Poll: Do you support an opposition forum for trolls and antis?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Opposition Forum for Trolls and Antis

Last Online
    Saturday, May 20th, 2017 @ 09:12 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Ancestry
    Germany/Ireland (Viking?)
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Single adult
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian (non-denominational)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Help & Suggestions > Opposition Forum for Trolls and Antis

I for one am most ardently opposed to this idea.

I have only been a member here on the forum for a little over a month and find great comfort and comradeship with my fellow Germanic brothers and sisters, discussing issues that affect our culture, our people and proposed "solutions" to both preserve and promote our people in a positive light around the globe.

I feel that by allowing people onto our forum to "merely regurgitate politically-correct, stereotypical Liberal New World Order propaganda BS" against us would do much to both denigrate the ideals of Skadi Forum and (in my humble opinion) would be counter to the more than justifiable reasons and principles the founders of this forum had in mind when they created Skadi in the first place.

We of Germanic heritage are a proud and noble people with a great and rich history. Isn't it enough that we must endure seemingly daily an ever constant barrage of anger directed towards us (by idiots mind you) in the REAL world that we would now consider opening the door and welcoming said idiots into our "VIRTUAL" world?

I for one see no positive benefit at all in making Skadi Forum open and available to non-Germanics.

It is obvious that I am very passionate about this topic and I would very much appreciate feedback from my brothers and sisters about this.

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by TXRog; Saturday, April 9th, 2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, May 7th, 2011 @ 09:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Austrian-German
    Ancestry
    Viennese
    Country
    Austria Austria
    State
    Vienna Vienna
    Nationalist-libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This topic looks old so I don't know if it was discussed or decided at the time but here is my view nonetheless: I think the idea could work if the debate section was moderated and the opposition were guests. They wouldn't become members because that would avoid spamming with insulting messages or reputation points and accessing private areas or attachments.

Needless to say, the discussion would have to be polite. If someone wants to make a point and question the board's views, (s)he should do it in a civil tone. Anti-Germanic slurs shouldn't be allowed from the opposition.

On the other hand, such a section isn't really necessary, in my opinion. It has worked well so far the way it is and sometimes the status quo isn't a bad thing. We don't need to change and modify all the time, especially if there are no signs of a realistic need. There haven't been many visible efforts from the opposition to post in the Questions About Germanics forum, for example.
    THINK! It's not illegal yet.

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    359 Posts
    If everyone here is prepared to devote half their time to fielding the same endless, idiotic questions based upon regurgitated multiculturalist propaganda, fine. I don't think we are, and I think doing that would weaken the message. If people are interested, let them read the forum. They will get answers enough there.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:59 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German, Norse-Irish
    Ancestry
    German, Irish, Norse
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    Missouri Missouri
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Factory worker
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    returning to rome
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I voted no!
    While i am not in agreement with some people here especially about the place of the Jewish peoples I do love this forum the way it is and have learned a great deal and have come to appreciate my Germanic heritage more. I don't feel the idea of an anti forum would be a real benefit to anyone and would really interfere with the purpose of this forum.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Most people would find it fun. Just observe how many members view a thread when there's a heated (preferably hostile) debate raging. People love it, though lots of people like to pretend to be above it. As long as the trolls were barred from posting outside of the opposition area, it shouldn't be a problem for anyone. Maybe new threads and posts in that section should be omitted from the 'new posts' section, so nobody who doesn't want to read or know about what they post could get by without even noticing the section.

Most of the time online, debating antis ends up in us getting banned or modded. It'd be nice to be able to debate with them freely without the looming thread of moderation should you start to thrash them a little too much.

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Well, I stick to my opinion that we don´t need antis or opposing views here. I guess we´ve enough to do with them in daily life and on other websites. We shouldn´t waste our precious time with talking against windmills. Let´s use our time for ourselves and Germanic matters. Skadi has a higher standard than other, more lowbrow forums where trolling and drama are the core of the board and source of most of its "entertainment factor". Do we really need to maintain a zoo of antis and other peculiar people? I doubt it.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    4 Days Ago @ 02:39 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Western
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I say No.
    We wouldn't want to give an opportunity for Anon to ravage the site and, god forbid, the likes of Encyclopedia Dramatica creating a page for our beloved Skadi like they've done for Stormfront already (though it's tame by their standards, and no I'm not comparing the quality of Skadi to Stormfront which has been discussed endlessly).

Sure it'd be fun to "debate" with dissidents, but that's not what we're here for, personal differences aside. There's SF, The Apricity, Youtube, 4chan, DeviantART, BBC comment threads, and a whole internet to have fun with and debate more or less with those who don't share our views.

Skadi is rather sacrosanct.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:59 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German, Norse-Irish
    Ancestry
    German, Irish, Norse
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    Missouri Missouri
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Factory worker
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    returning to rome
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

Skadi is rather sacrosanct.
    I have to agree there. Skadi is just too great a site to risk allowing all of the mouth breathers out there to ruin.

Last Online
    Monday, September 19th, 2016 @ 06:07 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bärin View Post
    Stormfront has an opposition forum where trolls and antis can post. It's a good exercise to debate and test our arguments against multiculturalism, and it keeps them away from the rest of the forum, so we can be among our own only. How about making one here on Skadi to restrict the antis and trolls?
    This is not Stormfront. Stormfront is a cesspit of degradation.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, July 25th, 2011 @ 06:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Franco-American
    Ancestry
    Frankish, Langobard, Scots, Norman, Goth, Bretagne, Bavarian, English.
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    State
    California California
    Happily married
    Politics
    Meritocracy
    Religion
    Unusual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bärin View Post
    Well, it does already. Look at threads about interracial relationships, Slavic and Germanic or homosexuality for example. It's beyond me how nationalists can support or excuse such degeneration. The forum is a forum "for people of Germanic heritage" but some are open to multiculturalism and mixing with non-Germanics. Instead of having these argument wars all over the forum, they would be much suited for an anti section.
    So Germanics automatically agree on everything? Is that really true of your own family? They all agree on everything?

At any rate, it's not my observation that people who come from Germanic roots (most English, most Scandinavians, most German nationals, and many others) agree on everything - including multiculturalism etc.

If they all agreed, it would be a very different world.

There's no reason why there should be a separate section for the "anti-section." First of all you'd have to figure out which group of Germanics is in the majority (and just look at the polls here - there are very many different opinions). Even if just 15-20% were isolated to those threads, you would be weakening your numbers quite a bit.

All of this is helping me understand why Germanics cannot form a political or cultural coalition - the separatists are quite a large group - but probably not quite half.

It seems we who are part Anglo-Saxon (English) are particularly in the minority. Good luck without us - if that's what you want to do.
    Always recognize that human individuals are ends, and do not use them as means to your end.
    ~~Immanuel Kant~~

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast