Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 64

Thread: Having a Capitalist View

  1. #41
    Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,403
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    117
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodericus View Post
    Opportunities for private enterprise, would be my definition.
    Free opportunities?
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

  2. #42
    Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Rædwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    5 Hours Ago @ 04:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Gender
    Age
    28
    Occupation
    Thrower of Rocks
    Politics
    Anti-Judaist
    Religion
    Crypto-Marcionite
    Posts
    867
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    181
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    355
    Thanked in
    198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Free opportunities?
    I couldn't find the words 'Free opportunities' in a ctrl+F search through this page of the thread, sorry. Lost in translation? I assumed your question pertained to the 'free' in 'free-market system', straw man.
    If only you knew how bad things really are

  3. #43
    Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,403
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    117
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodericus View Post
    I couldn't find the words 'Free opportunities' in a ctrl+F search through this page of the thread, sorry. Lost in translation? I assumed your question pertained to the 'free' in 'free-market system', straw man.
    So how is the word "free" related to "opportunities for private enterprises"? I don't get it.
    "Free" is an adjective here, is it not? Why has a "free-market system" opportunities for private enterprises, and a "market system" has not?
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Neophyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 09:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    48
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Posts
    2,051
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    187
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    188
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post

    I always wondered what this "free" is supposed to mean, maybe "free of sense".
    In technical terms a free market is a highly theoretical construct, a market without barriers to entry or exit and in which no participant can influence prices in any way thus ensuring optimal and efficient production without economic profits. I.e. a Utopia on par with the Communist society.

    Regarding regulation markets will always be regulated since it is the regulation that makes the market, and markets tend to be much more regulated that non-market alternatives. The issue is who that shall regulate, and for what purpose.

  5. #45
    Member
    John Frey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 12:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Germany/Norway
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Georgia Georgia
    Location
    North Georgia
    Gender
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Paleoconservative
    Religion
    Heathen
    Posts
    19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I do believe in free enterprise and the free market but I don't like what "capitalism" (at least in it's current form) stands for: giant corporations, globalism, wage slavery, a race to the bottom, and cultural Marxism. Some sensible regulations aren't really a problem however excessive government interference into the market can distort it and cause bubbles. A great example of what happens when a central bank and big government meddles endlessly into a market is the housing bubble and subsequent meltdown that followed in 2008.

  6. #46
    Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,403
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    117
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    Regarding regulation markets will always be regulated since it is the regulation that makes the market, and markets tend to be much more regulated that non-market alternatives.
    That was my point, the "free" should be ditched.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

  7. #47
    Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Rædwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    5 Hours Ago @ 04:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Gender
    Age
    28
    Occupation
    Thrower of Rocks
    Politics
    Anti-Judaist
    Religion
    Crypto-Marcionite
    Posts
    867
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    181
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    355
    Thanked in
    198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    That was my point, the "free" should be ditched.
    Tsk, it's just semantics.
    If only you knew how bad things really are

  8. #48
    Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,403
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    117
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodericus View Post
    Tsk, it's just semantics.
    You say this as if this does not matter at all. Yet, our enemies put an incredible effort into undermining semantics, e.g. euphemisms.

    Language should be precise, if you can call anything anything, then it is not.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Renwein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Friday, December 28th, 2018 @ 07:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    Gender
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Posts
    632
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodericus View Post
    Tsk, it's just semantics.
    I don't think so, the term 'free market' inspires people push hard for 'free' movement of people (all those immigrants to do the jobs we won't do because 'the labour market must be 'free'), 'free' movement of capital (to asia where it's cheaper to run your slave camps than pay westerners wages), 'free' trade (to bring in those goods you made in your slave camps), that markets are 'free' from government regulation (or 'interference'), so on and on, because otherwise the market isn't 'free' and an unfree market is doomed 'because that's what communism is and look what happened to that'.

  10. #50
    Retarded in mysterious ways
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Þoreiðar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    26 Minutes Ago @ 09:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Gender
    Posts
    2,788
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,892
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,925
    Thanked in
    977 Posts
    I think it's funny to see the opposers of the free market attempt to ambiguize the role of freedom in the free market system. Really, if you're against the freedom of your People for their own benefit, then that's fine. But don't pretend to be something you're not. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are You Socialist or Capitalist?
    By Chlodovech in forum Economics, Business, & Finance
    Replies: 229
    Last Post: Saturday, December 22nd, 2018, 07:50 PM
  2. The Capitalist Manifesto
    By Nachtengel in forum Economics, Business, & Finance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Tuesday, June 23rd, 2009, 09:26 PM
  3. Anti-Capitalist Free Market
    By DanseMacabre in forum Economics, Business, & Finance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Monday, June 2nd, 2008, 03:00 PM
  4. Pyramid of Capitalist System
    By Evolved in forum Political Theory
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Thursday, August 19th, 2004, 07:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •