Politics
    Odinist
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts

Exclamation Monarchy!

I say that France should revive its monarchy, with areas such as Burgogne and Normandie being principalities or along those lines! Northern Ireland never had a monarch. I believe Wales should have it's principality rights returned to them under a Welshman. Scotland's Duke of Edinburgh the Prince Philip should relinquish title. I believe Celts should have their power structure back as well as the Germans.

Try my version on the British system of nobility. For instance,perhaps, a Celtic Emperor. A Goidelic King(Ireland), Brythonic King(Britain) and Gallic King(Gaul). Principalities for each of the smaller tribes, such as Picts, Ulster/Scots, Manx, etc(the size of Regions in the new system). Then Dukes can be residing over the smaller areas like the Mormor/County size divisions that the Picts had in Pictland(Keith/Caithness, or Sutherland) Then Earls/Counts for the Boroughs/Districts like York, Manchester, Aberdeen, London, for example, the cities. Barons(like mayor) could preside over simple Municipalities or towns. The Gentry Baronets, Knights, Squires etc. could be owners of villages/hamlets/neighbourhoods having a big business with size varia according the rank. Simple Yeomanry could be small business owners who own their house and land/estate for one family but lease out other land to renters. Peasantry would be those who rent property from the Yeomanry. Those who try to abandon their lives in exile there would be considered outlaws without protection. That would send them to the gallows. No more of this self-hatred bullsh*t of attacking heritage and defending immigrants.

Of course, this means there'd be a Germanic Emperor, Slavic Emperor, get my drift? King of Norway, King of Sweden, King of Denmark, King of Iceland, King of Greenland, King of Newfoundland, King of Iberia, King of Nova Scotia, King of Labrador, King of Finland, King of Kola, King of Gotland, King of Oland, King of Aland, King of Gaspe, King of Italy, King of Malta, King of Crete, King of Cyprus, King of Sicily, King of Crimea, King of Ungava, King of Jersey. I'm trying to assert kingship to large natural land features, such as peninsulas, islands, etc. Language families and language is an important key to this, including dialects and accents. I'm trying to get the Meta-Ethnicity/language family to be the level of Empire, the general Ethnicity/language to be the Kingdom.

I'm sure that I have some of the levels and ranks unequated to the ideal, but I'm trying. I am not trying to assert Pan-European ideals that reek of the EU, the Indo-European ideal, nor do I adhere to the American way. I believe a Council between different Empires, represented by the Emperors themselves. That would be like the room of elected Indo-European Emperors making a council. A Treaty should be the way of asserting nonviolent and other agreements between the Indo-European council and others, but no head figure to the Indo European council, just equals consulting and working together, and maintaining their own dignity. Any treaty formed should be accepted by the council on a whole, or not at all.

Please add your input.
    Last edited by Rodskarl Dubhgall; Thursday, May 20th, 2004 at 03:25 PM.

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 @ 01:22 AM
    Subrace
    The Other Seedline
    Politics
    No-bless O'Bleeg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: Monarchy!

I do not have time to respond at length, but I will later, as this is one of my favorite subjects.

France should definitely revive its monarchy. Its (as of late, discreet but still present) aristocracy should work to achieve more prominence.

I am not a fan of the British peerage system as their ancient territorial nobility or 'landed gentry' are treated as a class below the 'real' nobility, or peers (thus they have four 'estates,' if you will, rather than the customary three. )

More later!

Anglicist
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England
    Subrace
    Nordic
    Y-DNA
    R1A-BY30613
    mtDNA
    U8B-K2A5A1
    Country
    England England
    State
    Rhode Island Rhode Island
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Blacksmith
    Politics
    Odinist
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts

Well, I'm not strictly adhering to the system. It would have to change somewhat, anyways. I am from the Landed Gentry as you say, but in another country and have no rights to the land as of current.

Your back to Asia movement would help pull those others back to Europe who have went to the colonies elsewhere. I support this. Most colonies are overextended and being filled up with immigrants. Europe's land has been void enough to allow the amounts of foreign immigration as well.

Last Online
    Subrace
    The Other Seedline
    Politics
    No-bless O'Bleeg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall
    Well, I'm not strictly adhering to the system. It would have to change somewhat, anyways. I am from the Landed Gentry as you say, but in another country and have no rights to the land as of current.
    In other European nations the 'Landed Gentry' are not treated as such. In the British version (which is more familiar to most Americans), the main division is between territorial nobility (called Landed Gentry, which are a sort of halfway class, in between the nobility and the commons) and the regal nobility (called peers). In France, for example, it is not really a division between territorial and regal that matters; there are regal titles, but there is a division between the territorial nobility as well, between the sword (military) nobility and the robe (judicial) nobility. Also, the territorial nobilities tend to be larger in non-British countries, and thus their territorial titles are less esteemed. However, they are considered nobility and not gentry.

