Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,112 Posts
    In principle, I would be legitimist - which is more in line with the original Frankish view of kingship - if a king wasn't well liked, then his people would've rebelled against him and gotten rid of him.

The concept of the divine right of kings is perhaps better for creating a stable society, though.

If a blood line is chosen by God, through the Church & a ritualistic ceremony, or some supernatural event like the skies breaking open and revealing Constantine's cross to a person, I'm very much willing to accept that man as a king.

Since 'the divine right of kings' is also a Catholic story, I'd like to point out what the German mystic Sr Anne Catherine Emmerich had to say about it in the 19th century. She was a simple, devout nun who had visions of Christ's life - her account was investigated by the Church's theologans and they stated that her information doesn't contradict the gospels. Her visions are recognized as authentic (although no Catholic is required to believe in her visions) - Sr Emmerich "expands" on the gospels, and describes their events in great detail. One such event pertains to the divine right of kings.

"Jesus gave His Apostles private instructions; (...) He spoke concerning the priesthood, the sacred unction, preparation of the Chrism and Holy Oils. He had 3 boxes, 2 of which contain a mixt of oil and balm. He taught them how to make this mixture, what parts of body to be anointed with them, upon what occasions. I remember, among other things, He mentioned a case in which the Holy Eucharist could not be administered; perhaps what He said had reference to Extreme Unction, for my recollections on this point are not very clear. He spoke of different kinds of anointing, in particular of that of kings, He said even wicked kings who were anointed, derived from it special powers. He put ointment and oil in the empty box, mixed them together, but I can't say for certain if it was at this moment, or at time of consecration of the bread, that He blessed the oil. I saw Jesus anoint Peter and John, on whose hands he poured the water which flowed on his own, and 2 whom He gave to drink out of the chalice. He laid his hands on their shoulders and heads, while they, on their part, joined their hands, crossed their thumbs, bow down profoundly before Him--I am not sure if they did not even kneel. He anointed thumb and fore-finger of each of their hands, marked a cross on their heads with Chrism. He said this would remain with them unto the end of the world. (...) All that Jesus did upon this occasion was done in private, taught equally in private. The Church has retained all that is essential of these secret instructions, under inspiration of the Holy Ghost, developed and adapted them to all her requirements."

So where is that box now, huh?

Interestingly enough, early Frankish, and later French medieval monarchs, claimed to possess a cup with holy oil, a cup that magically refilled itself, and which was used during coronation ceremonies.
    "If we were going to stand in darkness, best we stand in a darkness we had made ourselves.” ― Douglas Coupland, Shampoo Planet

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 12:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Country
    Other Other
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Todays Kings belong in museums.

The real Kings are those who have the most money. The trillionaire Rockefellar family tell Obama what to do.

Last Online
    Monday, August 1st, 2011 @ 07:32 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    jysk
    Ancestry
    Norse Gemanic/jutlander
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    State
    Jutland Jutland
    Single Farther
    Occupation
    Artist
    Religion
    Baphomethean Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I believe in the divine right to rule, but I acknowledge its misuse to underline a sovereign kingdoms power to oppress the feeble fools below.

Pure blood equals pure leadership, and I surely believe in my own destiny to lead my family and my kind into a brighter future.

Last Online
    Friday, April 13th, 2012 @ 03:22 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish / German
    Ancestry
    Ireland, Germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Slave To The System :)
    Politics
    Agrarian Traditionalist
    Religion
    Vedic Aryan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The power of divine rule must inherently be tempered with divine intentions towards the ruled......the simple will to power over a people is nothing short of anti-divine, and belays the all too "human" traits of greed and subjugation
    Bah! Enough of the squalor of democratic humanity. It is time to begin to recognise the aristocracy of the sun. The children of the sun shall be lords on the earth.
    -D.H. Lawrence

Last Online
    Monday, July 18th, 2011 @ 11:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, German, Swiss, Austrian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Politics
    Pragmatic Pluralist
    Religion
    Christian Deist, Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Divine Right as the basis of Utopia

Basing the Political and Socio-Economic Order on the bizarre concept of "Divine Right" makes about as much sense as basing it upon the concept of the "Demos" and Mobocracy. Such is the reason Republicanism and Man evolved out the Dark Ages. Regicide is the act of a patriot and free man.

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2012 @ 03:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Radical Traditionalism
    Religion
    Platonic Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I believe in monarchy as the manifestation of God's will on earth. I think that to say that the King is literally chosen is a misunderstanding; the King is the representative of God merely by being the King.

Without the manifestation of God's authority in the form of the King and of the natural social hierarchy, Man's worship will always be misdirected. Loyalty to the King is symbolic, and, in a sense, even direct, loyalty to God.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 06:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    It seems that today's bureaucrats operate with more arbitrary prerogative against vox populi than constitutional monarchs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123