Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When Jews Fought Alongside the Wehrmacht

Seppl

The SS tunic is a rare "Sommerbluse" for an Obersturmfuehrer of a
    SS- Gebirgsjaeger regiment, most probably a German in the Handschar Division. The HJ Leistungs Abzeichen could be worn either on the left or right pockets. In the HJ they wore it on the right pocket. The Collars are Bevo type, made for an enlisted man but been upgraded to an Officer's rank, because in combat they wore often enlisted man's insignia, to hide their rank from the enemy.
    I have a large collection of mainly Gebirgsjaeger,SS and Orden, all original,I have a Ritterkreuz and a Deutsches Cross in Gold from my Great Uncle who was in the 199 Gren.Rgt. Please, contact me if you want some pics of some of my collection.
    I am not only NS, but I keep the idea alive by collecting Militaria from the period, so the Jews don't destroy it!
    Servus,

Akimbo

I would think that the inclusion of some Jewish individuals in the ranks of the Wehrmacht would actually help the reputation of the Fuhrer, at least from a historical point of view. It would show that Hitler was not a blind fanatic when it came to dealing with Jews, but rather a man who recruited those who were useful and condemned the rest to camps where they would not hamper the war effort.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 09:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    westphalian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post The Jewish Soldiers of Hitler

http://www.kansaspress.ku.edu/righitpix.html

for obvious reasons, Hitler's Jewish Nazis have always been ignored and their history smothered by their Nazi and Jewish comtemporaries alike, but now some of their identities are revealed.

the ideal blonde haired blue eyed german soldier found on many German propaganda posters was actually a jew.
    Last edited by Schutzstaffelor; Sunday, January 23rd, 2005 at 01:13 AM.

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 16th, 2010 @ 06:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: The Jewish Soldiers of Hitler

It seems as if exceptions are made all the time, I find it funny. I make exceptions myself to certain people who are affiliated with a group I don't approve of as a whole.

At least many of the Jews or mischlinges were of great European influence, and mostly European in origin. Not the Sephardic bunch, even though some still obviously exhibited their orientalid traits through phenotype. They denounced being Jewish or partially Jewish by siding with the Third Reich, some would never accept them, however.
    Last edited by Vlad Cletus; Sunday, January 23rd, 2005 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Spelling Correction

Last Online
    Sunday, December 14th, 2008 @ 05:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Tydal/Litorid/Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Identitär
    Religion
    Indo-europeisk Traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Apparently Dirlewanger also used Gypsy soldiers towards the end of the war, taken from the camps. I doubt that any of these held the high positions that some Mischlinge did though.

Last Online
    Tuesday, December 6th, 2016 @ 06:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is what I find in "Setting the Record Straight" by Ernst Zündel (p.152) :

"Thousands (of Jews) were serving in German industries, in the Wehrmacht, even in the SS - for instance, Eichmann and Gerstein (...) Jews were in fact in the officers' corps all the way up to the ranks of general, such as Field Marshall Milch and Admiral Friedeburg."

And (same page) :

"One of my researchers (...) found a study conducted as late as November 1944 by some Nazi government agency about the number of Jewish officers in the upper echelons of the high command. Clearly the German leadership was trying to come to grips with the problem - five years into the war !"

Such a situation was obviously a problem, since these elements' loyalty would be dubious, at least uncertain. You'll see what happens to the American Army in Iraq, with all these Black Muslims in it (Already, one of them threw a grenade in his American camp).

Actually, a good deal of German high officers were hostile to Hitler, like Canaris, who communicated vital information to the enemy all through the conflict, until he was executed. These conservative people were put in motion by some Christian humanism and never really understood the idea of a racial state. Some of them might well have been willing to play the Schindlers, having their own lists, and puposefully recruit Jews in the German Army.

That's why, for instance, the French fascist writer Pierre Drieu La Rochelle wrote in his Diaries, not long before, learning German defeat, he committed suicide :

"I have been hating for a long time the Reichswehr, this out-of-date and reactionary scum. Hitler should have massacred them in June 1934 with the help of the SA, instead of sacrificing them the SA."

In conclusion, I would say that some can deride the Third Reich for taking a Jew as an Aryan example (still it was one model among many pure Aryan other ones). I personnally find it a lot more funny that the guy (Eichmann)condemned in Israel during "the Mother of all Trials" of Nazi so-called crimes, was a Jew.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 26th, 2011 @ 07:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Family
    Married, happily
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oskorei
    Apparently Dirlewanger also used Gypsy soldiers towards the end of the war, taken from the camps. I doubt that any of these held the high positions that some Mischlinge did though.
    Oskorei i find this piece of information about Dirlewanger very interesting.Could you please provide me with some bibliography ?
    Dimitrios

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Friday, July 31st, 2020 @ 02:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

When Jews Fought Alongside the Wehrmacht

When Jews Fought Alongside the Wehrmacht

Jewish Zionist collaboration with the Nazis is better known and Israeli emulation of Nazi tactics is obvious but Jews also fought alongside troops of the Third Reich in 1941. Below, via Jews on First's "Rebutting Obsession," are two excerpts from "Jews in Finland During the Second World War."

The position of Finnish Jews was unique in another respect as well: several hundred of them fought in the war as Germany’s comrades in arms. ...

In the summer of 1941, Finland joined the war Germany had started against the Soviet Union. In this Continuation War, as it is often called with respect to Finland’s part, the loyalty of Finnish Jews was put to test, and was shadowed by fear and uncertainty. Nevertheless, the Jews fought like everyone else. The Jewish magazine Makkabi declared in December 1942 that they were fighting “for the freedom and independence of Finland” 1 (Torvinen, Kadimah 132–33). During the war, co-belligerence with Germany felt distant and theoretical, and not everyone came into contact with the German troops in Finland (Rautkallio, Aseveljeys 122). Many of the Jewish soldiers did not really think about it until after the war (Rautkallio, Aseveljeys 143–44).

Relationships with the Germans were described as correct, even friendly (Rautkallio, Aseveljeys 125, 127). Most Jews spoke German (Jalowisch in Rautkallio, Aseveljeys 128), which may have contributed to friendships being formed. No serious incidents were reported (Rautkallio, Aseveljeys 129), but some Jews felt ill at ease and were afraid (Kaplun in Rautkallio, Aseveljeys 127).

The Jewishness of these soldiers was not hidden from the Germans, and there even was a field synagogue. Furloughs were given for Sabbaths, and some came from considerable distances to attend. The Germans were aware of the synagogue but did not interfere (Rautkallio, Aseveljeys 127, 129–132). Some of the Jewish soldiers even liked to proclaim their religion to provoke the Germans, whose reactions were mainly surprised but not particularly negative. When asked about their Jewish soldiers, Finnish superiors usually defended them, saying they were no different from other Finns (Rautkallio, Aseveljeys 128–129). Jewish medical officers treated German patients and saved their lives, even risking their own (Rautkallio, Aseveljeys 133, 141). Several Jews were awarded German decorations, but they refused to accept them (Poljakoff in Torvinen, Kadimah 135; Smolar 155–57).
    http://vfpdissident.blogspot.com/200...whermacht.html

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Last Online
    Sunday, August 19th, 2012 @ 11:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    English (50%), German (20%), Irish (12.5%), Lithuanian (12.5%), Scottish, Dutch, French
    Woden, Thunor, Frīg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    My first guess is that these Finnish Jews were accepted because they were thought of as having very little, if any, "non-Aryan" blood. I bet that they were all super-Nordids.

I would like to see pictures of these Finnish Jews, though I doubt that is possible.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Friday, July 31st, 2020 @ 02:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Hitler's Jewish Soldiers

The Untold Story of Nazi Racial Laws and Men of Jewish Descent in the German Military

Military service book of "half-Jew" Hermann Aub

Soldiers taking the oath of allegiance to Hitler

"Half-Jew" Horst Geitner was awarded both the Iron Cross Second Class and the Silver Wound Badge.

This photo of "half-Jew" Werner Goldberg, who was blond and blue-eyed, was used by a Nazi propaganda newspaper for its title page. Its caption: "The Ideal German Soldier."

"Half-Jew" Commander Paul Ascher, Admiral Lütjens's first staff officer on the battleship Bismarck; Ascher received Hitler's Deutschblütigkeitserklärung. (Military awards: EKI, EKII, and War Service Cross Second Class.)

"Quarter-Jew" Admiral Bernhard Rogge wearing the Ritterkreuz; he received Hitler's Deutschblütigkeitserklärung. (Military awards: oak leaves to Ritterkreuz, Ritterkreuz, samurai sword from the emperor of Japan, EKI, and EKII.)

"Half-Jew" Johannes Zukertort (last rank general) received Hitler's Deutschblütigkeitserklärung.

"Half-Jew" Colonel Walter H. Hollaender, decorated with the Ritterkreuz and German-Cross in Gold; he received Hitler's Deutschblütigkeitserklärung. (Military awards: Ritterkreuz, German-Cross in Gold, EKI, EKII, and Close Combat Badge.)

"Half-Jew" and later Luftwaffe General Helmut Wilberg; Hitler declared him Aryan in 1935. (Military awards: Hohenzollern's Knight's Cross with Swords, EKI, EKII.)

"Half-Jew" and field-marshal Erhard Milch (left) with General Wolfram von Richthofen. Hitler declared Milch Aryan. He was awarded the Ritterkreuz for his performance during the campaign in Norway in 1940.

General Gotthard Heinrici, who was married to a "half-Jew," meeting Hitler in 1937.

Side and front photographs of "half-Jew" Anton Mayer, similar to those that often accompanied a Mischling's application for exemption.

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast