Poll: Do you support an opposition forum for trolls and antis?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Opposition Forum for Trolls and Antis

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Sure it'd be fun to "debate" with dissidents, but that's not what we're here for, personal differences aside. There's SF, The Apricity, Youtube, 4chan, DeviantART, BBC comment threads, and a whole internet to have fun with and debate more or less with those who don't share our views.
    Yeah, but there's limitations to the fun that can be had in those places. Places like Youtube are fun to troll; there's little to no moderation there. But the people I debate with there are essentially know nothings. They'll usually make an uneducated comment about, say, genetics, I'll refute them, and then they'll simply not reply. There's no challenge there, and because of that I don't learn anything from debating them, my arguments aren't put to the test and therefore don't evolve or improve in any way. 4chan is only fun if you like talking to seven year olds. TA is heavily modded, and if you don't have gypsy heritage, you're on every moderator's watch list. And, again, the people there aren't very intelligent and therefore debates with them are neither fun nor edifying.

I think the only antis who'd be drawn to a site like this would be the ones who actually felt they were up to the task of challenging us, which means they'd probably know something about history, genetics, philosophy etc. Maybe in a sustained debate (as opposed to the Youtube ones that always end in the other quitting once you demonstrate you're a lot smarter than they are) we'd get some valuable insights into the mentality and tactics of our enemies.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    mainly UP
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Natural Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Whether one needs a Ghetto for trolls anmdis question that only becomes relevant once one has decided to tolerate these people at all. I think most people here are trying to say they don't want trolls and Antis here. However IF they would be allowed, to have them in a limited area is certainly the better option then allowing them to trample on the hole corn field here.
    "And God proclaims as a first principle to the rulers, and above all else, that there is nothing which they should so anxiously guard, or of which they are to be such good guardians, as of the purity of the race. They should observe what elements mingle in their offspring;..." Plato Politeia

Last Online
    Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 @ 07:22 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    European-American, mostly Germanic
    Subrace
    Reduced Borreby
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    single adult
    Occupation
    College student
    Politics
    Capitalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ugh, I am not in favor of an opposing views forum. IMO its better to just ban the people who make statements that are too outrageous, and are obviously just trying to be annoying or play around. Looking at the opposing views forum can be quite exhausting and stressful, but I just can't help reading it. We shouldn't devote our time and effort to create a place where they will try to make us run around like chickens with our heads cut off when they create threads like "Am I aryan?" or "You guys are dumb asses."

Besides, it ruins the feel of the forum. When I come there is a true sense of Germanic culture and intellectualism; I feel at home, special, and relaxed around people like me who mostly respect my point of view and I respect theirs. If you invite in all the wackos and trolls they will f*ck it up. Skadi doesn't need a change, I would rather have a bit of deadness than risk messing up what we already have. It's the weekend before spring break, perhaps people are doing things with their families and don't have a lot of time to post.

Although I try to respect other people's ideas because I want others to respect mine, I have a hard time not being annoyed by the gay sympathizers and "libertarians" (call for the legalization of marijuana etc.) but that's just part of keeping Skadi a friendly and respectful environment.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456