View Poll Results: Who do you think can become an American?

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only those of English ancestry (not including Germans, Scandinavians...)

9 3.47%
  • Only those of English and/or other Germanic ancestry (including Germans, Scandinavians...)

85 32.82%
  • Only those of European ancestry (including Italians, Poles...)

83 32.05%
  • Anyone

66 25.48%
  • Other

16 6.18%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617

Thread: Who Can Become an American?

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 08:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    North Western Europe
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spjabork View Post
    That is why I wrote: "... which are presently in force."
    My point is, it contradicts the initial idea.

The problem will all laws, and sorts of "constitutions" is, that they are changeable.
    That would be in clear contradiction with the Declaration of Independence, which stated that all men are created "equal", and that they are endowed by their creator with certain, unalienable rights, and that among them are life, liberty etc.
    No, it doesn't contradict that. Since that declaration actually talks about natural rights, while citizenship is a positive right.
    The FF made really a bad start when they started by contradicting themselves.
    If that was really so, then they perhaps should have been more outspoken on that issue. And not in private talk, but in official documents.
    Well, as said the above wasn't such a contradiction. BUT of course one could now go and extrapolate general statements to make them extrapolate others.

To me it is pretty obvious that the Founding Fathers never had the idea to make America a "free for all", but that it was to be a "White men's country".

Last Online
    10 Hours Ago @ 11:38 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Jutland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Family
    Widowed
    Politics
    cons. old fashion worker class
    Religion
    Philosophical Archaic Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    It seems, that each immigrant wave
    outbreeds the former long-time settlers.

UK-settlers made native Redskin Americans,
    French and Spanish disappear.

Non-UK Whites made the English vanish.

Non-Whites are chasing the Whites into other
    neighbourhoods.

The area of the USA is far too large, to be effectively controlled
    by one ethnicity alone.

Maybe the USA should be torn into several
    independent nations.

Passport does not suggest being a native anymore;
    the horde of Officials are a nation of themselves,
    and the passport indicates, which Nation of Officials you succumb to.

The Officials will be there, if the government dies.
    Politics is also about to tame the Officials and Public Service,
    not just the populace.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe Jens Lornsen View Post
    It seems, that each immigrant wave
    outbreeds the former long-time settlers.

UK-settlers made native Redskin Americans,
    French and Spanish disappear.
    There are currently around 2 million American Indians in the US today compared to around 800,000 when Jamestown was founded. As for the French and Spanish they were never numerically important in any part of the US that use to be part of the French or Spanish empires with the exception of Louisiana (French) and the Rio Grande Valley (Hispanos & Tejanos), at least 95% of Hispanics currently in the US are the result of 20th and 21st century immigration.

Non-UK Whites made the English vanish.
    No they didn't, we are the largest segment of the US population but no one considers us to be an "ethnicity".

Non-Whites are chasing the Whites into other
    neighbourhoods.
    That is true and contributes to urban sprawl.

The area of the USA is far too large, to be effectively controlled by one ethnicity alone.
    It can be easily controlled with the proper laws and eliminating the race traitors among us, e.g. "White Saviors".

Maybe the USA should be torn into several
    independent nations.

That is a defeatist attitude and benefits our enemies who are implementing a divide and conquer strategy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Æmeric For This Useful Post:

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ediruc View Post
    I know one primary opposition they had to German immigrants at first was the fact that the British had German mercenaries fighting for them during the Revolutionary War. But, other than that, Germans were the least resented among those who immigrated into the country at any period. Germans pretty much established the Midwest as a dairy country for America. I'd say the Irish took the most hatred, because Anglo-Americans still were influenced in their thought processes from the British. They were even relegated to the status of Africans, which is why so many blacks in America today claim they have Irish blood in them, because Irish were forced to live in impoverish areas with them and it resulted in race mixing.
    Whole units of Germans fought for the US during the revolution, including at the battle of Trenton were Washington surprised the Hessian mercenaries by crossing the Delaware river in winter. Most Americans don't realize that Germany was not a single state at the time of the American revolution. Also many Hessian mercenaries stayed in America after the war.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Once More Unto the Breach
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    ex-U.C. of England & Ireland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    202 Posts
    I chose English, but really ought to have picked "Other", because I believe all the Irish and Germans ought to be assimilated the way that the Dutch and Swedes were, when our colonies absorbed theirs. It's not like the Irish and Germans had their own colonies, so why should they express a more separate sense of identity than the Dutch and Swedes, who came independently of the English, unlike the Irish and Germans, who came as a result of the King of Great Britain also being King of Ireland and Elector of Hanover? Granted, Prince William III of Orange redeemed New Nederland when he married the Duke of York's elder daughter Queen Mary II, whilst Prince George of Denmark-Norway approximated the same for Nya Sverige when he married the Duke of York's younger daughter Queen Anne. Most know, of course, that the Duke of York founded New York and may not know that NYC was made second capital of New England after Boston, alongside with the Duke becoming King of England.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodskarl Dubhgall For This Useful Post:

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Sunday, November 11th, 2018 @ 09:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Pennsylvania Dutch
    Y-DNA
    I1a2a
    Country
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Far Right
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Anyone can become a US citizen, but you're only of the Amerikaner ethnic group if you descend from pre-Revolutionary settlers.

This includes a large minority of both English, German, and Dutch Americans, but almost no Scandinavians. I wish the poll had a "only descendants of Colonial settlers" option.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby Martnen For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Anyone who can get into the country and will not be kicked out immediately (as it looks like that) .

Who wants...that is another question.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    202 Posts
    Only Germanic folks ought to be American. If it puts pressure on Irish, Finns and Belgians to assimilate, then so be it.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Angelfolc
    Ancestry
    Angles, Frisians, Saxons
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    Y
    mtDNA
    X
    Country
    State
    Hannover Hannover
    Yorkist
    Occupation
    Politics
    Welf
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    202 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peeps_k.nothing View Post
    I personally think that anyone of indo-european descent should be allowed to become a U.S. citizen. In a world where other ethnic groups feel the need to target us for whatever reasons they may have, I find it necessary that we forge bonds of unification, and disregard our differences in cultural backgrounds, so that we may shield ourselves and our fellow brethren from the slings and arrows that outside world feels the need to constantly hurl at us. I am in no way saying that we should forsake our traditions and forefathers, but as a people who share a common genetic tree, we have a duty to preserve our genes and not allow them to be eradicated or assimulated into the general populace.
    All of Indo-Europa? LOL, I would merely make that a requirement for UN membership and never think one country able to maintain the broad spectrum of said people(s) with a multi-metaethnicity. It would be possible and preferable to have Earth and the Moon all dominated by Indogermanen, with Georgians, Dravidians, Afroasiatics, Uralics, Sino-Tibetans and related basically second class, Africans confined to themselves in their own land.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestr View Post
    The United States (and this applies to the rest of the West as well) can do a lot to reduce it's economic dependency on immigration. The Japanese government is actively working with the private sector to develop robots that will assume most of the manufacturing roles. The purpose of this is explicit: to reduce the need for immigrants from SE Asia and elsewhere. The Japanese in fact own 30% of the worlds robots. I think it's a damn shame we can't do the same here; we Occidentals invented robots! But the Japanese have something going for them--and it's something crucial: homogeneity. Without some degree of homogeneity, collective actions like this can't be made. It would have been possible 50 or so years ago, but now I'm not so sure. There are just too many groups lobbying for the destruction of America as a NW European entity.

This is the logical evolution for an advanced people that don't care to produce more children than they can care for--roboticised labour. If we didn't have so many internal enemies we could do it.
    The Civil War is a modern echo of the old disputes over Greek technology vs Roman servitude, ironically fought by Republicans and Democrats respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtengel View Post
    I can understand the inclusions of Germans and Celts, but what criterion is behind encouraging immigration of Finns and Balts? What significant contribution did they have to the building of America, that e.g. the Slavs and Mediterraneans didn't?

Including Hispanic anchor babies?

Remember, I'm not asking who can become an American according to official laws. I already know that. Maybe I should have phrased my question differently: who should become an American?
    Finns by default, because Finland was as much an integral part of Sweden as Ireland was of Britain, as Belgium was of the Netherlands. It's hard to exclude Balts if Prussians are welcome, same as Hungarians with Austrians at play. It's hard not to include Welsh and Irish if Scots are a "given".

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    No, only immigration from Germanics and Celtics should actively be encouraged. Immigration from Fennics and Baltics should be allowed or tolerated, considering that often their communities predate the large immigration waves.

There is a sizeable Finnish-American community for one, some of it dating a fair while back. Latvians and Finns first arrived in America around 1640 with Swedes, and many can trace their ancestry back right to those settlers. Lithuanians and Estonians would have to be included by association and their exclusion would be arbitrary. Estonians first arrived to escape persecution by the Russiand and the Lithuanian-American community would appear to be fairly small, to my knowledge.

Considering the small size of the countries in mention (none has more than 5 million inhabitants themselves), their immigration waves, including their early immigration waves predating 1776 by far, were quite considerable. Their being tolerated should thus be reasoned upon their ancient settlement.
    Latvia per se didn't exist so much as Livonia and Curonia at the time, while Sweden was in union with Poland-Lithuania under the Vasas, before the Hessians took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Paladin View Post
    I chose anyone European, but it's a little to late to be debating this isn't it? Ideally anyone European and Native American would be able to call themselves an American. I have to include non-Germanics, such as the Italians because America as we know it exists because of an Italian - namely, Christopher Colombus.

I wish we would have taken a different path. Slavery was a bad idea, now mass non-White immigration, political correctness and multiculturalism, what's next?
    According to some, America was named after Richard Amerike, but America is a Latin variant of Henry as much as Henricus or Henrico. It's questionable that Amerigo Vespucci was the source, being unlikely since he was not a ruler and only commoner surnames are commemorated in toponymy like Delaware and Pennsylvania (Vespucci didn't even discover or colonize either), that colonies were named after the first names of kings and queens like the Philippines and Virginia (it's unlikely even a colony would have been named for Cromwell or Bonaparte like "Oliveria" or "Napoleonia"), so it could have been named for Henry VII or Henry VIII of England.

Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Columbus did not discover America and had nothing to do with the founding of the United States.

I would exclude Italians from calling themselves American, they were late comers and did not contribute to the early development of the country. Just the same as I would exclude slavs, poles, and jews. These people did nothing to help the founding of America and only came later to reap the benefits from the Germanics, Irish, and French that came before them.

In fact you might even say that the Italians, slavs, and jews have done much to harm America, especially the last group.
    Well, John and Sebastian Cabot sailed for England, so we should have them in mind instead on Columbus Day, if not Leif Ericsson. My mother in law celebrates Queen Elizabeth I's birthday in a similar way that Canadians do Queen Victoria's. Perhaps some more honors should be bestowed upon the achievements of Sir Walter Raleigh on the Atlantic and Sir Francis Drake on the Pacific--from sea to shining sea. They did valiantly defend England from the Spanish Armada, so symbolic of resistance to the illegal aliens of Aztlan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfram View Post
    You don't seem to understand that most mexicans are typical parasites. If you give them a handout then that will encourage them to keep demanding for more. That is why I do not give change to bums on the street. They did not earn it, and only think they have because the liberals convinced them that simply being human is enough to qualify for immediate benefits.
    If you give them California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas, then you can be for sure they will also want parts of Nevada, Colorado, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana as well.

Also, if we give the mexicans land then what is to prevent native Americans from making claims as well?
    There are also plenty of negroes who claim ancestry from slaves that are going to demand their "40 acres and a mule".

We give them a few feet and they will take a thousand square miles instead.
    To just give in like that will be seen as weakness and interpreted to mean that we are not going to fight.
    That is the same reason for why so many mexicans are dating White women.

You give them the border states and they will only proceed to flood into the new ones as well.
    In short, if you give them land then you will only assist in helping them to expand their grasping reach even more.

It is better to stop this where it all started or it will never end.
    I am all for using Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California as buffer states with additional border controls and patrols in place around their own state lines, to quarantine Latin American migrations.

That is why I wrote: "... which are presently in force."

The problem will all laws, and sorts of "constitutions" is, that they are changeable.
    That would be in clear contradiction with the Declaration of Independence, which stated that all men are created "equal", and that they are endowed by their creator with certain, unalienable rights, and that among them are life, liberty etc.

The FF made really a bad start when they started by contradicting themselves.
    If that was really so, then they perhaps should have been more outspoken on that issue. And not in private talk, but in official documents.
    "Are Negros men or animals?" If they don't rate to English manhood, they are beneath consideration. The Indians were just pushed off to the side and thrown a bone or two, but not made citizens either. Those restricted to Plantations or Reservations were not capable of being English and the system clearly segregated racial opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ediruc View Post
    I know one primary opposition they had to German immigrants at first was the fact that the British had German mercenaries fighting for them during the Revolutionary War. But, other than that, Germans were the least resented among those who immigrated into the country at any period. Germans pretty much established the Midwest as a dairy country for America. I'd say the Irish took the most hatred, because Anglo-Americans still were influenced in their thought processes from the British. They were even relegated to the status of Africans, which is why so many blacks in America today claim they have Irish blood in them, because Irish were forced to live in impoverish areas with them and it resulted in race mixing.
    No, the Irish primarily mixed with English, as Scots with Germans, primarily because of their historical introductions to the community of the Crown, with Irish initially since the Plantagenets and especially with the Tudors. Scots and Germans didn't become consistent parties of English society until the Stuart and Hanoverian periods deliberately included them by the additions of Scotland and Brunswick. If Negros claim Irish, it's Marxist "solidarity" in race and class warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Whole units of Germans fought for the US during the revolution, including at the battle of Trenton were Washington surprised the Hessian mercenaries by crossing the Delaware river in winter. Most Americans don't realize that Germany was not a single state at the time of the American revolution. Also many Hessian mercenaries stayed in America after the war.
    Not so, as the Franklin quote indicates, that Americans were aware not just of Hessians, but Saxons and Palatines, while your own post indicates the presence of Prussians under von Steuben and everyone knows about Bavarian Oktoberfest. Maybe the myriad states of Germany (just what is "Württemberg"? maybe not far from a Luxembourg or a Liechtenstein) before, during and even after Unification can seem bewildering to the average American, but most of us were alive when Germany was split between Bonn's West and Berlin's East, still reeling from the loss of Prussia to Poland and Russia.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodskarl Dubhgall View Post

According to some, America was named after Richard Amerike, but America is a Latin variant of Henry as much as Henricus or Henrico. It's questionable that Amerigo Vespucci was the Was America named for England's King Henry VII?, being unlikely since he was not a ruler and only commoner surnames are commemorated in toponymy like Delaware and Pennsylvania (Vespucci didn't even discover or colonize either), that colonies were named after the first names of kings and queens like the Philippines and Virginia (it's unlikely even a colony would have been named for Cromwell or Bonaparte like "Oliveria" or "Napoleonia"), so it could have been named for Henry VII or Henry VIII of England.

Was America named for England's King Henry VII?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Æmeric For This Useful Post:

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617