Community Volkisch
    Religion
    Old Religion - European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Another Anglo-Saxon Bites the Dust

DETROIT – Time and time again, General Motors Corp.'s board of directors reaffirmed its support for Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner, even as the company piled up billions of dollars in losses and begged for government loans to stay alive.

But Wagoner is now a high-profile casualty of government intervention, forced out as part of the Obama administration's sweeping last-ditch effort to save the century-old auto giant.

Wagoner, 56, who spent 32 years with GM working all over the world, stepped down effective immediately, the company said in a statement early Monday. He was replaced as CEO by Fritz Henderson, the company's vice chairman and chief operating officer.

GM board member Kent Kresa, a former chairman and CEO of Northrop Grumman Corp., was named interim chairman and said new directors will make up the majority of GM's board when a new slate is nominated for election at the company's annual meeting in August.

"The board has recognized for some time that the company's restructuring will likely cause a significant change in the stockholders of the company and create the need for new directors with additional skills and experience," Kresa said in a written statement.

The management shake-up, according to several industry analysts, shows that the administration is serious about forcing GM to change more quickly and dramatically than it did during Wagoner's nearly nine-year tenure as CEO.

Jeremy Anwyl, chief executive of the automotive Web site Edmunds.com, called the move "political theater" to appease an increasingly bailout-weary public.

"American taxpayers are not happy," Anwyl said. "But this way you're able to point to Rick and say he's gone, and that creates an environment where the loans become politically palatable."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

I continue to be surprised at the way in which the old Anglo-saxon Ruling Class in the US has been taken apart in the last 40 years by the outsiders without much resistance.
    "Wenn vor uns ein feindliches Heer dann erscheint, Wird Vollgas gegeben Und ran an den Feind!
    Was gilt denn unser Leben
    Für unsres Reiches Heer? (Ja Reiches Heer)
    Für Deutschland zu sterben ist uns höchste Ehr!"

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    They aren't competitive. It will take an entire cultural shift for them to become so. One that emphasizes self responsibility, self improvement, community responsibility, morals etc.

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 12:02 AM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    State
    New York New York
    Devoted father & husband
    Politics
    E Pluribus Unum
    Religion
    Ascension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Time and time again, General Motors Corp.'s board of directors reaffirmed its support for Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner, even as the company piled up billions of dollars in losses and begged for government loans to stay alive.
    I love how journalists, talk to us like we are children. Losses inflicted by Government intervention in the market. Policies and regulations that government forced upon them which drove the industry over seas. Of course the unions didn't help either, with their artificially high prices and wages.

"
    The board has recognized for some time that the company's restructuring will likely cause a significant change in the stockholders of the company and create the need for new directors with additional skills and experience," Kresa said in a written statement.

What additional skills, what additional experience. And where is it going to come from? How do you top 32 years??

The management shake-up, according to several industry analysts, shows that the administration is serious about forcing GM to change more quickly and dramatically than it did during Wagoner's nearly nine-year tenure as CEO.
    Force, is always a great motivator. We can expect nothing but clear sailing now that the Big boys are running things. Jeeez. To think all we need to do is give the administration the reigns, they are so efficient.

Jeremy Anwyl, chief executive of the automotive Web site Edmunds.com, called the move "political theater" to appease an increasingly bailout-weary public.
    Passage of the bail outs was 'political theater' I have yet to find any one who remotely favored the bail out. How about any of you?

"....Those who cried appease appease......"

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...auto-bailouts/
    March 30 2009 WASHINGTON (CNN) – Do Americans support more taxpayer money for the ailing U.S auto makers?

The answer appears to be no. Sixty-one percent of Americans questioned in CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll conducted last month say they're opposed to more government assistance for the big Detroit auto companies, with 37 percent in favor of taxpayer help. And only one in four were confident that auto executives would make the right economic decisions to help the country escape from the recession. In a Gallup poll conducted around the same time, seven in ten people opposed an auto bailout.

"American taxpayers are not happy," Anwyl said. "But this way you're able to point to Rick and say he's gone, and that creates an environment where the loans become politically palatable."
    It was all Rick's fault. You can go back to your bread and circuses. Not only did the real culprit get away, but now he's running the show and he's going to make you fund it. For all the 'not happy taxpayers': how about creating an environment where your elected officials are held politically responsible. Let them know in no uncertain terms, when they fail to represent you, they no longer serve their purpose.

What are we sheep?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Yes we are sheep. There's only three ways to avoid such: 1) become an elite yourself who sucks wealth from the system and manipulates the public. 2) decentralize control and start holding people responsible (highly unlikely. Too many sheep would reject to this. It would also mean all the underperformers being allowed to starve/fail or in the least be sterilized). 3) build responsible enclaves and be more successful than everyone else- wait for the system to collapse.

The strange thing though is the government is offering loans to the auto industry. It's not like they are giving them anything. These are loans that under normal economic conditions they probably could have gotten. Admittedly because of inflation and such this benefits the industry mildly. Yet the banks were given money outright, much more of it and with no strings attached.

No- Japanese automakers and companies are run far better. Having worked in the united states I'd say a half retard could run these companies better. Interestingly I just recently took a business management class in college for the fun of it. We had these discussions and I brought up a bunch of common sense points like happy workers work harder- so why do the companies I've worked for go out of the way to sh*t on their employees etc. etc. Strangely after discussing about a 1,000 points of how these companies could do better I start reading my school text book. It basically repeated everything I said and gave studies to confirm this. This is an introductory level college textbook. Are the people who run these businesses educated at all? Are they purposely trying to fail? I honestly don't understand the level of incompetence. I can't overstate it. Living in society I have become convinced that a total collapse is inevitable and that our leaders and our rank and file by and large are incompetent and unreceptive to logical ideals.

Maybe I just don't see the big picture but I've been confined to working menial jobs. They will beg for managers or skilled workers but will not train anybody for those jobs. They would rather loose money and go bankrupt than to give a hard worker an opportunity by training him/her. It makes no sense. I have literally done the job of two people. I never got a dime more. I could have saved the company a lot of money if they would just have given me a slight raise but they refuse. The companies also could easily help employees pay for schooling and have them sign contracts to work for them later- thus securing highly competitive skilled jobs. Only hopsitols and such seem to do this. They will protect retarded (disabled) and minority workers who do nothing, but totally screw over the people who do all the work etc. etc. To me it seems to arrise mainly from stupidity and incompetence and lack of working knowledge of what's going on, as well as laziness. I think there is this liberal ideal in society where people have this hatred or resentment towards people who are strong, healthy, honest, work hard, good looking etc. And they want to protect the weak, sick, lazy, criminal etc. And it infests all the way down into the work zone. You will get treated better by the company for destroying it and making it go bankrupt then you will for helping it to thrive and make big profits. To a small degree I think some of the higher ups hate poor people and think that you must be stupid and worthless if you are at a menial position. Yet they will hire people with College degrees who can't tie their own shoe laces and treat them with all kinds of respect. Or hire people who are related to them or born into money who are likewise morons and treat them like they are great skilled leaders.

It reminds me of a class system. Work is not rewarded, but rather what class you are in determines your pay, respect, treatment and how much value you have. Intelligence, competence etc. is not as important as class here either. At least any chump can go to school, invest etc. and move up in class but it seems like a huge waste of talent. Then within classes the opposite of what's good is rewarded: if you are from an underperforming group- rewarded. If you are retarded or incompetent- rewarded. And so on. If you have ten kids and are a poor worker and never show up on time you are more likely to get a raise than someone who is responsible and doesn't have kids that he can't afford to support and shows up on time and does a better job than anyone else. If you screw up all the time but looks like you are "trying hard" you get rewarded.

I'll give one example in College: I took an economics class. The teacher said we would be graded strictly on our test scores. So I studied up on my own and skipped out of class early every time (it was a 3 hour class). Had an A average on my tests. I got a B. Why? Because I thought the material was fairly easy and straightforward. I didn't seem to be working too hard even though my performance was good. Other students who didn't know the material as well as me but seemed slow in the head and struggling really hard and staying for the whole class were more favored than me. It's the same in the work zone. It's all politics rather than actually how productive or competent you are. People like me who tend to do most of the work aren't well versed in bullshitting, lies, politics etc. So we are the first to get shit on. This is why I throw my hands up and I'm like f*ck it! These companies I've worked for have lost their work horse. I'm going to College then after that I'm growing my own food and trying to make everything myself- its more efficient than dealing with incompetent morons who will punish me everytime for doing something right!! This is why the system is going down!

And we all know about how white discrimination has wasted talent. The whole system is rotten to the core. Its embarassing. Just with the auto industry for example: the Japanese run their companies better, they actually treat their employees good which causes the whole thing to run better, and they deliver a superior product at a lower price. Japan is a first world country. They don't pay their employees slave wages. So free trade with Japan shouldn't disadvantage us. In fact in the case of auto workers we are dealing with skilled labor which most third world countries lack. Why is it cheaper to build something overseas and with the added costs of shipping ship it here? Why is it that Honda and Toyota plants in America seem to be running better with American workers than GM and Ford? The Americans are incompetent. It's not so much genetics as it is the liberal culture.

One example: You hear from every company that "diversity makes us stronger. It increases our productivity and profits!!" Actually studies have shown the opposite. Yet the American companies are comitted to a failed ideology based on some politically correct dogma. The philosophy running this country and the west in general is one that leads to failure.

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 12:02 AM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    State
    New York New York
    Devoted father & husband
    Politics
    E Pluribus Unum
    Religion
    Ascension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    General Motors Corporation (GM) (NYSE: GM), is an automaker founded in 1908. It is the world's second-largest automaker after Toyota, ranked by 2008 global unit sales.[3] GM was the global sales leader for 77 consecutive calendar years from 1931 to 2007.
    The Global sales leader for 77 years, and they are going bankrupt. Why? How much more successful can a corporation be? Bad management does not net these this type of success. Obviously the bankruptcy is due to another hidden reason. Hint, INFLATION. Businesses do not thrive in a recession, investors do not invest, and John Doe does not hire Billy Bob to do something he can do himself.

Maybe I just don't see the big picture but I've been confined to working menial jobs. They will beg for managers or skilled workers but will not train anybody for those jobs. They would rather loose money and go bankrupt than to give a hard worker an opportunity by training him/her. It makes no sense. I have literally done the job of two people. I never got a dime more. I could have saved the company a lot of money if they would just have given me a slight raise but they refuse.
    You save them the money anyway, regardless if they reward you. This type of attitude is what has fostered the whole decline in business, the attitude of self entitlement. Give me more money, and I'll work harder. It is the attitude of the Union employee, and it is now evident even in the private sector. These Union's have driven a wedge between the worker and the employer. Why would a corporation want to help an employee, who belongs to an organization that is hostile to it's function? If the Government lifted the Union protectionist laws tomorrow, All union employees would be out of a job.

The companies also could easily help employees pay for schooling and have them sign contracts to work for them later- thus securing highly competitive skilled jobs. Only hopsitols and such seem to do this
    Plenty of business will send their workers to school. The machine trade, electrical companies, and HVAC come to mind. This from companies that are non-Union. It is always in their best interest to invest in the employee who is worth investing in. These are usually the workers who will go out of their way and above their job description and not ask anything in return. Just doing your job should entitle you to keep your job, nothing more. I learned this from years of experience.

No- Japanese automakers and companies are run far better.
    Yeah, they have had success restricting Union involvement. Besides that, Americans support the Japanese auto companies because they are a competitive market. They also are obsessed with statistics and surveys, so they flock towards the cars that are statistically safer. Since cars (and almost everything) now a days are made of a PETROL based product, safety has greatly been diminished as has longevity. But profits in OIL are at an all time high.

Why is it that Honda and Toyota plants in America seem to be running better with American workers than GM and Ford?
    Good question, here is the truth. Companies run more efficient without union infiltration. http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/lab...oudette-w.html

You will get treated better by the company for destroying it and making it go bankrupt then you will for helping it to thrive and make big profits.
    Sure, try that and see how far you go. If you are referring to the former CEO of GM, I would hardly consider his record one of failure. Don't believe what you hear, and read. You live in a nation that has two very distinct classes of people. Those who think for themselves, and those who don't. The media caters to the latter.

Always strive to be the one who works harder, even if you do not receive immediate acknowledgment, it will not go unnoticed. We must understand that the situation which all business owners find themselves in, is not due to their own shortcomings, but directly related to the spending habits and protectionist policies of a run away government.
    Yes we are sheep.
    The wolves can always take such back at any time they see fit. I am not a defeatist, those content to see the 'West' fall, better realize that it will take them with it. Unless you can escape into space, or tunnel a mile into the earth your individual fate is tied to the lifeline of the 'West'. Sever the umbilical cord of the infant, and it perishes.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Not self entitlement but give me enough money so I can eat, have a home, and get to work.

I worked at BP gas station. I had to walk to work because I couldn't afford a car. I could barely pay rent living in the ghetto in the cheapest most crime ridden part of town, people on welfare were getting paid more than me.

The managers usually didn't show up nor my co-workers and I'd be the only one there. Running the store myself at the busiest time of day in 8 hours I would net about $9,000. Normally if someone else was working their sales would be about $7,000. I just worked harder and got things done usually better than others. Of that $9,000 you can say over $4,000 was profit. Of that $4,000 I saw about $40. The company maybe shelled out $80 with taxes, insurance etc. No benefits or anything by the way.

Now I'm not a greedy person but if I'm making you $4,000 profit a day all by myself shouldn't I be allowed to eat a sandwhich or have a roof over my head? I have been homeless before because wages are so low yet I was making my employers rich. And say if I work harder than everyone else and earn you an extra $2,000 a day, couldn't you give me and extra $5 out of that so I can eat lunch??

I just say a good days work should be payed a fair days wages. I'm not into all that entitlement. I don't expect to get paid just because my boss is doing well. I want to be compensated fairly for what I put in and be treated like a human being.

Well I tried getting on at jobs. I couldn't find any good jobs that would hire me. It was a self feeding cycle because I couldn't afford a car to drive way out and find jobs but I did live near many of them. I told them "train me" they said no. I worked at jobs, they also wouldn't train. I do think its a lot worse in heavily minority areas because some of the jobs told me they trained people before and lost money because they were morons. But even working at jobs I showed my competence.

Now I have a step grandpa who had no licence and started driving a truck. They just trained him. He made good money. Today they pay less money and they wont train you. I tried. You got to shell out thousands of dollars going to truck driving school. I had a great uncle who was a high school drop out, worked for a business was promoted, took it over and died a multimillionaire. I tried that, and no you can't move up in these businesses- its a lie. Everybody working at these places tells me the same thing- you used to have benefits, you used to get paid good, you used to get on the job training etc. Today its a different story. Our culture has changed. Greed is all that matters now and the rich just want to get richer by screwing everyone else over. Not saying there aren't still good jobs out there. My brother got on to a good one. Curiously owned by Germans!! It seems like the only good places to work are owned by foriegners. From what I hear the Toyota plant is one of the best places to work down in Kentucky where my cousin lives!! That's telling you that American owners must be doing something seriously wrong.

And back to BP- I met and talked with millionaire big whigs. They were morons. They had us do stuff that lost money for the company even though little old minimal wage employees knew better. I don't know what exactly it is they do that make them worth so much. Seems to me they were just born into money and got a college education.

I even went into one company and told them. I was treated like I wasn't good enough to be trained for management but I took college level management courses and they seemed easy and I got good grades?? It's such a waste of money though when someone could have just trained me without spending 5 zillion dollars on pointless education.

At one place- a paper recycling warehouse our supervisor was the highest paid in the plant besides his boss. He did no work. He just walked around harassing people and went home 4 hours early everyday. The only time he did anywork was when somebody didn't show up then he'd do their job. He got in fights with employees, harassed them verbally and in other ways etc. When he left the plant ran smoother without him and more work got done. Yet rather than promote the hard workers at the bottom they were looking for another guy like this. I guess because he was in the right "class" of people. It doesn't make sense to me.

At that same place they had crack heads driving forklifts but wouldn't train me. I guess I need to work there for 10 years living in poverty the whole time to be promoted to fork lift driver. seems kind of pointless. They purposely put you through hell when you are on the bottom.

Yeah I agree GM is going under becaues of the economy but its also because they have been slumping for years. Since the 70s really. It's like when you are really unhealthy to begin with and never exercise or eat right then you get hit with a cold and you are 10 times worse. The inevitable happens because you aren't healthy enough to sustain any hard times. The economy is just the straw that broke the American automakers backs. It's not the only thing.

The west falling: If I attach myself to mainstream society I fail with them. I can't change the retards out there. I've tried to talk sense to them. They are heading to inevitable failure: which serves them right for being retarded. I feel I'm better than average and what's out here. I will be hurt by the fall short term when it happens but that's why I'm working on sustainable communities, self sufficiency, stock piling etc. The fall will eventually rebuild.