Your back to Asia movement would help pull those others back to Europe who have went to the colonies elsewhere. I support this. Most colonies are overextended and being filled up with immigrants. Europe's land has been void enough to allow the amounts of foreign immigration as well.
    Thanks for supporting me! I will post more extensively on the subject later, but the Back-To-Asia movement I invented is about people of Indo-European origin and who are thus not native to Europe returning to the land of their ancestors - ie, Asia. Plus, the climate and topography of the Central Asian steppes is to my liking.
    Last edited by Abby Normal; Thursday, May 20th, 2004 at 11:36 PM.

Anglicist
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England
    Subrace
    Nordic
    Y-DNA
    R1A-BY30613
    mtDNA
    U8B-K2A5A1
    Country
    England England
    State
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Blacksmith
    Politics
    Odinist
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts

Well then, you might as well colonise Southwestern North America. I don't care for it at all. Northeastern North America is where my colonial heart is.

Last Online
    Subrace
    The Other Seedline
    Politics
    No-bless O'Bleeg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A thought for all the Monarchists (and others) out there: Should a king be considered king of his people, or the lord of his land? Do you support the popular monarchy in which the king is a leader of the people, i.e., King of the French as opposed to King of France and Navarre? Or do you support monarchy in its proper feudal sense, with the king as merely a higher link in the chain and is thus himself a vassal of the land?

Though the former system was proclaimed during the French Revolution by the moderate reformers who believed a king of the people to be less oppressive than a king of the land, it actually puts the king higher than the latter system does.

Personally, I support a feudal monarchy with significant power given to the aristocracy, which makes for decentralization and a check to the absolute rule of a monarch; however, there is a delicate balance between absolute rule and giving the nobles so much power that they will take it in their minds to revolt against the king.

Anglicist
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England
    Subrace
    Nordic
    Y-DNA
    R1A-BY30613
    mtDNA
    U8B-K2A5A1
    Country
    England England
    State
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Blacksmith
    Politics
    Odinist
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts

It makes better sense to have the King be of the land, and Emperor of the people.

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 @ 09:18 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Albion
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Investigator of Souls
    Politics
    Pan-Germanic Nationalist
    Religion
    Runosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I support the all-encompassing ideal of Divine Right, where the Monarch is Lord of his god-given land, his legions [Folk] and his laws, according to the Will of the Creator.

He embodies a mythos which devolves from Heaven.
    This mythos marries the Monarch, the people and the land in one Holy Unity.

The British mythos involves Brutus that refugee from the Trojan War [see Geoffrey of Monmouth];

http://www.english.ubc.ca/~sechard/geofftom.htm

The Dance of Albion
    Why are there beings at all, & why not rather nothing?
    [Leibniz/Heidegger]

Anglicist
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England
    Subrace
    Nordic
    Y-DNA
    R1A-BY30613
    mtDNA
    U8B-K2A5A1
    Country
    England England
    State
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Blacksmith
    Politics
    Odinist
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts

I don't substantiate any connections between the oriental mythos and occidental cultures. The western people were bored and unmotivated by their native culture and sought "spice" by adding false links between themselves and the east. This is a well known problem throughout European history.

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 @ 09:18 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Albion
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Investigator of Souls
    Politics
    Pan-Germanic Nationalist
    Religion
    Runosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I don't believe that their reasons for elaborating on the mythos were 'boredom' and lack of 'motivation'.

It seems rather that they knew about cultural connections [passed down via myths] that were proven MUCH LATER by linguistics and archeology.

People like Geoffrey of Monmouth and Snorri Sturluson [Poetic Edda], writing in the Medieval period, dealt with these connections via mythology.
    It was not until the 18th and 19th centuries that such mythologies recieved a scientific basis.

Look at the story of Troy, for example, long thought to be the pure invention of the Homer poet until the discoveries of Schliemann!
    Now the Iliad is recognised to be based on historical fact.

That our occidental languages/ mythologies are of recent Indo-European derivation is beyond dispute: we are the western BRANCH of the Aryan tree.

Myths need to drive their roots deep.

At any rate, every healthy culture needs a mythos - the British mythos I have referred to above is a wide and wonderful one, taking in the whole Arthurian epos.

Why are there beings at all, & why not rather nothing?
    [Leibniz/Heidegger]

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast