Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperboreanar View Post
    Germanics are Aryans.

Aryan = Indo-European = white = sub-races = Germanic
    Is a blond Basque Indo-European, or not?

Indo-European refers to a linguistic group, and not to a race. And whether there are some light-skinned Indians or not, it is of no relevance for us, the European Europids having settled there are highly mongrelized - if we do not take care in near future we will become brownskinned Eurasians as well...this is how Germany looks like already.

The term Aryan has no place in a debate about indigenous European (meta) ethnicities.
    When men cease to fight — they cease to be — Men.
    “Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.” Brendan Behan

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    The term "Aryan" is academically translated as "Indo-Iranian" and it has not much to do with Germanics and/or Europeans in general.

"Indoeuropean" is a linguistic, not racial term, that refers to language groups branching off each other throughout History.

The fact that German and Sanskrit are both considered as Indoeuropean languages by linguists, does not mean German and Sanskrit retain any similarities today, as they've drifted very much apart throughout the ages. The same goes for the people speaking the languages.
    The fact that greek, swedish, spanish, french, etc, are concidered to be members of the IE family by the linguists, does not mean their speakers are of the same race. Even if they originally were (and that's subject to debate), they've drifted apart and formed distinct subracial groups.

Hitler arbitrarily took the term "Aryan" and re-introduced it with a new meaning, but the truth is that outside the Nazi and american Neonazi spheres, Aryan does not mean "White race" "pure blooded" or whatever Neonazis mean by it.

As for the Kalash girl....I am sick and tired of a single National Geographic snapshot posted over and over as proof of "whiteness" in that area. Not to mention that asides from the apparent blondism, she doesn't look europid at all.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 3rd, 2011 @ 02:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    State
    East Flanders East Flanders
    Nihilistic Individual Anarchism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Germanics are Aryans.

Aryan = Indo-European = white = sub-races = Germanic
    Aryan = Indo-Iranian. Aryan is a word only used in the old Indic language, it was used as a self-identifier. Just because it has a Indo-European root, doesn't mean that it's a self-identifier for all Indo-Europeans. The word Theuda is a self-identifing Germanic word with a Indo-European root. But does that mean Theuda is the word the historical Indo-Europeans used for self-identification? No. The same case with the word Aryan.

Aryan = Indo-European not Indo-Iranian
    So according to you, Indo-Iranians aren't Indo-European?
    Then what is "Indo-" doing in Indo-European ?
    And again I must explain to you that the oldest usage of the word Aryan goes to old Indic, where it was used as a self-identifier. How can it be that the people that first used the term to identify themselves with, aren't really the ethnicity they claim to be (even though they first used the term)?

Perhaps if you bothered to read my first post in this thread, you would realise that the ancient Aryans came from a location closer to Germany then Iran or India which they settled in. Yet you still claim ''Aryans are only Indo-Iranian''.
    So Chinese people are the real Japanese people, just because they live in the Urheimat of the Japanese?
    "There are no races, only countries of people Chuck Norris has beaten to different shades of black and blue."

Last Online
    Thursday, May 14th, 2009 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Shetland/England
    Subrace
    A mixture of Nordic and others
    Country
    England England
    Politics
    Technocracy
    Religion
    I don't think i can be labeled.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    Wrong. There are non-Germanic Aryans too.
    ??????

I said all white ''sub-races'' were Aryan. The three main sub-races are Meditereneans, Alpines and Nordics. Germanic is mostly Nordic with some slight Alpine influence, although of course northern Germanics are pure Nords.

Are you joking? This girl looks obviously non-Europid.
    Fair skin, straight blonde hair, blue eyes. What is non-Europid about her?

Her eyes might be just a little more slanted then an average European.

I hope you aren't going to tell me these people are "Aryan" too, because they're blond.
    Those are partial-Tocharians from China or Tarim Basin with much more slanted eyes. Their eyes and facial structures are Asian, unlike the photo i pasted...

Quote Originally Posted by Aptrgangr View Post
    Indo-European refers to a linguistic group, and not to a race.
    No it refers to a race.

Even if you say it refers to a linguistic group, the Indo-European language(s) thousands of years ago were spoken by a people who looked the same.
    Black Africans and Asians never spoke Indo-European language...only people who were white did. Hence why the Rig-Veda (i have already quoted) states the Aryan colour as white and that dark skin of the Dasyu (Dravidians) was evil.

the European Europids having settled there are highly mongrelized
    That's what i said. Most Aryans are mongrelised, but a minority of Brahmins kept racially pure and the Vedic texts stated the higher castes or varna should not mix with the shudra (who were entirely dark skinned Dravidians).

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Axis View Post
    The term "Aryan" is academically translated as "Indo-Iranian" and it has not much to do with Germanics and/or Europeans in general.
    Wrong, Aryan does not mean ''Indo-Iranian''. Infact it's real etymology can be traced to the far north (Scandinavia), which supports the Hyperborean hypothesis for the origin of the Aryan race from the Arctic or near Arctic regions (North Sea).

Read Guido Von List's Secret of the Runes (1908), where he traces the word Aryan to the proto-Germanic or Nordic AR RUNE.

Aryan does not mean "White race"
    I have QUOTED THE RIG-VEDA.

The Rig-Veda states the Aryans were white skinned.

Aryan = white.

I have provided ancient historical literature to support my claims, you have supported your claims with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    So according to you, Indo-Iranians aren't Indo-European?
    The original inhabitants of Iran were Aryans (Indo-Europeans). I don't see how you have misunderstood my point.

If you want to see what the first inhabitants of Iran looked like, look up the Iran Salt mummies:

So Chinese people are the real Japanese people, just because they live in the Urheimat of the Japanese?
    The first inhabitants of China were the Tocharians who were Aryans. So Japs and Chinese really don't even have a homeland.

Also, the Ainu predate the Japs in Japan.
    Last edited by Hauke Haien; Friday, April 10th, 2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: ad hominem

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I have read G.V. List's Secret of the Runes and I can also read Sanskrit.

Especially the latter, the study of Sanskrit texts in the prototype, has convinced me about this. Aryan does not mean "white" simply because at the time the Vedas were written, there was no such concept of a "White race" in the area.

Aryan is a term by which Hindus referred to themselves, Arya-Desa (land of the Aryans) is the land surrounding the Indus river.

And the reason I went to the University to study Sanskrit was exactly that: to clear such misunderstandings in my head.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Fair skin, straight blonde hair, blue eyes.

Blond haired, light eyed Aryans?

The conclusion, which you and others who are obsessed with pigmentation should repeat 100 times:
    Pigmentation =/= (sub-race)

What is non-Europid about her?
    Her facial structure.

Her eyes might be just a little more slanted then an average European.

Those are partial-Tocharians from China or Tarim Basin with much more slanted eyes. Their eyes and facial structures are Asian, unlike the photo i pasted...
    Just a little more? She is Mongoloid, just like them! Slanted eyes, epicanthus, and her freckles look unnatural, more like spots. Maybe she has a slight version of albinism or blondism. Her spots are very similar to the ones on the second picture of the albino negroe.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Shetland/England
    Subrace
    Country
    England England
    Politics
    Technocracy
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Aryan does not mean "white" simply because at the time the Vedas were written, there was no such concept of a "White race" in the area.

All you have proven is that you have never read a Vedic text in your life.

The Rig-Veda describes a racial conflict.

''According to the Rig Veda, the leader of the Aryan invasion was one Indra, and his role in “slaying the Dasyus” (the Negroids in India) is prominent in the Rig Veda:

"Thou, Indra, art the destroyer of all the cities, the slayer of the Dasyus, the prosperer of man, the lord of the sky." - RgV. VIII 87.6

The Rig Veda goes on to use the word “black” in a number of instances to describe the Dasyu:

"Indra, the slayer of Vrittra, the destroyer of cities, has scattered the Dasyu (hosts) sprang from a black womb." RgV. II 20.6

THE “ARYAN COLOR” – THE RIG VEDA

The Rig Veda praises the god who "destroyed the Dasyans and protected the Aryan colour." - Rg.V. III 34.9

It then goes on to thank the god who "bestowed on his white friends the fields, bestowed the sun, bestowed the waters." - Rg.V. I 100.18

Black skin is repeatedly referred to with abhorrence in the Rig Veda: starting with a description of the "black skin" (`Krishnam Vacham') in RgV. IX 41.1, Sam. V I.491 and II.242.

For example in RgV. IX 73 it is said that “stormy gods who rush on like furious bulls and scatter the black skin", and it claims that “the black skin, the hated of Indra" will be swept out of heaven - RgV. IX 73.5

Rg.V. I 130.8 tells of how the “black skin” was conquered:

"Indra protected in battle the Aryan worshipper, he subdued the lawless for Manu, he conquered the black skin."

The Rig Veda thanks god for "scattering the slave bands of black descent", and for stamping out "the vile Dasyan colour." - Rg.V. II.20.7, II 12.4

It also contains this choice remark which sums up the Aryan’s opinion of their non-White subjects: "Black skin is impious" (‘Dasam varnam adharam’) -Sans., Rg.V. II.12.4

Other extracts from the Rig Veda further illustrate the sharp racial divisions in this time:

Indra - 1.130.8 - "Indra in battles help his Aryan worshipper, he who hath hundred helps at hand in every fray, in frays that win the light of heaven. Plaguing the lawless he gave up to Manu's seed the dusky skin; Blazing, 'twere, he burns each covetous man away, he burns, the tyrannous away."

Indra - 4.16.13 - "Thou to the son of Vidathin, Rjisvan, gavest up mighty Mrgaya and Pipru. Thou smotest down the swarthy fifty thousand, and rentest forts as age consumes a garment."

Indra - 5.29.10 - "One car-wheel of the Sun thou rolledst forward, and one thou settest free to move for Kutsa. Thou slewest noseless Dasyus with thy weapon, and in their home o'erthrewest hostile speakers." ("Noseless Dasyus" would suggest a reference to flat nosed Negroid types)

Soma Pavamana - 9.41.1 - "ACTIVE and bright have they come forth, impetuous in speed like bulls, driving the black skin far away."

Soma Pavamana - 9.73.5 - "O'er Sire and Mother they have roared in unison bright with the verse of praise, burning up riteless men, Blowing away with supernatural might from earth and from the heavens the swarthy skin which Indra hates."

RIG VEDA DESCRIBES ARYAN GODS AS BLONDS

Indra - 10.23.4 - "With him too is this rain of his that comes like herds: Indra throws drops of moisture on his yellow beard. When the sweet juice is shed he seeks the pleasant place, and stirs the worshipper as wind disturbs the wood."

Indra - 10.96.8 - "At the swift draught the Soma-drinker waxed in might, the Iron One with yellow beard and yellow hair. He, Lord of Tawny Coursers, Lord of fleet-foot Mares, will bear his Bay Steeds safely over all distress."

Indra - 1.9.3 - "O Lord of all men, white of cheek, rejoice thee in the gladdening lauds, Present at these drink-offerings."

All of this is present in ancient writings and you write there was no such concept of a "White race" in the area (when the Vedas were written).

Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    Blond haired, light eyed Aryans?
    Aryans don't have wooly negroid hair, negroid noses and negroid prognathic jaws. You were being sarcastic, but at the same time failed to actually read where i wrote ''straight hair''. Negroid Albino's don't have straight hair...and their bone structure is still negro. So no they don't look racially white or Aryan.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperboreanar
    All you have proven is that you have never read a Vedic text in your life.
    Do you speak Sanskrit?

Because the translations you are providing are highly inaccurate. It is a matter of translation, and archeological interpretation at the same time.

Give me, for example, the original sanskrit word for "swarthy". Come on.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Aryans don't have wooly negroid hair, negroid noses and negroid prognathic jaws. You were being sarcastic, but at the same time failed to actually read where i wrote ''straight hair''. Negroid Albino's don't have straight hair...and their bone structure is still negro. So no they don't look racially white or Aryan.
    Of course I was being sarcastic, doh.

Straight hair = not an exclusively European trait.

Europeans with naturally curly hair.

It's not African hair, but it's not straight.

Have you seen any Asians with curly or African hair? I haven't. Asians have typically straight hair.

Being Asian, it's normal that girl has straight hair. Her facial traits are non-Europid, she can have all the blond straight hair in the world. She would look alien in any European country and at home in the steppes of Mongolia.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Shetland/England
    Subrace
    Country
    England England
    Politics
    Technocracy
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Do you speak Sanskrit?

Because the translations you are providing are highly inaccurate. It is a matter of translation, and archeological interpretation at the same time.

Give me, for example, the original sanskrit word for "swarthy". Come on.
    I included it already, Krishnam Vacham = black skin.

The Dasyu or Dasyans are called Krishnam Vacham, they were the black/dark skinned Dravidian populations.
    Last edited by Hauke Haien; Friday, April 10th, 2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: off topic

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast