it should be used only for persons who typify most all of its characteristics. I do not think the subject here to do so.

I would classify the subject as Nordid/Faelid with Dinarid-like nose.

The subject reminds me of one of my grandmothers when she was young; also like Giselle Bundchen.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Gentlemen, thank you for your input.

Mvbeleg, I understand your hesitation to employ the term Keltic Nordid when it doesn’t concern a relatively typical example thereof. Yet I believe that any significant Dinarid influences in the Netherlands would have to have been “vehicled” there by immigration of Keltic Nordid types. Unless Mrs. Smulders-Voorveld has recent ancestors originating directly from areas were Dinarid (or Norid) traits are common.

Or perhaps we’re just dealing with natural variation within the Faelid/Nordid spectrum. Settling for a “mere” Faelid/Nordid mix might not be bad idea then.

Jorrit, I’m afraid your remark about Star Wars eludes me.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Frisian, Saxon
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Politics
    Frisian nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Well, it was a lame joke anyway

"Lean to the Dinarid side" reminded me of the whole leaning to dark/light side in Star Wars

Anyway on topic: I think it's indeed best to conclude she's a Faelid/Nordid mix. I actually only see Dinarid/Keltic influence in her nose, it could be individual variation or maybe an old strain re-emerging (maybe that's why there are no other clear Dinarid signs in her).

What do you guys think of HamilkarBarkas's remark that there is something Semitic about her?

Last Online
    Friday, December 28th, 2018 @ 08:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorrit View Post
    What do you guys think of HamilkarBarkas's remark that there is something Semitic about her?
    If projecting ears and long noses are sure signs of semtic ancestry, then the camps are gonna be REALLY full when the next revolution comes

seriously, I'd be surpised if she was, but he might say this because in several pictures it looks like her nose is longer from sellion to tip than to subnasalle, which does give it a semitic look. But I can't see any other such traits, and since noses don't breed by themselves, I don't think she looks Jewish.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:19 AM
    Status
    Brief Absence
    Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Atlantid-Keltic Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Schaumburg-Lippe Schaumburg-Lippe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smul ---> Smulders?

I don't want to dwell upon the question whether she is Jewish or not, but in my view it could be that the first part of her last name, Smulders, is derived from "Smul" which is not only according to an excerpt from the "Sourcebook for Jewish Genealogies and Family Histories" by David Zubatsky and Irwin Berent, but by knowledge I would dare to characterize as general, very obviously a Jewish name.

I'm just wondering; maybe her name is as common in the Netherlands as Smith in Scotland or Müller in Germany, and my guess was just a bad shot. Maybe the Dutch colleagues can provide further elucidation on this.

What made me think about her having Jewish ancestry in the first place was her overall rodent-like appearance in some pictures. My opinion is mainly based on general impression, not on single traits such as nose and ears, although especially the nose largely contributes to the - in my view - overall non-nordic look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast