Politics
    Advocatus Diaboli
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    So the FRG will last forever?
    Nothing lasts for ever. The FRG will not cease to exist in near future.
    The minorities are not stronger than us,
    In what regard? In regard of ethnic policy, their power is stronger to the factor infinite compared to that of Germans, who have 0 ethnic power.
    the Germans allow them to be in the position they are today.
    Yes. But if they would not want that policy, they could not vote against it since any opinion opposing multiculturalism is "undemocratic" and therefor void.
    They did not invade us, we invited them.
    Noone is forced to follow an invitation - anyway, it is an invasion since the FRG authorities are in the hands of pro-mass-immigration lobbyists. Ethnomorphosis is the "reason of state" for the FRG.
    The Turkish horde was kicked out of Europe once, and it will be kicked out again.
    You seem to have information I lack, therefor I can´t share your confidence.
    When men cease to fight — they cease to be — Men.
    “Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.” Brendan Behan

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Should All Germanic Countries Adopt Nordic Cross Flags?

Some people here said Germanics should have a common flag or new flags should be designed for some countries. What about having similar flags, with the same symbol but each with specific national colors? Nordic cross flags have been proposed for many Germanic countries and regions, sometimes they were used for some time.

Besides the well-known Scandinavian flags, here are other Nordic cross flags

Reconstruction of the flag of the Kalmar Union (Denmark, Norway and Sweden)

Flag of Shetland, Scotland

Flag of Orkney, Scotland

Proposed flag for the Highlands, Scotland

Proposal for flag of Greenland

Proposed national flags of Germany

Other former German flags

Flag proposal for Northern England.

Unofficial flag of Swedish-speaking Finns

Unofficial flag of Frisia

Unofficial flag of Normandy, France

The so-called "Vinland flag"

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 @ 05:22 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Can someone fill me in on the true origin of the white dragon flag? Doesn't it derive from some dream that someone had about the English fighting the Welsh, and that before then the Welsh had often represented themselves with a dragon?

Was there a flag for any of the Angles, Saxons, or Jutes before this one came about? Also, I don't want to some like a scandophile or something similar, but I do think the Northern English flag looks pretty cool. It's like the reverse of the Danish flag, which would make sense considering the supposed Viking element found especially in the north of England (Although I guess I'm not very wont to love the idea of a Christian symbol representing what I perceive as a pre-Christian people).

Edit: I should mention I am pretty happy with the already-there flags of England and Britain I just kind of had an interest in that dragon flag. Also I don't know if I really would care about a pan-germanic flag either.

Schimmelreiter
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, September 4th, 2017 @ 08:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Deutsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Discounting the idea that the Dannebrog fell from the sky during the Livonian Crusade, it is likely that it was inspired by the earlier Reichssturmfahne:

The other Scandinavian flags postdate the Dannebrog and are of course based on it in turn.

In this sense, it is a nice touch to borrow it back as some sort of common design. The tendency to do that was also evident in other ways in the religious imagery of the Germanic peoples during the Common Germanic era. However, a cross flag could be misinterpreted as an affirmation of Europe and Christendom, which I do not find desirable at all.

A sunwheel, apart from being politically inopportunous, is likewise prone to misinterpretation in terms of the identity it alludes to, but its inherent meaning is powerful and appropriate.

The idea of using a raven is what I like best so far, because of its emphasis on mental might.

Last Online
    Monday, October 17th, 2011 @ 09:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Deutsch
    Ancestry
    Westfalen
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Single adult
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauke Haien View Post
    A sunwheel, apart from being politically inopportunous, is likewise prone to misinterpretation in terms of the identity it alludes to, but its inherent meaning is powerful and appropriate.
    I think the meaning outweighs everything that speaks against it. There are obvious mental barriers that have to be overcome, thats true.
    But the Sun, representing the eternal Power that we want to become, emphasises not only mental but absolute might.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, April 12th, 2019 @ 10:19 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    And there goes Austria?

-In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Friday, December 28th, 2018 @ 07:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think it would be a good idea, perhaps not as the official national flag for each state, but as a second flag representing a part of a 'confederacy' of Germanic nations, why not?

Since I was young I always thought of Scandinavia, Denmark and Iceland as a collective group since they all had the same flag shape. (for some reason I didn't make the link with England, perhaps because the Union Jack was more symbolic of the country in my mind at that time). I never felt the 'christianity' link to be as strong as the link between all the countries symbolised by the flag. It's just a matter of attitude, and attitude can be a matter of education. Symbols change their meanings all the time. (eg, after decades of 'mis' education, the church could expropriate pre-christian icons and festivals for itself, why not the same in reverse? ).

Besides, the (sun) cross is already a pre-christian symbol, and has been used by non-christian euro-nationalists for a while now (including the norway govt 1941-1945). Anything that fosters a kind of unity/collective awareness in peoples minds should be encoraged, IMO.

re. the 'proposed north of england' flag in the first post, IMO this is something of a farce drempt up by some ultra-regionalist northerner in his bedroom, the red cross is fine, or a 'nordic style' cross for the whole of england, but just for the north? blah
    I would prefer a non-cross flag (like the 'saxon dragon') as a choice for a 'free and independant' England as symbolising a new dawn, a clean break from the 'christian' era and a greater emphasis on the ethnic past & unity of the people(rather than the religious), but as a grouping I think it would be good to have 'two flags', one symbolising the nation, and the other (crosses) the collectivity of northern lands - the tradition is there already, why not use it?

Last Online
    Monday, February 20th, 2017 @ 11:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't have much affinity with the Dutch national flag, and would be open to a successor with a Nordic cross. That it's a (the) Christian symbol is a plus for me. But apart from that the Nordic cross as a flag symbol has a strength of its own.

What I don't like is the idea that the Netherlands would get a flag that might be seen as a knock-off of the Nordic flags.

However, in the unlikely event that the Netherlands and Flanders become a confederacy, we might need a common flag that resembles neither the Dutch nor the Flemish flag, to underscore that neither country is absorbing the other.

Currently, the only widely used flag in the Netherlands featuring a cross (albeit not a Nordic cross) is that of the northernmost province in the Netherlands, i.e. that of Groningen:

The white/green cross in the middle represents the (originally Saxon) city Groningen, and the blue/red squares represent the (originally Frisian) Ommelanden ("surrounding lands").

Last Online
    Friday, February 19th, 2010 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English with small Irish, Welsh and Visigothic Spanish ancestry
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    National Liberalism
    Religion
    Germanic Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Although i think its better for individual Germanic nations to retain more tribalistic symbols in their flags, such as the English White Dragon, but if there was to be a Pan-Germanic flag the Nordic Cross is unsuitable beause:

A) It only symbolises the North Germanic (ie Norse) spectrum of Europe which, though important, is smaller than the West Germanic groups, and thus the symbolic flag design for a smaller part of a larger community should not rely represent that of the whole body.

B) The cross is a Christian symbol and thus for all extensive purposes not really fit to be used as a symbol for the Germanic culture.

Ideally for me a suitable Pan-Germanic flag design would include the Odal rune symbol which is purely Germanic, as opposed to the Swastika and Sun Cross which is found in other cultures.

In fact i think i'll make my avatar an odal rune from now on...

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, June 20th, 2011 @ 06:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Subrace
    Don't know
    State
    Alaska Alaska
    Family
    Married with Children
    Occupation
    disaster mitigation
    Politics
    I want my country back now
    Religion
    HFR Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I have no problem with countries that want a cross on their flag, it could be a "quartering" or a "polaris" if it was heraldry. A cross doesn't have to mean "Jesui".

I voted "no" on the poll because I think that national sovereignty is more important than all the Germanic countries having the same kind of flag. What aim would similarity of flags serve if we were united in race or culture but divided in purpose, goal, and direction? In my opinion it would be a shallow symbol at best.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast