Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Christianity Stand Against Norse Paganism?

Senior Administrator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Married
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Can Christianity Stand Against Norse Paganism?

I’m sure this title has some people scratching their head. “Of course it can,” you say to yourself “no one believes in Odin and Thor anymore.” Well that is not totally true, but yes, the majority of people have rejected Norse mythology as fact. They do not worship the Asgard or trim their nails before going into battle in an attempt to slow the coming of the end of the world (See Naglfar). But rejection of the literal truth of Norse Paganism (I use Norse Paganism as an example here since I am interested in it, I am sure similar theme(s) can be found in many other pagan beliefs) is not what this entry is about, I wish here to speak for a moment on the mindset and values of Norse mythology.Norse mythology embodies strength. The warrior is at the center of the myth. It revolves around him and the strength he has to overcome evil, and receive glory and honour. These are themes that appeal to everyone. Everyone wants to be the hero, wants to overcome enemies on their own, everyone wants to have their praises sung. Christianity directly opposes these themes. It glories in weakness, and it tells people that they have no strength and deserve no glory.
    More...

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 @ 01:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    American w/Danish Lineage
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Utah Utah
    Single adult
    Occupation
    College Student
    Politics
    Mercenary
    Religion
    Norse Pagan/Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To misquote a fun movie: "Norse Paganism tells you to stand, but all Christianity asks you to do is kneel." I know this is an oversimplification, but I think it gets the point across.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    As long as there is a need to control people and there are people who are easily controlled Christianity will stand. Will it enjoy the complete control it has in its glory days? No.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 18th, 2012 @ 04:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic American
    Ancestry
    German, Austrian &Swiss
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Grand + Great Grandparent
    Occupation
    Retired Auto worker-QC
    Politics
    Middle of the Road Conservative
    Religion
    Asatru/ Northern Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Asatru-Heathenry-Odinist-Norse Paganism

Asatru/Odinist/Heathenry/Norse Paganism........All of these are Folk Religons of Our Germanic Folk. They are part of Our Germanic Folkways. As long as Our Folk exist, there is a potential for Our Folk Religion to Exist in Our Blood, Our Bones, Our Hearts and Minds. The Survival of Our Folk is not Optional!
    Our Gods are Gods of Our Blood and Bone. Our Heathenry is a Part of Our Germanic Community. It helps in the Survival of Our Folk.

Christianity, like Islam, to a certain extent, like Buddhism, is a Revealed, Universal Religion. These are not Folk Religions, endemic to a People, but Revealed by a Prophet, or Teacher. Christianity & Islam are Religions of a Book, Not a Folk. Their God is a God of the Book.Jesus was a Jewish Prophet.
    I do not think he ever meant his Teachings to be Universal, but for the Jewish People. Paul was the Prophet to the Gentiles/Non-Jews.

We must bring more of Our Folk Home to Our Gods, for Our Norse Heathenry to Survive and Grow.
    Sorry about the Rant.........This is How I see the situation.
    Hail the Northern Gods! Hail the Northern Folk!

Last Online
    Sunday, May 24th, 2009 @ 07:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norway (P) + Scotland (PM) + Austria (MP + MM) + Swabia (MP) + Prussia (MM)
    Subrace
    Nordid-Atlantid and Bruenn
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Paleo-Liberalism
    Religion
    AGNOS/Athiest
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Paganism is not going to replace Christianity. Paganism died because it was folk religion that never approached universalism, and consequently when all the pagan druids were wiped out, so did the knowledge of the religion.

Personally I'm a bit skeptical of paganism. I've known pagans and I can say that very few of them were White Nationalist, most were really just hippies back in the 1970's who haven't grown up. The White movement would be more successful in the long run if it supported positive (race) Christianity as opposed to paganism.
    Like the Roman Catholic Priest in Northern Italy who wears a swastika arm brand. The reason I stopped attending church in the first place was because my pastor took a positive stance on gay marriage and condemned us for disagreeing with him.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2012 @ 07:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Single adult
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Split from: Varg Vikernes to Be Released from Prison

Quote Originally Posted by Rozenstorm View Post
    Yeah, because you're only intelligent and adult when you worship an anti-Christian, would-be Church-burning murderer. There used to be a time when the Right was about ethics, identity and morals. Now it's about being longhaired, killing and preferably worshipping thunder.
    Well you are right about that! He could also be a peace loving, soft spoken Christian like you… I guess
    And there are no more moral and ethical people than those worshiping the Semitic god, right?
    The protectors of Germanic identity
    Last edited by Hrodnand; Monday, May 11th, 2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: original link added

Last Online
    Saturday, April 7th, 2012 @ 12:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Flanders
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    Dietsland Dietsland
    State
    East Flanders East Flanders
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    National-Conservatism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Paganism is long dead and all it's important characteristics have been adopted in Christianity. Your Germanic identity is Christian and so is the European identity. Not even your grandparents grandparents grandparents were pagan so cut the act.

Anyway, this is getting off topic.

I find it funny though that you find Varg peaceloving. Considering the past.
    "La vie est la vie, c'est-à-dire un combat, pour une nation comme pour un homme"
    Charles de Gaulle

Last Online
    Thursday, February 18th, 2010 @ 11:49 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish, Scottish, Prussian
    Ancestry
    Ireland, Scotland, Prussia, Germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    California California
    Engaged
    Politics
    Radical Center
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Paganism is long dead and all it's important characteristics have been adopted in Christianity. Your Germanic identity is Christian and so is the European identity. Not even your grandparents grandparents grandparents were pagan so cut the act.

Anyway, this is getting off topic.

I find it funny though that you find Varg peaceloving. Considering the past.
    Didn't Christianity start outside of Europe? Thus, isn't it Semitic in identity? True, Christianity has played a major role in Europe's history (just ask all those people who were burned alive for believing in a different god(s),) however, people who value their heritage further then a thousand or so years also see the pagan roots of their people. How do you know his greatx5-grandparents weren't pagans? It's entirely possible, depending on where in the world they were.

Before you speak ill of people for doing violent things for their god(s), remember what people have done in the name of your god as well.

Anyway, I hope Varg finally does get out and lives a long and happy life.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 @ 11:48 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German/Dutch/Austrian/Danish
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It may very well be that most pagan rituals have been assimilated into Christianity, but these people are following their indigenous religion and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. There was a long and bloody crusade that forced a middle eastern religion on all of Europe, which in my opinion is very much like when the Mongols swept across Europe leaving their wake of carnage. The difference is that Europe never recovered from the semetic invasion. The proof that they never recovered is your post, criticizing your fellow Europeans for once again embracing the heritage that they were forced to leave behind.

Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 06:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Far Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Many people do not know that the bible in its present form is basically a sliver of its former size. It has been so edited and censored throughout the intervening centuries it is almost impossible to know for sure exactly its original message.
    Those early Christians/Gentiles, died in some pretty fiendish tortures devised by the Romans. There has to be something that drew these people to “Jesus” , in spite of the horrible fate that awaited them should they be caught. Something legitimate that could be felt and not just a bunch of desperate souls fooling themselves. I am no christian but I have sympathy for those who have used it to find peace of mind and without trying to impose it onto others.

Wasn’t he a rebellious jew, who is described in the talmud as boiling in a vat of excrement for all eternity as punishment?
    Who knows? But, if you want to read an alternate version of what may or may not have happened, then please read something I posted here earlier that makes a brave guess as to what went on behind the scenes of Christianity:

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.p...291#post939291

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast