View Poll Results: How Much Time Do You Spend when You Shower?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 5 minutes

3 4.69%
  • 5-10 minutes

14 21.88%
  • 10-20 minutes

21 32.81%
  • 20-30 minutes

16 25.00%
  • 30 minutes - 1 hour

8 12.50%
  • more than 1 hour

2 3.13%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Water Conservation: How Much Time Do You Spend when You Shower?

Secure a future for Germanic children
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Finns still survive, though they spend much time in Steam Baths and Saunas, so it wouldn't suffocate you. Not speaking from experience, but I suppose that giving birth to a healthy German boy is more sweat-and-toil than catching for breath in an over-heated shower, so I doubt it would kill our local she-bear.

PS: I am scared. She-bear takes less time in the shower than I. Perhaps I ought to cut my hair or sth...opinions from Chlodovech are not appreciated.
    I didn't mean literally suffocate me. But I don't enjoy the feeling of an oversteamed bathroom. I just shower to get clean, not meditate or the other kind of activities ( ), and 15 minutes is enough considering I do it daily. If I sweat heavily or get dirty twice a day. And my hair isn't shorter than yours. I just don't need a Hollywood shower.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 10:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bärin View Post
    I didn't mean literally suffocate me. But I don't enjoy the feeling of an oversteamed bathroom.
    LOL, tell me about it. See, I live with my grandparents. I tell my grandmother not to enter the downstairs bathroom (they still have the upstairs one ) within 20 minutes of me showering because it might mess with her diabetes.

I just shower to get clean, not meditate or the other kind of activities ( ), and 15 minutes is enough considering I do it daily.
    Other activities? For me that was always thinking. I'm a bad Bavarian, but not a pervert, as much as all those Catholic priests seem to come from my area.

Doubly LOL, this is the fun part. My length of showering has decreased by about 15 minutes now I cease to think about matters of importance underneath the showerhead. Since both of my grandparents are staunch Nationalists, I can articulate my thoughts at the breakfast table.

Suddenly, strangely enough, I take about 10 minutes for my shower instead of 25. Talk about being able to think freely about matters that concern you and the environment. When I last posted I was living in a flat with lefties, and when I second last posted I was having to share a shower with a negro that spent 40 minutes underneath the showerhead, probably washing off his colour or sth.

If I sweat heavily or get dirty twice a day. And my hair isn't shorter than yours. I just don't need a Hollywood shower.
    Yea, but you're a woman. You're allowed to spend time to get yourself ready, even if your son is probably screaming for something already (For Thunor's sake we're Germanic and not Greeks, men have to look after the needs of their kids too ). I'm a Germanic man and supposed to be low maintenance. I probably would be if I weren't so terribly vain, one of my few (many) sins.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sigurd For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2012 @ 07:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Single adult
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Hmmm, looking at the poll results I seem to be a rarely seen speed showerer... then again I have no hair to wash but I cant even imagine standing in the shower for 45 minutes as I consider 10 minutes to be an eternity standing in the shower. I was going to ask what the hell you people are doing in there that takes 45 minutes but then I thought I better not . But its still better than a bath I think, both from a water conservation standpoint (well depending on the showerhead and size of the tub) and the notion of sittin in a tepid pool of your own filth kinda grosses me out.
    Defamation-What is anti-Semitism today?http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=131762

Last Online
    Thursday, March 15th, 2012 @ 06:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Australia started putting water restrictions on people...2 minute showers or was it 4?.....silly crap. Haven't timed myself...under 10 mins for sure..washing long hair and all....... The best way to cleanse the body is a salted perfumed bath then shower off... final shot of cold is best.. hehe

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Norsk Y, Deutsch X
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    K
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    shipping and handling
    Politics
    popular monarchy
    Religion
    heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts
    Typically, I take 5-10 minutes alone, but 15-20 with my wife, because I let her go first while I'm soaping up and helping her. Most of the time, I lather on from head to toe and then stand under the showerhead until rinsed off. As a kid I liked taking hour baths and half-hour showers, but cut each in half as an adult.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Family
    Married parent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Anywhere between 15 and 30 mins. 15 mins if I'm in a hurry, an extra 10-15 if I exfoliate, shave & condition. If I shower with hubby, those sessions can get longer hehe

I also like to bathe once a week. Nothing beats a relaxing bubble bath, sipping some good old wine & thinking about the big questions in life. Hubby got us this hot tub which we put out in the yard and use for relaxation & fun on weekend nights.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gefjon For This Useful Post:

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Ancestry
    Danish, German
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    10-15 minutes. I used to spend much more than that when I was younger, but I reduced it overtime. Like others, I meditate in the shower as well however I don't want to overdo it. Dermatologists recommend 5-10 minute showers to keep the skin hydrated and clean. For sensitive or irritable skin, lukewarm showers are recommended. Too much heat can damage the surface of the skin, which can lead to inflammation and increase symptoms of eczema. Overshowering, especially with hot water can lead to dehydration of the skin. Warm or hot showering for prolonged periods strips away natural oils of the skin and opens up the pores, allowing moisture to escape. Applying body lotions and moisturizers right after showering helps preserve it. Cold showers can help reduce muscle soreness and calm irritated skin. Hot showers, on the other hand, can help manage the symptoms of a cold or cough by loosening phlegm and opening airways.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blod og Jord For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    3 Hours Ago @ 05:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Ancestry
    Prussia/Flandern
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Art Director
    Politics
    Right Wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    10-20 minutes. Could be shorter if I didn't shave at the same time. There was a Swedish scientist on TV a couple of weeks ago saying we should shower once every 14 days or even longer. I don't know what my wife would say about it if I'd follow his recommendations though.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Salsa For This Useful Post:

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    United Kingdom, Czechoslovakia, Netherlands, Germany, France
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Florida Florida
    Zodiac Sign
    Aries
    Politics
    Pro-Trump, Nationalist
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts
    I haven't timed myself lately. I can take 40-60 minutes in the shower. I turn the water off when lathering/scrubbing. I use warm water, not hot, and usually do a final rinse in cold water, especially for my hair. I used to take over an hour.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123